Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happens when...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2011, 12:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by killuminati
What rule is preventing me from booking YVR-ICN[STOP]-LXA (Tibet)

I've never booked a rtw world before and I'm trying to figure out how to get from YVR to LXA in F.
Two stops in the same zone I think?

Just book to ICN and buy a revenue ticket to Tibet.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 1:21 am

Programs: A3 Gold, WN CP, etc.
Is there any crazy back-door way to get these reduced christmas sale rates using other *A miles? I have no AC but tons of UA and US... I just called Air Canada and they didn't think it was possible. Just kidding no but seriously, any ideas? Thanks!
Old Dec 3, 2011, 1:21 am
Flying Blue Director

Why is it that I cannot seem to book any LX or OS long-haul flights? Every time I select a long-haul segment on either carrier (I believe LH too for that matter), I'm confronted with "Unfortunately, the itinerary you requested is not available. Please select alternative flights."

Short haul poses no issue, but trying to overseas not on AC is presenting quite an issue..
Old Dec 3, 2011, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by SanFranMcG
Is there any crazy back-door way to get these reduced christmas sale rates using other *A miles? I have no AC but tons of UA and US... I just called Air Canada and they didn't think it was possible. Just kidding no but seriously, any ideas? Thanks!
Nope, members redeem from their own carrier/program
Old Dec 3, 2011, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by tyberius
Two stops in the same zone I think?

Just book to ICN and buy a revenue ticket to Tibet.
Should not be a problem. Perhaps some carriers are rejecting a leg
Old Dec 3, 2011, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by benjybl
Why is it that I cannot seem to book any LX or OS long-haul flights? Every time I select a long-haul segment on either carrier (I believe LH too for that matter), I'm confronted with "Unfortunately, the itinerary you requested is not available. Please select alternative flights."

Short haul poses no issue, but trying to overseas not on AC is presenting quite an issue..
I had no problems with OS or LX try another day or just search that routing only. I think it's just an IT glitch or the operating carrier rejected that leg
Old Dec 3, 2011, 1:36 am
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
I had no problems with OS or LX try another day or just search that routing only. I think it's just an IT glitch or the operating carrier rejected that leg
I've tried so many dates, as well as direct routings (i.e. YUL-ZRH rt as opposed to YYZ-YUL-ZRH-VIE(stop)-BCN(stop)-...-YYZ which I'm trying to get). Neither works. This is really strange...

The only valid routing it's giving me is YYZ-WAW-VIE(stop)-BCN(stop)-EWR-YYZ. Ugh.

Last edited by Ben Lipsey; Dec 3, 2011 at 1:49 am
Old Dec 3, 2011, 2:22 am

I've tried so many dates, as well as direct routings (i.e. YUL-ZRH rt as opposed to YYZ-YUL-ZRH-VIE(stop)-BCN(stop)-...-YYZ which I'm trying to get). Neither works. This is really strange...

The only valid routing it's giving me is YYZ-WAW-VIE(stop)-BCN(stop)-EWR-YYZ. Ugh.
have u tried isolating a segment to see if its just the segment/date that is causing the error.... reason why i am saying this I had the same issue with HND-LAX on NH, but had no problems with NRT-LAX on NH (and a newer product too) or another date
Old Dec 3, 2011, 2:30 am
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
have u tried isolating a segment to see if its just the segment/date that is causing the error.... reason why i am saying this I had the same issue with HND-LAX on NH, but had no problems with NRT-LAX on NH (and a newer product too) or another date
Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately the problematic segment is the YUL-ZRH segment (or even the ZRH-YUL segment on the way back)...can't book it alone or on another date.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 3:15 am

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately the problematic segment is the YUL-ZRH segment (or even the ZRH-YUL segment on the way back)...can't book it alone or on another date.
If u can isolate it, then u can find alternatives. I believe LX also does EWR and BoS
Old Dec 3, 2011, 7:25 am

Programs: AP E
I've just completed a (horribly underutilized) booking. Two things I've noticed: (1) they didn't immediately send an email confirmation even though there is a web confirmation; (2) the required points were not deducted from my account.

I suspect it will be rejected eventually. Or perhaps I just need to wait a tad longer.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
2 business tickets booked online for next summer

YYZ-FCO(stop)-IST-BKK(destination)-IST-YYZ

CO and TK - 150,000 for 2 tickets $144.26 taxes each

no issues booking, instant email confirmation

Steal ^
Old Dec 3, 2011, 7:47 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Stussi613
You gotta wonder what people are thinking when they post stuff like that. Just because you can read FT doesn't mean you should put it on your blog and ruin it for everyone else.
Well - I like the blog, and to be fair he did post it late(r)...
Old Dec 3, 2011, 8:08 am

Programs: Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by puzzling
I suspect it will be rejected eventually. Or perhaps I just need to wait a tad longer.
I am not sure it will be rejected. I just booked a flight through their contact center and without prompting during the finalization process she said "normally first class would be 125,000 miles but currently we are having a promotion where it is only 90,000."

"Oh that is a pleasant surprise."
Old Dec 3, 2011, 8:20 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Still not worth redeeming with fuel surcharges - found an itinerary I liked YYC-NRT-FRA-YYC. 1500 CAD + in surcharges for two people - I could buy 90K US miles for that...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.