Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boost Your Points Offer

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2016, 12:18 pm

(sigh) Opened this one up with a new attempt to get my points. More details to follow, but basically their response was "tell us the name of our promo, and send us the hotel's bill for your three stays."

They need me to remind them of their promos?

And the stays recorded normally in my record, with the points from amounts spent (minus some redeemed points).

(sign) Back into the swamp of helping a hotel chain do its job...
Old Apr 21, 2016, 12:25 pm

Oh, and the one from back in December -- hope it's not too late.

The final 5000 they denied because the booking was "made after 920".

My confirmation email came on 9/20, and I cancelled other reservations with preferred hotels to meet their promo requirements.

I've read that others have had the problem with the computer in Paris or wherever recording it as 9/21, but both I and the hotel were still in 9/20. I can send them the screenshot of the confirmation email if they'll give me an email address, not just the "missing points" rigamarole on the website.

Sheesh! Do they think we deliberately try to cheat them by booking a promo a day too late? I'm totally aware of their T&Cs, just not their gotchas.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 10:10 pm

I'm in an Ibis now, which is making me think about stuffing my irritation and taking the plunge into sending them the "documentation" (which is right there in my stay record) which their rep is demanding to validate my points for this.

"Boost" Your Points, or is that more like the New York meaning, as in someone "boosting" your car? As in, "where are my points?" Maybe I'll have them around for my stay a few weeks from now? Dream on. Or maybe I'll just cancel and move on? (No, they're too nice here -- points come second.)

Or maybe I'll just go downstairs and have my complimentary welcome drink. And a small bottle of Merlot.

Tomorrow for the nasty stuff...
Old Apr 27, 2016, 3:05 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear SEAfarer,

I’m sorry for the frustration over this ongoing matter. Customer services are the only people who can help you with this issue and they will need the correct documentation to do so. It would be best if you could send the requested documents to them as soon as possible so that they can look into this matter and award you the correct points.

Please do let me know how this goes and if there’s anything else I can do to help.

I hope you enjoy your stay at ibis!

Best,

Amy
Old Apr 27, 2016, 8:44 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SEAfarer
[...] the "documentation" (which is right there in my stay record) which their rep is demanding [...]
Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
Customer services [...] will need the correct documentation [...]. It would be best if you could send the requested documents to them as soon as possible so that they can look into this matter
This exchange will seem horribly familiar to many of us. This is not a 'dig' at AccorHotels Concierge or any of the other Accor employees and agents who individually try to assist us. It is a sign of how far Accor's systems are from being streamlined, joined up or whatever the phrase is these days. If details of a stay are visible in a member's online profile, why does Accor ask her/him to scan and mail invoice copies?
Old Apr 28, 2016, 1:08 pm

they will need the correct documentation to do so. It would be best if you could send the requested documents to them as soon as possible so that they can look into this matter and award you the correct points.
Amy
Of course, and that's what I will end up doing. It's just hard while I'm traveling, but that's WHY I save all the paperwork at checkout. Because I know I'm more than likely to need it again.

Amy, did you ever weigh in on the issue of a promo booking date missing the deadline according to the computer in Paris, but being still valid in the W. Hemisphere? Is this just a case of keep sending it in, until someone in CS admits the process is flawed and grants the case?
Old May 30, 2016, 2:10 pm

Dear SEAfarer,

I’m sorry for the frustration over this ongoing matter. Customer services are the only people who can help you with this issue and they will need the correct documentation to do so. It would be best if you could send the requested documents to them as soon as possible so that they can look into this matter and award you the correct points.

Please do let me know how this goes and if there’s anything else I can do to help.

Best,

Amy
Amy, I have forwarded via email both the original Boost Your Points offer email and the acceptance of my registration, AND a screenshot of my points record from the 3 stays required (I did 4.)

No response.

Apparently, they are only programmed to respond to the online entry form, which asks for some attachments if available, and so I suppose I will have to print these documents, scan them, and then attach them as pdfs.

All of which I can do, but why am I so pessimistic that it will amount to anything?

At least I am back home on my computer which does not get totally blocked by the pop-ups that come from that "missing points" webpage. We'll see.

I suppose I'll just have to do the same thing with the winter offer that ignored my Dec. 6 stay for the 3rd qualifying two-day stay in that promotion.

Pourquoi je pense qu'il doit y avoir une barrière linguistique , quelque part dans tout ce gâchis?
Old May 30, 2016, 8:58 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Dear SEAfarer,

Best,

Amy
Amy,

Just to give my feedback. Accor Customer Service in my opinion is the worst to deal with. They are very slow to response and if they response the response normally does nto address the issue.

I really hope this can be improved.
Old May 30, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
My first boost point was posted into the account today. Looking forward for the second one next week.

I need to book the 3rd stay by today.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 6:05 pm

These idiots are starting ("starting"?) to piss me off. (Sorry for the English, but ze Freanch non comprennent rien!)

"We regret to inform you that your reservation last Feb 1 to 4 2016 at the hotel ibis xxxxx was not eligible to the offer “Receive up to €60 in points”.
According to the terms and conditions of this offer, Need to register to the offer before making the reservation."

This is after I sent the screenshot of my registration email acknowledgment from them, and after previously forwarding that email to them. And there were three previous stays, also qualifying for that offer. (Only needed 3 of the 4.) No mention by them, though I detailed all four.

Now, I dive back in to the saved data (after regaining a modicum of patience for it) to make my case, and also begin to decide just how much I want these dealings to ripple outward across that great WORLDWIDE WEB.

I only participate further with Accor after all this because I like the hotel and the people who work there. But to make an offer, and then force us to crawl for these benefits is not worthy of an international hotel chain.

"Les grandes personnes ne comprennent jamais rien toutes seules, et c'est fatigant, pour les enfants, de toujours et toujours leur donner des explications.

"Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them. "
Old Sep 13, 2016, 2:21 pm

Wow, I did get worked up over this one. But I see now explicitly in the current promo that bookings with points do not qualify. Was this in the earlier "Boost" promo? Someone mentioned keeping a pdf of the T&Cs.

I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but if they don't follow their own rules, after we bend our travels to accommodate them...
Old Sep 13, 2016, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by SEAfarer
Wow, I did get worked up over this one. But I see now explicitly in the current promo that bookings with points do not qualify. Was this in the earlier "Boost" promo?
For the last one (which ended end august), yes it was the case. For the 2 similar promos done before, no it wasn't the case.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
For the last one (which ended end august), yes it was the case. For the 2 similar promos done before, no it wasn't the case.
Thanks, yes, then my Jan-Feb stays should count. Like others, I got the first 500; at least that proves to them I registered. Or should prove. The stay points are there in my account. Then they ask me to send them the bills from the hotels to prove -- what? I registered. I stayed. They denied, delayed, and deceived.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 6:01 am

Programs: All Diamond
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Once again extending the parameters !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.