Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Accor, CX, BA
Since 2-3 years ago, users from Hong Kong started being redirected to China website for hotel booking. However, user with Accor Plus membership could stay in the international version for hotel booking.

Starting from last week, I have always been redirected to the China website for hotel booking even I have logined. Only regular price are shown on China website.

This is a big problem because I can only get the member only price and redeem free night from international website. (Also cash back).

There is no way for me to make a booking via desktop. (Fortunately the mobile app is still working ...so far)

It is really sad to see Accor does not even care their paid members ...

Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:31 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kcl0203
Since 2-3 years ago, users from Hong Kong started being redirected to China website for hotel booking. However, user with Accor Plus membership could stay in the international version for hotel booking.

Starting from last week, I have always been redirected to the China website for hotel booking even I have logined. Only regular price are shown on China website.

This is a big problem because I can only get the member only price and redeem free night from international website. (Also cash back).

There is no way for me to make a booking via desktop. (Fortunately the mobile app is still working ...so far)

It is really sad to see Accor does not even care their paid members ...

Try booking through the Accor+ website.

https://www.accorplus.com/en/other/sign-in
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:27 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hi kcl0203,

The IT team have been informed of the problem and are looking into it!

Kind regards,
Amy
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Places not working

A few weeks ago, I tried to log a stay in Places when I was staying at an Accor hotel. It just sat at the "loading" page. Contacted customer support.
In fact, our teams are currently carrying out a maintenance operation and we are doing all we can to make sure our systems are back up and running as quickly as possible. This situation should be resolved as soon as possible.
Amazing. No attempt to do anything useful, such as enter the stay for me. Instead, users have to remember to keep going back to the site until it eventually works. (I use the term loosely. Having to click my "zoom out" about 8 times to be able to see some fields whole on the screen is ridiculous. Don't they ever test *any* of their web pages?)
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:10 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Privates sales or not ?
Hôtel La Citadelle Metz MGallery by Sofitel 13th to 15th june :
Weekly private sales rate : 231 €
Prepaid rate : 220 €

Old May 3, 2017, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
Hi kcl0203,

The IT team have been informed of the problem and are looking into it!

Kind regards,
Amy
Thank you Amy.

I could confirmed this issue has been fixed.

Another bug found in Accor website.

The price listed on hotel search result page, which indicated as the total price for whole stay, actually is the price per 1 night.
Attached Images   
Old May 3, 2017, 9:03 pm

Also inconsistent data between mobile and full version website.

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-...te/index.shtml
Novotel Hong Kong Citygate - No Accor member benefit according to the mobile
Attached Images   
Old May 4, 2017, 12:23 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
I tried searching for Phuket, Thailand. Takes ages to load, of course, but part of that is waiting for the properties that aren't in Phuket at all.

Displaying the map is really annoying, as it includes Manathai Khao Lak (70 miles north) and ibis Styles Krabi Ao Nang (112 miles, by road) away. Once you hit the zoom in button about 5 times you actually get to see the area you asked for!

There are other sites (e.g. IHG) where I can complete the whole booking process faster than just getting a map of the area I'm after on this awful site.
Old May 7, 2017, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Some good stuff today

1st picture below : booking an hotel in France. At the end of the booking process, there is a field where you can write a note to the hotel. The screen says "if you want to communicate with the hotel, please write your message in English". I am French, based in France and book an hotel in France, so why would I have to write in English

Misleading prices for bookings in NYC
2nd & 3rd pictures : Sofitel NY, book from €698,41, but next screen the lowest price is €801,43
4th & 5th pictures : Novotel NY, book from €620,52, but next screen the lowest price is €712,05

some weird things (6 & 7 th pictures):
for Sofitel NY : one of the rate proposed is "Canada 150 credit offer". No idea what this is. And if you click on details, in the section "benefits included in the rate : you cannot cumulate this offer with another promotion and you cannot convert the credit in cash". So I understand between the lines that you get a credit of CAD150 to spend at the hotel for F&B for instance, but why on earth would I have a credit in CAD in a US hotel and as a French person booking on the French website . And something else pretty weird at the bottom of the details screen, section "credit card fees". With such a title, you expect something like a supplement if you pay by CC. But no, it's telling you that the hotel is entirely non-smoking and if you smoke, they will charge you 300 Australian dollars for cleaning

hmmmm
Attached Images        
Old May 7, 2017, 2:53 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Some good stuff today

1st picture below : booking an hotel in France. At the end of the booking process, there is a field where you can write a note to the hotel. The screen says "if you want to communicate with the hotel, please write your message in English". I am French, based in France and book an hotel in France, so why would I have to write in English

Misleading prices for bookings in NYC
2nd & 3rd pictures : Sofitel NY, book from €698,41, but next screen the lowest price is €801,43
4th & 5th pictures : Novotel NY, book from €620,52, but next screen the lowest price is €712,05

some weird things (6 & 7 th pictures):
for Sofitel NY : one of the rate proposed is "Canada 150 credit offer". No idea what this is. And if you click on details, in the section "benefits included in the rate : you cannot cumulate this offer with another promotion and you cannot convert the credit in cash". So I understand between the lines that you get a credit of CAD150 to spend at the hotel for F&B for instance, but why on earth would I have a credit in CAD in a US hotel and as a French person booking on the French website . And something else pretty weird at the bottom of the details screen, section "credit card fees". With such a title, you expect something like a supplement if you pay by CC. But no, it's telling you that the hotel is entirely non-smoking and if you smoke, they will charge you 300 Australian dollars for cleaning

hmmmm
All fun for us world traveller! It's a game!
Old May 7, 2017, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
All fun for us world traveller! It's a game!
indeed. At Sofitel NY you can pre-pay in EUR, have a credit in CAD to spend at the hotel, have a smoke and pay a cleaning fee in AUD and, if you find a couple of USD in your pocket, you may eventually spend them at our hotel
Old May 8, 2017, 11:59 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Privlige club Silver
Flexible dates

Earlier the website would show an"Availability Calendar" in essence showing the best rate per night for your hotel, however with that website update that feature seems to have gone

Any idea how to search if your flexible with your stay dates as it is tedious to punch in each and every date rather than have a Calendar view
Old May 9, 2017, 3:33 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
You can get around this by searching for a room with a child (for example one adult and one child), you will get the old format where you can see "find the best rate", from here you can change the number of guests to remove the child from the booking and the old format will remain
Old May 9, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Privlige club Silver
Thank you so much Ikaz, appreciate it
Old May 9, 2017, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Some other additional inconsistencies or misleading information for Sofitel NY :
rate "stay longer and save" : cancellation with condition. This is a wording used for several flexible/semi-flex rates (usually cancellable 3 days before arrival), but when you look at details, it's non-cancellable at all.
Obviously, the NY Accor hotels management do not read what they have on their website
Attached Images   

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.