Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happens when...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2011, 11:09 pm

Thanks to the OP! From me and several friends.

I have ticket numbers!

Does AE yield management saturdays? Or will this be on until monday?

This doesn't appear to work for short haul.

Remember DON'T call them.
And when they call you DON'T give in!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 11:12 pm

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
There also seems to be quite a bit inventory available, or is it just me.

For example, for fun & giggles, I did a dummy booking for 5 (!) to a few European cities (FCO, VIE, AMS...) in late June to early July, requested J/F and got back decent option at 60,000 a piece. Now, J/F was usually only available on the intra-continental flights and not the TATL legs - if there was space for 5 in J, I'd fall off my chair. I won't mention the fees, because, then, I did fall off my chair: $560 pp x 5 pax = $$$$. But, hey! I'd redeem points and the YQ++ is still less than half that a paid fare on AC would cost, same dates (did side-by-side dummy bookings).

Whitey
Old Dec 2, 2011, 11:25 pm

A question on changes. There is a trip in early 2013 I know I'll be making. Is there a way to make the ticket last more than one year?
Old Dec 2, 2011, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
.... havent tried yet.... Feb 2012.....
I'll be trying them out next year too!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 11:26 pm

they are opened weekends.....

Whitney..... gotta watch out for the different surcharges and taxes! eek!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by tracon
A question on changes. There is a trip in early 2013 I know I'll be making. Is there a way to make the ticket last more than one year?
gonna be hard cause you will need to call in and then they will review your file!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
Here's a good one......... has anyone received an actual ticket # yet???
Like "014.............."
Yes, I have an 014 e-ticket number and PNR for my sorta mini-RTW (JFK-IST-BKK-CNX/TPE-ICN-JFK)
Old Dec 2, 2011, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by WhiteYUL
There also seems to be quite a bit inventory available, or is it just me.

For example, for fun & giggles, I did a dummy booking for 5 (!) to a few European cities (FCO, VIE, AMS...) in late June to early July, requested J/F and got back decent option at 60,000 a piece. Now, J/F was usually only available on the intra-continental flights and not the TATL legs - if there was space for 5 in J, I'd fall off my chair. I won't mention the fees, because, then, I did fall off my chair: $560 pp x 5 pax = $$$$. But, hey! I'd redeem points and the YQ++ is still less than half that a paid fare on AC would cost, same dates (did side-by-side dummy bookings).

Whitey
It definitely does seem like there's a lot more availability than normal doesn't it. I was looking at a few mini-RTW's but with these fuel surcharges all I could justify making a 1:30am impulse buy on was a YYZ-YVR roundtrip. $156 and 25k miles for pods both ways is too good to pass up.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 11:42 pm

Uh oh: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...r-fewer-miles/

A hundred or so tix they can write off after firing a few IT monkeys, but if Americans start converting MR points en masse they will definitely push back.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 11:45 pm

I'm currently dealing with the fallout of the KE fiasco (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...560-ai-16.html Start from #637 if you are unfamiliar) and I really hope this doesn't go down the same way.

If Aeroplan decides to cancel/refund, they had better not wait two months and consult lawyers and regulatory agencies before contacting the customers!
Old Dec 3, 2011, 12:02 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
nevermind

Last edited by sadiqhassan; Dec 3, 2011 at 12:15 am
Old Dec 3, 2011, 12:25 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by CrownRoyalForever
A hundred or so tix they can write off after firing a few IT monkeys, but if Americans start converting MR points en masse they will definitely push back.
Sorry to say but I'm one of those who converted Amex points to AP to get a 60k business to Europe. But I was following this thread since 4pm this afternoon, working out various routings...until at 2am Aeroplan crashed on me. Panicked, but was able to log back on, I hastily booked.

Thanks to the OP for the find, and for keeping the thread somewhat low profile
Old Dec 3, 2011, 12:29 am
Suspended

Still working.

Also worth noting is that LX tickets seem to be priced at the old tax/fee level. YUL <-> NRT on LX F is coming in at $165.

Just booked one.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 12:34 am

What rule is preventing me from booking YVR-ICN[STOP]-LXA (Tibet)

I've never booked a rtw world before and I'm trying to figure out how to get from YVR to LXA in F.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 12:34 am

Programs: Marriot Silver Elite
Originally Posted by CrownRoyalForever
Uh oh: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...r-fewer-miles/

You gotta wonder what people are thinking when they post stuff like that. Just because you can read FT doesn't mean you should put it on your blog and ruin it for everyone else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.