Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happens when...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2011, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont PC, AC nobody, VIPorter, National Exec, Hertz #1 Club Gold
What happens when...

I'm looking at booking a trip on AP.

However, the number of miles needed for this trip is less than it should be according to the mileage chart (i.e., J-class only requires the Y-class mile amount).

I can get to the final payment page and still it shows the erroneous amount of points. If I book and pay the fee/taxes...what are the chances I get to fly J for the points of Y?

Any one ever have a similar experience?
Old Dec 2, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador & Priority Club Plat, Hhonors Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by headhunter

However, the number of miles needed for this trip is less than it should be according to the mileage chart (i.e., J-class only requires the Y-class mile amount).

I can get to the final payment page and still it shows the erroneous amount of points. If I book and pay the fee/taxes...what are the chances I get to fly J for the points of Y?

Hmmm...I can't think of a reason for this - is it exactly the correct amount of Y points as the total even though it's all in J? Or just a lesser amount than the J pts should be? What airlines and zones / continents?
Old Dec 2, 2011, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont PC, AC nobody, VIPorter, National Exec, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by YukonYXY
Hmmm...I can't think of a reason for this - is it exactly the correct amount of Y points as the total even though it's all in J? Or just a lesser amount than the J pts should be? What airlines and zones / continents?
It is strange, first time I've seen it.

It's the exact amount of Y points needed.

Includes a TATL and a TPAC routing. A combo of J/Y seats.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 2:22 pm

Programs: A Few
If you can get the website to book the ticket I would suggest you do it now. The error you have discovered is global on the AE website and will now likely be shut down very quickly.

mini-RTW's are on sale for 75k in Business and 125K in First.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 2:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador & Priority Club Plat, Hhonors Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by yycworldtraveler
If you can get the website to book the ticket I would suggest you do it now. The error you have discovered is global on the AE website and will now likely be shut down very quickly.

Just checked myself and was about to report the same thing! Lufthansa First from NA - Europe and then on to Asia = 125k!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 2:28 pm

You cannot do MiniRTW will many legs, as they will involve an agent....and they will find out this loophole!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
You cannot do MiniRTW will many legs, as they will involve an agent....and they will find out this loophole!
Correct...but you could do a simple 3 leg booking and call in later and have an agent make changes for you.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 2:32 pm

Correct...but you could do a simple 3 leg booking and call in later and have an agent make changes for you.

they will review the points upon calculation! happened to me before, change trip and they wanted to charge me 10K points more (which was wrong) eek!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 2:32 pm

book it book it book it
Old Dec 2, 2011, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Just booked a mini RTW in F.
YVR-LAX (UA)-SIN (SQ) (stop)-BKK (SQ) (POT)-ZRH (LX) (stop) - FRA (LX) - JFK (SQ) -SFO (UA) -YVR (UA).
Not afraid of any possible consequences, as I only had 135k pts in my acct.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 2:37 pm

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
Originally Posted by headhunter

I saw the same thing today on a direct YUL-LHR, 60,000 for both Y and J. However, fees were $600 and $900, respectively.

But if that suits you go ahead and pull the trigger before it disappears.

FWIW, I've also seen off-peak season flights to CDG in J with reduced mileage.

Happy travels, now I'm off to see if there's a routing out there for me...!

Whitey

Last edited by WhiteYUL; Dec 2, 2011 at 2:39 pm Reason: typos
Old Dec 2, 2011, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by WhiteYUL
I saw the same thing today on a direct YUL-LHR, 60,000 for both Y and J. However, fees were $600 and $900, respectively.

But if that suits you go ahead and pull the trigger before it disappears.

FWIW, I've also seen off-peak season flights to CDG in J with reduced mileage.

Happy travels, now I'm off to see if there's a routing out tehre foe me...!

Whitey
You should have done YUL-ZRH-LHR to avoid YQ...
And, for some Krug, I would do YUL-LGA-JFK-FRA-LON to get a suite in SQ.

Last edited by AA_EXP09; Dec 2, 2011 at 2:39 pm Reason: Krug
Old Dec 2, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
You should have done YUL-ZRH-LHR to avoid YQ...
And, for some Krug, I would do YUL-LGA-JFK-FRA-LON to get a suite in SQ.
Just a dummy booking - only shopping. the ZRH option wasn't displayed as being available on the sample date I looked. If, I were to pull the trigger I would certainly look at LX (while there is still not YQ) as the $ savings is worth the conenction. I've had good expereinces on LX J and ZRH is pretty efficient for connections. Besides, the kids' play area is pretty awesome. Maybe one day when I have kids I'll take them there...!

Whitey
Old Dec 2, 2011, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Just booked a mini RTW in F.
YVR-LAX (UA)-SIN (SQ) (stop)-BKK (SQ) (POT)-ZRH (LX) (stop) - FRA (LX) - JFK (SQ) -SFO (UA) -YVR (UA).
Not afraid of any possible consequences, as I only had 135k pts in my acct.
You called in obviously...and the agent didn't notice / say anything!?
Old Dec 2, 2011, 2:48 pm

i have search results like YYZ-BOS-FRA-SIN from the search engine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.