Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Expedited screening with TSA Pre✓™ on Air Canada flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expedited screening with TSA Pre✓™ on Air Canada flights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by canadiancow
It finally happened to me.

I checked myself and American Bovine in through the app and got our BPs. We entered the CLEAR line at SFO, and only realized at that point that we didn't have Precheck. We debated going to the check-in counter, but we didn't think it would save us any time (though it would have saved a fair bit of hassle with respect to removing items from pockets and bags).

At the gate, I mentioned it to the concierge who was doing our doc check, and she verified my KTN was in the system properly. She then printed a boarding pass, and it had the Precheck indicator on it. So somehow the mobile BP just didn't have it.

Moral of the story: Verify Precheck shows up on your BP before getting to the security line
This happened to me last week, too. As I started to make my way to the regular security lane, I changed seat via the iOS app and generated a new boarding pass which showed PreCheck. Turned around, went back to the PreCheck security line, and swapped back into the seat I wanted after I made it through security.

Strange bug, and I also didn't notice before approaching security.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 2:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ffsim
This happened to me last week, too. As I started to make my way to the regular security lane, I changed seat via the iOS app and generated a new boarding pass which showed PreCheck. Turned around, went back to the PreCheck security line, and swapped back into the seat I wanted after I made it through security.

Strange bug, and I also didn't notice before approaching security.
I got there after FC so there was no more option to do it myself
Old Dec 25, 2019, 10:13 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing, but how does one get Pre on the new website? It used to be that from manage my bookings you could fill out APIS and put in the KTN, but I don't see that option anymore (or am missing it). The reservation was made over the phone with AC if that makes any difference.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by pewpew
I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing, but how does one get Pre on the new website? It used to be that from manage my bookings you could fill out APIS and put in the KTN, but I don't see that option anymore (or am missing it). The reservation was made over the phone with AC if that makes any difference.
You can enter it when you OLCI at a minimum anyway.
D582 and canadiancow like this.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by pewpew
Did this, worked fine.

Then again you're talking to someone that never had a pre check issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.