Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2016, 10:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The rate display issue is something I have seen and figured out to an extent

The advertised rate is available for at least one of the nights, but not necessarily available for all the nights

e.g. for Auckland Novotel at the airport

Search for 20-25 Nov and it shows NZD233 as a headline price in list of hotels
Go to make an actual booking and the lowest rate shoeing is Members Bed & Breakfast Rate at $314.10 average for the 5 nights

Looking at the 1st night , for example, and the rate is NZD278.10

In the 5 nights, not one of them is NZD233

Doing a single night booking for 20-21 Nov and it still lists NZD233 in the hotel list
Going to make an actual booking and in this case the "MEMBERS ADVANCE SAVER" rate is available at NZD233.10

The "Members Bed & Breakfast Rate" is showing as a rate available at NZD278.10 for that night

My experience of this situation has always been of this nature. The rate is available on part of the stay , but not based on the total stay desired. Can get the rate by playing with the system and booking multiple nights at different rate types.

It is annoying as a headling price , but does serve a useful purpose to alert that malking multiple bookings may be a good way to book the stay

Where the same rate type is available the whole stay period, the headline price (ime) seems to tend to be correct
Old Nov 5, 2016, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Here an extreme case:

Then the rooms list. The only room available for that period is:

Even AUD449 less 10% is far from AUD276:

WOW ! That's indeed a good one
Old Nov 5, 2016, 1:44 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
There really is no way of explaining these discrepancies away other than labelling them for what they are: blatantly misleading advertising
Old Nov 5, 2016, 9:35 pm

I thought I had given a decent explanation

I just checked that hotel for 4-7 December and it showed a headline price of $276

Going into book it , it shows

Standard Room 1 Queen bed
Average price/night 276.30
Total 828.90 AUD

with nightly prices of
179.10 200.70 449.10

Looking at the output from the links provided, it looks that , at the time of making the booking, the only room that was available for all 3 nights was a Two Bedroom Suite 2 Queen beds and so the rate offered was based on teh 2 bedroom suite

I expect that on at least one of the 3 nights, if booked on its own, a standard room was available , but not for the entire stay

I don't think that the method of quoting is good at all, but it seems to be something that can be explained
Old Nov 5, 2016, 11:09 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
If a price mythology needs to be explained, and goes against all other methods of quoting, I don't think it is guest friendly.

I have found similar cases and sometimes do book nights individually when I use my Stay Plus voucher.
There, the voucher is often applied on the cheapest night. But it is often available too for the most expensive night. So I pick and chose to my preference.

Bottom line though. It's not right.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 2:56 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
How do you guys still get the old hotel selection screen with small photos and price calendar?
Old Nov 6, 2016, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by JTCz
How do you guys still get the old hotel selection screen with small photos and price calendar?

Accor Plus membership does it for me
Old Nov 6, 2016, 3:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
This could be the only reason in the world to get one, but it seems extortionate to demand it for a pretty basic functionality...
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: ALL
Hi, you can just add a kid to your search request. This seems to do the trick.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:39 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by martin_paris
Hi, you can just add a kid to your search request. This seems to do the trick.
Nice spot! Adding a 1 year old kid doesn't change the price, but shows the old selection screen. ^
Old Nov 10, 2016, 12:36 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I thought I had given a decent explanation

I just checked that hotel for 4-7 December and it showed a headline price of $276

Going into book it , it shows

Standard Room 1 Queen bed
Average price/night 276.30
Total 828.90 AUD

with nightly prices of
179.10 200.70 449.10

Looking at the output from the links provided, it looks that , at the time of making the booking, the only room that was available for all 3 nights was a Two Bedroom Suite 2 Queen beds and so the rate offered was based on teh 2 bedroom suite

I expect that on at least one of the 3 nights, if booked on its own, a standard room was available , but not for the entire stay

I don't think that the method of quoting is good at all, but it seems to be something that can be explained
I think it is only part of the explanantion, because I have got rates problem even when I am searching for 1 room for 1 night (Euros in Europe : so no currency problem) : the advertised rate is not the final rate
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:14 pm

My favourite challenge at the moment is searching for 3 Adults or 4 Adults ... i.e. beyond the 2 standard passengers. Rates in search results do not include the Extra passenger rates. Very frustrating!
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:41 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Here an extreme case:

Then the rooms list. The only room available for that period is:

Even AUD449 less 10% is far from AUD276:

I have a similar issue. but for my case, the earlier rate shown exclusive tax and the later rate is inclusive the tax.

don't understand why a can't they make it consistent. it took me sometimes to figure out why I can get the lowest rate.

The other thing I hate about the website, it cannot retain to whatevee currency that i preselected. . Also cannot retain the filter. . If i out only accor hotel and change the search, it will again display all hotels.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:47 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I also hate the new ui. Luckily Accor plus still retain the old ui.

I kind of suspect they are running two severs and this may explain why those bookings didn't show up. May be sync issue.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Another issue: I was trying to book a room with points for a family member, and just saw that an ibis Style hotel is not accepting the loyalty program card... I guess this is a bug.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.