Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2020, 6:26 pm

thank you very much
Old Apr 15, 2020, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by shayaanl
Called Aeroplan yesterday to try making a booking again, this time Bangalore as the POT. She first came back to me and said this type of booking is not possible since November, but I told her that she should have two systems available to use, so she checked with her colleague, and her colleague gave her the green light, so I was able to book the following!

YYZ-ATL-IST-BEY-CAI-JED-BOM-COK-BLR

BLR-MAA-SIN-ICN-NRT

HND-ORD-YYZ

150k miles + $330 in taxes per person in J
Were you able to feed her the legs one by one?

What time of year are you traveling, roughly, and are you using Air India? I can't, at the moment, find any flights for AI at all.

Thanks.

Looks like an interesting trip.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by kalderlake
Were you able to feed her the legs one by one?

What time of year are you traveling, roughly, and are you using Air India? I can't, at the moment, find any flights for AI at all.

Thanks.

Looks like an interesting trip.
Travelling in late August. While Air India flights are not available on the Aeroplan search engine, you can look for AI flights on United, and give the Aeroplan agents the flight information and they are able to see the availability and book it. Yep I gave the flights segment by segment.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by shayaanl
Travelling in late August. While Air India flights are not available on the Aeroplan search engine, you can look for AI flights on United, and give the Aeroplan agents the flight information and they are able to see the availability and book it. Yep I gave the flights segment by segment.
Thanks very much for the response.

I was hoping, on both counts, that that would be the case.

cheers

kl
Old Apr 17, 2020, 8:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm currently at a stopover point on a minirtw booked before the rule change. So destination and first stopover were already flown. I just called and had them add a second stopover. No issue.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 2:21 pm

Is there a tutorial or FAQ for mini rtw somewhere I have booked EWR-SIN in November and would like to see what I could do since I got a month to spare
Old Apr 26, 2020, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Joroy70
Is there a tutorial or FAQ for mini rtw somewhere I have booked EWR-SIN in November and would like to see what I could do since I got a month to spare
https://princeoftravel.com/blog/aero...complete-guide
24left and Joroy70 like this.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by pentiumvi
I suggest you HUCA
Originally Posted by JJonahJ
MPM for YYC-BWN is roughly 12631 miles. Your itinerary’s inbound (10,879 miles) is larger than your outbound but both are well under this MPM value. You’ll be fine.Not sure why Aeroplan.com isn’t showing you the stringed-together segments. This is going force you to get their help to make the booking, and the $30+tax phone-in booking fee. I’ve read of very few instances where they would waive it for you but you could try asking anyways. It does happen once in a while but I wouldn’t expect them to waive the phone-in booking fee.It kind of burns to pay the phone-in booking fee for these one-stopover itineraries when you feel you can almost do it in your own, online for free. But, that’s just how the cookie crumbles in Aeroplan.com-Land sometimes.Good luck. Looks like a great trip. Hopefully we will all be back to flying/travelling by this Fall (late summer?).
Today, I cancelled my original RT:

YYC-YVR-TPE-SGN
SGN-ICN-LAX-YYC

Immediately after, I called in to AP. Told the agent about this BWN-SIN segment that's not showing up on my side. He said he was able to see it: BWN-SIN in J but SIN-SGN in Y, both flights on same day. I told him about two SIN-SGN in J that occurs on the next day which is < 24h. He said yes, of course it's possible. I asked about waiving booking fee and he did.

YYC-YVR-TPE-SIN-BWN (AC, BR, BR, SQ)
BWN-SIN (SQ)
SIN-SGN (SQ)
SGN-TPE-YVR-YYC (BR, BR, AC)

All in J for $142 all in. Overall the flights and segments are exactly what I wanted.

Hopefully this Covid-19 stuff blows over before Oct.

Last edited by seks; Apr 28, 2020 at 10:32 pm
Old Apr 29, 2020, 10:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite 35K
Hopefully this Covid-19 stuff blows over before July, did a new booking today in J, $399 tax in., plus $30 booking fee.

Old Apr 29, 2020, 11:18 am

Programs: IC SpAmb, SPG/Marr Plat, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Quick question with the new Aeroplan redemption rules that were implemented in September 2019, if I have an open-jaw at my destination/point-of-turnaround, then I cannot have any stop-overs >24 hours in both directions? If this is true, then there is no point in booking a roundtrip and I should just book 2 separate one-ways?
Old Apr 29, 2020, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by terencelai
Hopefully this Covid-19 stuff blows over before July, did a new booking today in J, $399 tax in., plus $30 booking fee.
That's an interesting outbound... I hope the 1 day layovers in KIX/OKA/FUK were intentional.
Admiral Ackbar and asovse1 like this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by silverferrari
Quick question with the new Aeroplan redemption rules that were implemented in September 2019, if I have an open-jaw at my destination/point-of-turnaround, then I cannot have any stop-overs >24 hours in both directions? If this is true, then there is no point in booking a roundtrip and I should just book 2 separate one-ways?
That's correct.

One benefit of a roundtrip versus 2 one ways would be if you needed to cancel. You'll pay 2x cancellation fee if booked as 2 one ways.
silverferrari likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 5:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite 35K
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
That's an interesting outbound... I hope the 1 day layovers in KIX/OKA/FUK were intentional.
Yes, your guess is correct, there is no way this combination of flights will populate in any award search engines, reason being is, I have to wait for the day that NH has 3 business seats departing from Haneda to go to Sydney, and still within the mpm allowed. Interesting thing is Aeroplan agent allow me to stay in Osaka for a full day 24 hours, and Singapore for 24 hours and 5 minutes in additional to Sydney as the POT and Taipei as a stop over, I guess there is a bit of leeway nowadays for connections^^

Last edited by terencelai; Apr 29, 2020 at 5:12 pm
Old Apr 30, 2020, 2:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
I have a reward booking currently has all segments on UA. Now I see Air Canada has released seats on one of the segments I’m flying, and I’d prefer to fly AC since it’s a much better departure time for us, and I can check 2 bags for free (vs. on united I can only check 1 for free).

The problem is I cannot cancel— the other two segments might disappear since right now I can’t seem to find the same UA flight availability on the remaining two segments.

On the aeroplan website I can only cancel, not modify flight segments anymore.

Obviously I won’t call now. But is there any way to do this besides calling Aeroplan later this year?
Old Apr 30, 2020, 4:07 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by terencelai
Yes, your guess is correct, there is no way this combination of flights will populate in any award search engines, reason being is, I have to wait for the day that NH has 3 business seats departing from Haneda to go to Sydney, and still within the mpm allowed. Interesting thing is Aeroplan agent allow me to stay in Osaka for a full day 24 hours, and Singapore for 24 hours and 5 minutes in additional to Sydney as the POT and Taipei as a stop over, I guess there is a bit of leeway nowadays for connections^^
Keep us posted, I just reluctantly cancelled a trip to Japan this summer, personal trip so did not want to risk having to be quarantined 14 days on a 21 day trip. Everyone's risk tolerance is different and we are kind of flying blind right now. Wish you good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.