Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happens when...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by mabramovich
So Starnet availability to Europe seems to be really bad for this summer -- I don't see anything stand out in J...

Is this normal, or do you figure this is due to this promotion?
Now that the promotion has ended, it seems near-term availability got better.

As far as the summer goes? It's a peak travel time to go to Europe. It seems somewhat reasonable.

Also, with regards to changing the mileage required for changes -- where in the T/Cs does it let them inflate the miles required for changes? I mean, if you weren't told over the phone that changes would result in an increased mileage...am I missing something?
The published award chart never changed. Some people were warned over the phone. Some of us (myself included) made out like bandits.

This is definitely a YMMV situation. I'd advise hanging up and calling again if need be (but doing so as to avoid getting a nasty note made on your record).
Old Jan 16, 2012, 7:51 am

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
So Starnet availability to Europe seems to be really bad for this summer -- I don't see anything stand out in J...
olympics
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by cruisr
Anyone try to make changes since Jan 1? Were you told it will be more miles?
I got two answers. Should have made the change when I was told "no additional miles" but wasnt ready yet.
Today I changed two J tickets (from separate accounts) bought at promo rates in December for only the $90 fee + HST. No additional miles needed. I didn't even bring it up. Ticket had to be manually put together by the ticketing people so it took over 30 min of being on hold.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by rehoult
YYC-YYZ positioning leg booked for my wife's RTW is booked. YYC-YYZ o/w for 17K + $77.

Oddly, YVR-YYC (the other positioning flight required) is showing at the correct rates.
Now both are at the correct rates.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond

Is this normal, or do you figure this is due to this promotion?

Also, with regards to changing the mileage required for changes -- where in the T/Cs does it let them inflate the miles required for changes? I mean, if you weren't told over the phone that changes would result in an increased mileage...am I missing something?
Also not the best on CX rewards to LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.