Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada VIP Service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2011, 8:01 am

Programs: AC*SE
Air Canada VIP Service

Interesting that Air Canada VIP is listed last as a *G AC status in the Star Alliance Employee Reference Guide 2011 (http://www.starallianceemployees.com...GUIDE_2011.pdf) - page 14:

"
The following levels are Star Alliance Gold Card holders. Please refer to frequent flyer programmes of Star Alliance member carriers for more details
Air Canada AC Air Canada Super Elite, Air Canada Elite, Air Canada VIP
"

Compare that to Lufthansa which lists *G cards as follows: HON Circle, Senator.

By the sounds of it, it should top Super Elite so VIP should be listed first. I know, I might be splitting hairs here. But consider the consistency of how everything else is listed in the guide...
Old Sep 12, 2011, 1:27 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Interesting observation Aeromoo
Old Sep 12, 2011, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
possibly, but at the end of the day, it's a seat on an aluminium tube going from A to B on an above-average airline, no more, no less.
"above average airline"? sorry, I thought you were referring to AC! You must be using someone else's metal.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mtensioners
"above average airline"? sorry, I thought you were referring to AC! You must be using someone else's metal.
LOL! good one..

ime AC has a niche in the market.. until all of these enhancements happening this year.. It will be hard pressed for AC to remain an above average airline.. since they don't promote themselves as an LCC..
Old Sep 12, 2011, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE, Lifetime Bonvoy PP, Hilton D, National EE, Avis First
Originally Posted by aeromoo
Interesting that Air Canada VIP is listed last as a *G AC status in the Star Alliance Employee Reference Guide 2011 (http://www.starallianceemployees.com...GUIDE_2011.pdf) - page 14:

"
The following levels are Star Alliance Gold Card holders. Please refer to frequent flyer programmes of Star Alliance member carriers for more details
Air Canada AC Air Canada Super Elite, Air Canada Elite, Air Canada VIP
"

Compare that to Lufthansa which lists *G cards as follows: HON Circle, Senator.

By the sounds of it, it should top Super Elite so VIP should be listed first. I know, I might be splitting hairs here. But consider the consistency of how everything else is listed in the guide...
response from the Manager, VIP Services
"... The Air Canada Super Elite program remain the priority in terms of recognition. ..."
Old Sep 13, 2011, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by NAJetSet
response from the Manager, VIP Services
"... The Air Canada Super Elite program remain the priority in terms of recognition. ..."
Bingo. He also made clear that they don't consider it part of the status program. It is designed to provide benefits to a different sub-set of the population than their FF program.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE, Lifetime Bonvoy PP, Hilton D, National EE, Avis First
well well well, now the juicy stuff starts to come out...

see this pdf of an email sent to 'lucky' recipients of the secretive black VIP card:
http://bit.ly/pbmJX9

seems like the only worthwhile benefit would be the REAL luggage tags, and AVIS presidents...

Last edited by NAJetSet; Sep 21, 2011 at 8:29 am
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold

see this pdf of an email sent to 'lucky' recipients of the secretive black VIP card:
http://bit.ly/pyTRI9

seems like the only worthwhile benefit would be the REAL luggage tags, and AVIS presidents...
I guess the 15K bonus points for Aeroplus Gold is ok..

On my aeroplat, I got complimentary Hertz Gold #1 status.. similar to what they are offering for the Gold/Avis..
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:45 am

Programs: MPC Green, AC Tangerine :)
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I guess the 15K bonus points for Aeroplus Gold is ok..

On my aeroplat, I got complimentary Hertz Gold #1 status.. similar to what they are offering for the Gold/Avis..
what does this have to do with the price of fish?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum

http://bit.ly/pVjqbP

I find the wording "VIP service with Elite status" interesting. So is there a "VIP service with Super Elite status"? I hadn´t heard of different VIP status levels before.

The benefits listed in the doc don´t look too exciting (basically E status + concierge service). Someone posted earlier that VIPs get unlimited upgrades on all routes on a space-available basis on the day of departure. If that´s true VIP status would be great, but I don´t see any reference to that benefit in the doc, so I guess it´s more like a myth.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 6:59 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
I guess AC VIP means an E or SE status could be offered to some people (VIPs) who don't fly often enough BIS to obtain status.

So I think VIP E would be just like E and VIP SE would be just like SE, except the BIS miles requirements.

Edit to add: plus there are extra perks like concierge service or Avis status thrown in, at AC's discretion.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by wwtsang
what does this have to do with the price of fish?
Huh.. I was commenting on NAJetSets reference to President's Club Avis..

Why would I be commenting on the price of fish?
Old Sep 22, 2011, 5:22 pm

Programs: Maker's Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
similar to what they are offering for the Gold/Avis..
Yeeeaaahhhh no, not quite. Used to have Hertz #1 Club Gold and Avis Presidential at the same time. Avis is hands-down better, not just for corporate rentals (no upgrade or guaranteed availability for Gold) but especially where it counts for those occasional leisure rentals: Avis Presidential gets much better discounts (I've had as much as 50% off Hertz for a similar vehicle in Europe).

Moved up to Hertz Five Star (not my choice, Hertz is corporate renter in N/A) and I still prefer Avis Presidential, although I do give Hertz the edge fleet-wise in the US.

Now perhaps if I made it up to Hertz President's Circle, we might have a battle.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 8:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bluegrinch
Yeeeaaahhhh no, not quite. Used to have Hertz #1 Club Gold and Avis Presidential at the same time. Avis is hands-down better, not just for corporate rentals (no upgrade or guaranteed availability for Gold) but especially where it counts for those occasional leisure rentals: Avis Presidential gets much better discounts (I've had as much as 50% off Hertz for a similar vehicle in Europe).

Moved up to Hertz Five Star (not my choice, Hertz is corporate renter in N/A) and I still prefer Avis Presidential, although I do give Hertz the edge fleet-wise in the US.

Now perhaps if I made it up to Hertz President's Circle, we might have a battle.
From what I can see of the Hertz Gold #1 offering by Aeroplat.. not much to chew on in terms of its program I agree.. I signed up, but that doesn't mean I'm going to use the membership..

Good to hear Avis Presidential is worth it.. will have to look into it..
Old Sep 22, 2011, 8:42 pm

hmm did someone leaked that template out???? wow!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.