Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2020, 4:36 pm

Programs: SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive
I had a great mini RTW booked that was supposed to leave May 6 due to Covid we cancelled and are looking to do it next May instead, I am trying to do a trip within a trip and when I played around with BKK- HKT-MLE-BKK using dates from Oct on, I kept getting an invalid routing error, do any of you know why? Would this be bookable if I called in?
thanks in advance
Old May 16, 2020, 5:57 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Just wondering if anyone is planing on AP reward travel end June or July? I've got a mini RTW 3 stopper in J but very unlikely to happen. Figure I'll just hang on for now then cancel when the date is closer. Was just curious if others are actually planning on traveling? Thanks
Old May 16, 2020, 5:59 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadianhockey91
Just wondering if anyone is planing on AP reward travel end June or July? I've got a mini RTW 3 stopper in J but very unlikely to happen. Figure I'll just hang on for now then cancel when the date is closer. Was just curious if others are actually planning on traveling? Thanks
I'm booked to go to the UK in late June on Aeroplan. I'm still holding out hope that we'll be able to do our trip, but recognize that it's increasingly unlikely.
Old May 17, 2020, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Amazingly my rtw to JNB, DPS and KRK that involves travel on SA, SQ, TK, LH, LO and AC remains intact for early July travel flying.
There is zero chance that all these flights will operate. Sadly we wont get to fly our last pre-devaluation minirtw.
Old May 17, 2020, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
I have an RTW scheduled for early August but every day that passes I realize the chances are smaller and smaller that any/most of the countries we were planning to visit will a) be open at all and b) be open without mandatory quarantine.
Old May 17, 2020, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Amazingly my rtw to JNB, DPS and KRK that involves travel on SA, SQ, TK, LH, LO and AC remains intact for early July travel flying.
There is zero chance that all these flights will operate. Sadly we wont get to fly our last pre-devaluation minirtw.
Same here, my July 4-20th mRTW on TG/OZ/TK/LOT to Japan, London UK, Budapest remain intact

I'm just waiting for Aeroplan to extend free cancel into 7/31, then maybe cancel as I don't think I can postpone it or re-book for much later (since I booked this mRTW in Aug 2019)
Old May 17, 2020, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Same here, my July 4-20th mRTW on TG/OZ/TK/LOT to Japan, London UK, Budapest remain intact

I'm just waiting for Aeroplan to extend free cancel into 7/31, then maybe cancel as I don't think I can postpone it or re-book for much later (since I booked this mRTW in Aug 2019)
You have until June 30 to cancel ANY itinerary - even for travel after June 30. You might be misunderstanding the policy here?
Old May 17, 2020, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
You have until June 30 to cancel ANY itinerary - even for travel after June 30. You might be misunderstanding the policy here?
Oh really? HA HA, then yes I understood it wrong. Thanks so much

but now I need to find official policy somewhere ... LOL
320K (4 ppl in Y) and problem also with my now-closed-by-AMEX card I used, ~$1100 for 4 refund has to go somewhere

I'll call AP sometime then
Old May 17, 2020, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Oh really? HA HA, then yes I understood it wrong. Thanks so much

but now I need to find official policy somewhere ... LOL
320K (4 ppl in Y) and problem also with my now-closed-by-AMEX card I used, ~$1100 for 4 refund has to go somewhere

I'll call AP sometime then
It's right here: https://www.aeroplan.com/covid-19.do#/

"If you'd like to cancel any Flight Reward, the fastest way to do so is at aeroplan.com. Due to high call volumes, we are experiencing long hold times at our contact centres. Until June 30, you can cancel free of charge and receive all of your Aeroplan Miles back in your account, plus a full refund of any associated taxes, fees and surcharges on the unused value of your travel."

note ANY flight!
Old May 26, 2020, 9:43 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
My June mRTW just bit the dust too...

Anybody else booking a nerfed one-stop trip in 2021 with their "newfound riches"? Feels like low risk due to the free cancellations until June 30 (COVID).
Old May 26, 2020, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by milesforhire
My June mRTW just bit the dust too...
Anybody else booking a nerfed one-stop trip in 2021 with their "newfound riches"? Feels like low risk due to the free cancellations until June 30 (COVID).
Newfound riches indeed. I'd rather not have my riches locked up in Aeroplan because of the upcoming devaluations, but hoping those will be delayed and some advance notice will be given to book at today's rates

I havent cancelled mine yet (JNB/DPS/KRK) - amazingly all 11 flights are still operating 6 weeks from today ....
Old May 29, 2020, 11:12 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Newfound riches indeed. I'd rather not have my riches locked up in Aeroplan because of the upcoming devaluations, but hoping those will be delayed and some advance notice will be given to book at today's rates

I havent cancelled mine yet (JNB/DPS/KRK) - amazingly all 11 flights are still operating 6 weeks from today ....
Good luck! My JNB flights were never delayed because of SAA going under (I don't think they're doing much rescheduling, just hanging on as long as possible?) but the rest had either been cancelled or moved and the itinerary wasn't even logical anymore haha.

Anyway, I also hope that they announce any changes in advance like they usually do! But these are also unprecedented times and they're undoubtedly hurting. So I might just try to protect myself from the risk by using the points and making prospective plans now.
Old May 29, 2020, 1:38 pm

Just planning for future trips, what is the best way to reach AKL from YYZ in J in terms of availability for 2 people. We have the flexibility of either setting AKL as POT or another destination as long as it lets us reach AKL. Thanks for the help!
Old May 29, 2020, 1:51 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by TJ1010F
Just planning for future trips, what is the best way to reach AKL from YYZ in J in terms of availability for 2 people. We have the flexibility of either setting AKL as POT or another destination as long as it lets us reach AKL. Thanks for the help!
Look for UA availability out of SFO or AC out of YVR though that one is only seasonal.
Old May 29, 2020, 2:40 pm

Programs: AC SE, *Gold, Bonvoy Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), National Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by TJ1010F

I booked these routings this week for travel in March into April 2021

2pax in J: ORD-TPE-SIN-AKL(dest-open jaw) WLG-MEL-SIN-TPE-ORD

1pax in J except for the TPAC legs which are in ANA F. YYZ-SFO-HND-SIN-AKL(dest)-SIN-HND(stop)-LAX-YYZ.
cennis likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.