Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada VIP Service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE, Lifetime Bonvoy PP, Hilton D, National EE, Avis First
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
hmm did someone leaked that template out???? wow!
someone or something
Old Sep 26, 2011, 5:29 pm

Programs: AC SE, *wood Plat
VIP solved

VIP is a designation they provide corporate accounts for their senior executives who dont fly enough to get status. Its the equivalent of SE. Nothing special. Unless of course you arent SE
Old Sep 26, 2011, 9:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by whereandwhen
VIP is a designation they provide corporate accounts for their senior executives who dont fly enough to get status. Its the equivalent of SE. Nothing special. Unless of course you arent SE
Welcome to FT!

This is an excellent status then.. How would the exectives of corporate accounts go and apply?

I imagine that there would need to be a minimum spend?
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Reminds me of a boss who had VIP printed after his name on his personal cheques...
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Stranger
Reminds me of a boss who had VIP printed after his name on his personal cheques...
Great idea..

Printing that on checks..

I wonder how its cashed since the id doesn't match the name.. I imagine it
probably causes some trouble at the clearance level..
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Great idea..

Printing that on checks..

I wonder how its cashed since the id doesn't match the name.. I imagine it
probably causes some trouble at the clearance level..
I haven't met a bank yet that cares what's written anywhere except the 'amount' line. Wrong name, fake name, no signature, fake signature. As long as it goes in an ATM, the chance of it being verified is next to nil. Classic example of cost outweighing benefit.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whereandwhen
Welcome to FT!

Can you cite your sources for this information? There is some data published on this thread that contradicts your statement "Its the equivalent of SE".
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rehoult
I haven't met a bank yet that cares what's written anywhere except the 'amount' line. Wrong name, fake name, no signature, fake signature. As long as it goes in an ATM, the chance of it being verified is next to nil. Classic example of cost outweighing benefit.
I noticed a few cheques deposited in the wrong account being cashed sometimes..

I'm surprised that they don't check.. I think they spot it once in awhile, as I have received a few follow up phone calls regarding the amount, and to double check, that it wasn't fraud..
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

I'm surprised that they don't check.. I think they spot it once in awhile, as I have received a few follow up phone calls regarding the amount, and to double check, that it wasn't fraud..
Keep it On Topic please AM.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NAJetSet
Keep it On Topic please AM.
I was responding to a post.. Perhaps you need to address OP and others?
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:28 pm

The cost associated with reviewing each cheque (even an automated solution) far outweighs the cost of eating the cash on the occasion forged personal cheque. For major corporations the banking contracts are structured in such a way that most of the liability for bad cheques is placed on the client, so the bank still doesn't care (though they offer fraud prevention services to such accounts, for a fee).

And back OT...

OMG you won't believe what I just heard! VIP is amazing!

That is all.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rehoult
The cost associated with reviewing each cheque (even an automated solution) far outweighs the cost of eating the cash on the occasion forged personal cheque. For major corporations the banking contracts are structured in such a way that most of the liability for bad cheques is placed on the client, so the bank still doesn't care (though they offer fraud prevention services to such accounts, for a fee).

And back OT...

OMG you won't believe what I just heard! VIP is amazing!

That is all.
Do share!!!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite for life; Fairmont Platinum; Delta Platinum Plus
JusT spoke to someone who is VIP. It is new to him this year. He fits the model of senior exec who would not qualify for SE. However, he was told it was better than SE...
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:36 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by MQS007
JusT spoke to someone who is VIP. It is new to him this year. He fits the model of senior exec who would not qualify for SE. However, he was told it was better than SE...
Of course it's better than SE. SE doesn't come with Avis President's Club membership etc.

But I don't think they would trump SEs on upgrades or meal order priority. Even MMers don't trump SEs on upgrades, AFAIK, although this may change in the future.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jarusoba
Of course it's better than SE. SE doesn't come with Avis President's Club membership etc.

But I don't think they would trump SEs on upgrades or meal order priority. Even MMers don't trump SEs on upgrades, AFAIK, although this may change in the future.
AFAIK 3MMers would at least match the service as lifetime SEs..

What is the priority for upgrades? SEs or VIPs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.