Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2022, 6:51 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Today a much better experience than the last few flights.

Proper welcome drink, served on a tray with the three choices (juice, sparkling wine, water). Pre ordered the beef with caper sauce which I liked quite a lot. It’s basic (and don’t expect medium-rare cooked steak) but it’s hearty and imho very tasty. It also comes with some greens (spinach or some form of wild greens). The appetizer was good as well this time. Fresh and tasty.

Tried the Mantinia white wine and thought it was very good. Slightly acidic and paired really well with the appetizer.

Dessert is small, but tasty. Pistachio baklava.

Current wines: https://upload.xandrios.net/16570252...140232984.jpeg
Old Jul 5, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
This is a report from an exotic route from a catering point of view. It is the Mykonos-Paris CDG (A3 462) at 19:25. This was on 30 June 2022 and in Business

This route as well as Corfu-Paris is operated by a Heraklion crew and the plane as well as the crew stay overnight in Paris and the rotation for a day would look like this CDG-CFU-CDG-JMK-CDG. So it was pretty sure that the catering would be different and it was.

So we boarded. We got the pre takeoff drink which was only water or juice. No menus were handed over. We asked for a prosecco and there was none available on the aircraft. After departure, the service was very slow. This may be because we had 5 rows in Business which were completely full. Service started when we were over Tirana.There was no drink service before the meal.

The FA comes and they say chicken or fish? We asked them to be more specific but they didn't know which is a bit underwhelming. They had to show us the 2 options and remove the wrap and we went for the fish. The chicken was a bland grilled chicken with some vegetables and no sauce. The Fish looked like it was cooked in a curcuma sauce and it was actually very and a bit spicy which I love. We asked the crew whether the catering was provided from Paris and they said yes. And it showed. We had great French cheeses, a nice chocolate dessert (that you can find in Air France). The bread and butter were also French.

As for the wine, there were only 2 types: red and white and they were served from a big bottle which I didn't mind but we had to ask for refills. They were also French and good.

So the service was a bit sketchy. They should have asked the caterer to provide menus even in a different format. And I find the cabin crews to be hit and miss with Aegean. Some would be chatty and proactive and some would just hide behind the curtains.

Old Jul 5, 2022, 8:44 am

If you don't get the crackers, then you know it's a different caterer ​​​​​​. Xandrios I also forgot to mention, that there was a pre-departure drinks service on my flight 10 days ago and with all 3 choices too! I was just so thirsty, that I opted for water and I ended up having about 10 glasses of water during the flight, so I (naturally) totally forgot about that pre-departure "sip" I had ​​​​​​. I told the FA's that I actually thought it was more practical, when they were serving those 330ml water bottles during the prime of the pandemic. I mean with wine and other drinks I get it, but I don't think it's such a service highlight when you serve water in baby-sized glasses and you therefore have to re-fill (even worse, most of the time they completely replaced the glass!) about a dozen times ​​​​​​.
gioannis13 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Xandrios
I'm not sure about economy. Reports upthread seem to indicate that some form of catering exists again, but no pictures have been posted yet.

Pre-order special meals (vegetarian, etc) on the website. Specific meal choices also through the website but not available to every booking/flight.
Departure drinks is a bit hit and miss. When served, usually they have a few choices (water, OJ, sparkling wine).
During the meal you can get plenty of refils. I'm sure that if you ask for more after the meal they'll also happily top up. The glasses are not that small actually, also considering that they are typically filled up pretty much to the max.
Just flew Paris to Greece. The glasses are indeed very small unlike what was mentioned above. I guess it depends what you’re used to since many airlines use much larger glasses. They’re the same tiny thimble wine glasses other European airlines use and barely hold four sips of water or half a mini split of wine. Luckily, as mentioned, FAs are friendly and always in the cabin to offer refills. Meal all served at once. No paper table cloth and no printed menu tho.
Still, it’s a great product.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 6:11 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver

ATH-LHR
Xandrios likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 6:54 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by PM2011
Today again just box with sandwich (DUS-HER). Maybe it depends on the route.

GVA - ATH on July 9: also only a sandwich in economy, a bit disappointing.
And the inflight Wifi didn't connect at all...
Old Jul 13, 2022, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ermis177

ATH-LHR
Not sure I fancy that hopefully it tasted better then it looks .
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Not sure I fancy that hopefully it tasted better then it looks .
I assume you are talking about the main? I found it very tasty but i agree with you it does not look good. The combination of green peas, carrots and chicken reminded me some kind of Arakas without the olive oil.
DELLAS likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 4:27 am

CTA-ATH Y selection between beef/veggie. Wine is back though even in economy.
Attached Images   
SK, DELLAS, Xandrios and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 10:22 am

Today Athens to Düsseldorf. The choices were exactly the ones I was being presented with the whole time when visiting / managing "my booking" (I didn't pre-selected anything this time in hope of getting something different from the on-board menu, remember last time 2 out of 3 pre-selection choices weren't available on board and a different option was available, which wasn't offered to pre-selected). Anyway, between the pancakes I enjoyed (but also got somewhat stuffed on) last year and the more "salty" choice (muffin, scrambled eggs w/ greens), I thought I'd take a chance (having already had a small snack in the lounge) and go for the salty menu.

Breakfast menu

Wine menu, had the Kourites last time, but this time... it was simply too early to drink!

"bar service"

They seem to have opted for the whole wheat bread for breakfast, plus there's an extremely cute (and less tasty) tiny croissant to go with it!

Meh....
Well the "main" was lacking taste in almost every way possible (and as for the scrambled eggs well... there was a hint of them present somewhere among all those greens). I more or less emptied the entire salt and pepper that were included on that to make it taste like.... Well... Salt and pepper (which is a good taste anyway &#129315. It got better when I started taking some bites of the cheese in between 😜.
Still, marmelade was included (tried it on the bread and croissant) so not that much was missing from the other main option.
The rest was basically "business as usual" (&#128521, I ended up eating everything but the kiwi slice.
Got a cappuccino later on (already taken dozens of pics of that on previous flights so I thought I'd skip those this time) and they even made a whole mug of Greek coffee when my mother asked for a cup! Nice! Got to try it out next time! I also got a little something from shop on board, but that's not edible 😂.
Anyway, on a side note (since I skipped taking pictures during that part too) I had a feeling that Aegean's lounge had a wider choice of snacks today (which included and were not limited to tortillas with hummus, black and orange (corn?) bread sandwiches, cakes, cheese pies (tyropita), mpougatsa, brioche sandwiches, freshly pressed orange (great!) and pomegranate juice (yikes! I love the fruit, but the juice was a failure, with huge chunks of something that looked like berries inside!) and more... They also switched from the little water bottles to 1,5 liter bottles! I guess they must have thought this would prevent people from stuffing their bags with the water bottles for the rest of their journey, I don't know, it seemed to have zero impact on "over-usage". Also got a cappuccino for myself and a hot chocolate for the wifey in the lounge.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 5:30 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by giorginho
Today Athens to Düsseldorf. The choices were exactly the ones I was being presented with the whole time when visiting / managing "my booking" (I didn't pre-selected anything this time in hope of getting something different from the on-board menu, remember last time 2 out of 3 pre-selection choices weren't available on board and a different option was available, which wasn't offered to pre-selected). Anyway, between the pancakes I enjoyed (but also got somewhat stuffed on) last year and the more "salty" choice (muffin, scrambled eggs w/ greens), I thought I'd take a chance (having already had a small snack in the lounge) and go for the salty menu.

Breakfast menu

Wine menu, had the Kourites last time, but this time... it was simply too early to drink!

"bar service"

They seem to have opted for the whole wheat bread for breakfast, plus there's an extremely cute (and less tasty) tiny croissant to go with it!

Meh....
Well the "main" was lacking taste in almost every way possible (and as for the scrambled eggs well... there was a hint of them present somewhere among all those greens). I more or less emptied the entire salt and pepper that were included on that to make it taste like.... Well... Salt and pepper (which is a good taste anyway &#129315. It got better when I started taking some bites of the cheese in between 😜.
Still, marmelade was included (tried it on the bread and croissant) so not that much was missing from the other main option.
The rest was basically "business as usual" (&#128521, I ended up eating everything but the kiwi slice.
Got a cappuccino later on (already taken dozens of pics of that on previous flights so I thought I'd skip those this time) and they even made a whole mug of Greek coffee when my mother asked for a cup! Nice! Got to try it out next time! I also got a little something from shop on board, but that's not edible 😂.
Anyway, on a side note (since I skipped taking pictures during that part too) I had a feeling that Aegean's lounge had a wider choice of snacks today (which included and were not limited to tortillas with hummus, black and orange (corn?) bread sandwiches, cakes, cheese pies (tyropita), mpougatsa, brioche sandwiches, freshly pressed orange (great!) and pomegranate juice (yikes! I love the fruit, but the juice was a failure, with huge chunks of something that looked like berries inside!) and more... They also switched from the little water bottles to 1,5 liter bottles! I guess they must have thought this would prevent people from stuffing their bags with the water bottles for the rest of their journey, I don't know, it seemed to have zero impact on "over-usage". Also got a cappuccino for myself and a hot chocolate for the wifey in the lounge.
The breakfast offering is the weakest point of Aegean as mentioned by someone else in this thread. It is time they reviewed the mains and offered better options.
yurtripper likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Breakfast has always been my least favourite on A3 and many airlines maybe except for LX and sometimes SQ TK.
BA6948 and yurtripper like this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Breakfast has always been my least favourite on A3 and many airlines maybe except for LX and sometimes SQ TK.
I had a grim breakfast on LX last week CPH-ZRH, a 'square' of omelette and a bread bun!
Old Aug 4, 2022, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by BA6948
It is time they reviewed the mains and offered better options.
I fully agree with this comment. I would still point out though, that to me, as a Greek, grown up in Greece, the combination of bread+butter+jam is already "breakfast enough", the yoghurt+honey is pretty much a full pre-lunch snack and the fruit+cheese are an added bonus. The only thing missing would be a cup of fresh milk. Aegean seems to try to offer some sort of "warm meal"-like main, which is going beyond what one would have for breakfast in Greece, basically trying to turn that into a full meal (indeed after I ate what I mentioned I ate out of that tray I was completely full!!), but after they ditched the crépes (not that this was representative of greek breakfast, but I'm just naming the last "main" breakfast offered that got some positive reactions) I think they've been missing both Greeks and foreigners with the (breakfast) mains. Still, I'd rather have the "sides" included here (which look more like what catering in economy class used to be) than just have one hit-or-miss warm main dish and nothing else. I don't get why they would ditch the omelette, which was a pretty "standard" meal to have and offer some pretty "risky" stuff.
I'd also like to mention that over the course of my last couple of flights I consistently got asked (via app notifications and e-mails) to fill out customer satisfaction surveys immediately after the flight, it's just that those surveys only have to do with the crew's performance, no more the "long" surveys that involved ground experience, catering etc. (where btw this time Aegean would have scored very poorly). I'm quite baffled by the fact that they seem to be on a mission to evaluate their cabin crew members, but not much else.
BA6948 and Harper50505 like this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Harper50505
I had a grim breakfast on LX last week CPH-ZRH, a 'square' of omelette and a bread bun!
Im usually on the longer European sectors so it has usually been a better meal but notice the shorter ones are not as generous. The biggest let down was LH where it looked like the contents of a vacuum cleaner bag tipped onto a plate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.