Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Comments on 777HD HKG-YVR - EPIC FAIL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comments on 777HD HKG-YVR - EPIC FAIL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:59 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by pmax
As far as I can tell this is the only real problem with the AC "HD" configuration. People have shown they are very willing to pay for economy and premium economy in this setup. I have yet to hear a good story about business class though. Business class on AC HD configuration should be discounted at least 20-30% compared to AC business on 77W/77L/787 and the competition. Then the purchaser would know what they're in for and adjust expectations accordingly. Even re-brand the HD configuration as Rouge perhaps.
I thought the plane was Rouge and at the last minute AC decided to call it Air Canada?
Again AC is just confusing its customers with crap products.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by DieselYVR
CX hard product is better in every class of service and soft product tends to be better too. On the other hand it also tends to be more expensive than AC but a lot of HK residents are pretty loyal to CX.

I switched this year and have no regrets.
I switched also and have no regrets.

It all started when AC enhanced the Altitude programme making it completely unattractive.

Last edited by Clipper801; Sep 4, 2014 at 6:19 am
Old Sep 7, 2014, 6:13 pm

Seating advice 777HD

Mr prmetime and I will be experiencing our first J experience next year flying YVR-LHR. I've read negative comments about this cabin particularly about the foot space and was hoping to get some advice on which seats to select on the flight. We are presently in row 3A and C but have heard there may be more foot space in seats D and G especially when flat. Thoughts? TIA.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 6:23 pm

There's more space in the D/G seats directly bordering the aisle (ie no table beside them) IIRC. But for me the much better reason for moving to D/G is so the window seat occupant won't have to climb over the other to use the washroom.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
If you're travelling with your spouse, then I find that D|G are the best seats. You both get aisle access, and are able to sit right next to each other and dine together. I'd suggest row 3 to 5, as you're positioned away from the galleys.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 8:35 pm

Thanks to both of you. I've switched to the third row D/G seats.

Last edited by prmetime; Sep 8, 2014 at 2:41 am
Old Sep 8, 2014, 12:04 am

Programs: AC E50K
I would avoid 1 D/G as the snacks are placed right in front of you. People will lean over your seat to get the snacks.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:44 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Has there been any service improvement or is the 77W the same old same old?
Old Dec 1, 2014, 7:42 pm

I am thinking of making a J class redemption for the YVR->HKG route around April time-frame. Is the current J class product the same? Or have it changed?
Old Dec 1, 2014, 8:00 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by SilverGGA
I am thinking of making a J class redemption for the YVR->HKG route around April time-frame. Is the current J class product the same? Or have it changed?
They have announced the change, but I do not believe it will be implemented before the end of 2015.

I think that the new J cabin by April would be a long-shot.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SilverGGA
route on UA to avoid YQ.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
route on UA to avoid YQ.
But that means having to fly on UA...

Just kidding... well maybe not... OK, just a little...
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PLeblond
But that means having to fly on UA...

Just kidding... well maybe not... OK, just a little...
I will fly UA to avoid rouge.....in fact I just did.... just manage your expectations.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by airbus320
I will fly UA to avoid rouge.....in fact I just did.... just manage your expectations.
I often fly UA, especially when J fares are equivalent to AC Y. Or when UA Y is several hundreds of dollars less than Rouge. If the prices were the same, it would de a toss up for me, but connecting cities would probably de the deciding factor.

In this case, its a question of AC Mainline YVR-HKG studio pods, versus UA J.

I would definitely take an AC Studio pod above 2-4-2 United J, and yes, I would even pay the YQ for it too.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
route on UA to avoid YQ.
What do you mean? I priced the flight on UA's site which will cost 80k miles + ~US$40 of taxes. I don't think there's any fuel surcharge. The flight number is still AC though, not code-shared with UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.