Wiki Posts
Search

What happens when...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2011, 3:31 pm

aarrrgghhh still crunching a route
Old Dec 2, 2011, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont PC, AC nobody, VIPorter, National Exec, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Glad you were able to take advantage. Thought it was just an error on my browser.

Not as helpful to me - too many high-YQ airlines from YOW. Not much UA avail when I need to go.

But in true Buy Now, Think Later FT fashion....if i am to cancel, the surcharges/taxes are refundable too, correct?
Old Dec 2, 2011, 3:39 pm

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by headhunter

But in true Buy Now, Think Later FT fashion....if i am to cancel, the surcharges/taxes are refundable too, correct?
Correct. $90 cancel fee per ticket.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 3:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, US dividend
Just booked my first mini-rtw yyz-iad-nrt(stop)-zrh-fco(stop)-muc-yul-yyz 75000 miles 650$ in tax, thank you OP.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 3:58 pm

Doesn't matter if IT's gone home already AP will be working on fixing this ASAP. This could potentially be expensive for them.

BTW Thanks OP!!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by killuminati
Doesn't matter if IT's gone home already AP will be working on fixing this ASAP. This could potentially be expensive for them.

BTW Thanks OP!!
You can only fix what you are aware of. Revenue management certainly looks at daily reports, but if they're out til Monday you end up with Expedia's nightmare from last year.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:03 pm

Some routes are shown as normal amount of miles. Some, like NA-Europe2 show 75k across the board for Y, J, F, but if you try to choose F, it changes to 105k. Mini-RTWs are 75k in Y and J and 125k in F. It is clearly an error, and not a surprise sale. I would say if you book on the website, then the booking will be honored. But it you call to change it, you'll have to pay the difference in miles.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont PC, AC nobody, VIPorter, National Exec, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by rehoult
You can only fix what you are aware of. Revenue management certainly looks at daily reports, but if they're out til Monday you end up with Expedia's nightmare from last year.
Exactly. Expedia's erroneous vegas promo was up for at least 40 hours, iirc.

As always with these things....DO NOT CALL AEROPLAN!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:05 pm

Basically, most routes are one-class free upgrade. J for the price of Y, and F for the price of J.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by CrownRoyalForever
Hahah me too, it's weird to see. Flyertalk just made my effin day...

Cheers
Why do you think we go here?
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:08 pm

On a lot of routes i'm getting "the requested itin is not available"

Anyone else having this problem? I can get through to payment for direct flights, but anything with a connection it won't allow me to book.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador & Priority Club Plat, Hhonors Gold, Air Miles Gold
Unhappy

Not to be a party pooper but people are aware that it is at least a possibility that AP will not honour bookings made at these rates right? I mean I would definitely make a booking if I didn't have a mini-RTW for next year booked already, but you should at least be aware that it's possible they may come looking for the remaining miles / cancel the booking on you...
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:17 pm

Anytime I try a routing on LH it won't let me book
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by YukonYXY
Not to be a party pooper but people are aware that it is at least a possibility that AP will not honour bookings made at these rates right? I mean I would definitely make a booking if I didn't have a mini-RTW for next year booked already, but you should at least be aware that it's possible they may come looking for the remaining miles / cancel the booking on you...
True... but generally when companies do that they give a 'gift' of some sort. For instance, when Airmiles declined to give me my 5x 42" Plasma TVs for 100 miles apiece in 2005, they deposited 1,000 miles into my account as an apology. Similar stories exist on all sorts of mistakes; it is a low cost method of reducing the potential for bad press.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: AC Irrelevant, IHG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis First
Originally Posted by rehoult
True... but generally when companies do that they give a 'gift' of some sort. For instance, when Airmiles declined to give me my 5x 42" Plasma TVs for 100 miles apiece in 2005, they deposited 1,000 miles into my account as an apology. Similar stories exist on all sorts of mistakes; it is a low cost method of reducing the potential for bad press.
They better give me more than 1000 crappy miles if they're cancelling my honeymoon trip.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.