Wiki Posts
Search

Boost Your Points Offer

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: LCAH Gold
Boost Your Points Offer

On January 12, I received an e-mail from Accor about a "Boost Your Points" (also known as "Come Back More, Earn More") offer.

Until March 30, I was supposed to receive 500 Bonus Points for the 1st stay, 1,000 Bonus Points for the 2nd stay and 2,000 Bonus Points for the 3rd stay.

I stayed 4 times in Accor Hotels proprieties since January 15, but only the first 500 Bonus Points were credited. Customer service is unable to reply as I was told to wait until the usual points of my stay were credited. I had no issue with the credit of usual points related to my stays, which are on my account.

Does anyone encounter the same difficulty with this offer ?
Thanks all for your replies.

Cheers
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:43 am

Programs: FB Lifetime Plat
I got the similar offer back in November 2015 (= receive 500 Points for the 1st stay, 1000 pts for the 2nd and 2000pts for the 3rd stay for stays before Feb 10, 2016) .
I, too, received the first 500 pts without problem, but nothing for the 2nd & the 3rd stays.
I contacted the Customer service (via their web-contact form) in December and here is the reply I received:

"Dear XXXX,

We regret to inform you that your reservations at the hotel Pullman XXXX and Mercure Hotel XXXX were not eligible to the offer “Come Back More Often and Earn More”.

According to the terms and conditions of this offer, this offer cannot be combined with other offers and advantages.

As per checking your account, both of your stays were credited for other bonus points.

Looking forward to welcome you soon in one of our hotels, thank you for your loyalty in the AccorHotels Group.
"

.....Hmm, I double-checked the T&C for this offer (I've kept it in PDF just in case), but there is no mention that this offer cannot be combined with other offers/advantages.

In addition, my 1st & 3rd stays (at the same hotel) were booked exactly under the same rate type ("Mercure Ready for Business +150 pts"), so I wonder why only the 1st got credited....

However, in the T&C, it also says
"10. This offer is subject to conditions and availabilities. Sales conditions of reserved public rate specific to each hotel apply."
Maybe that's it....

Since then, I made two more stays before Feb 10 (booked the Flexible rate to see if it is eligible), but, as expected, only the regular points have posted.

Now I need to contact them again. Will see what they'll say.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Hi orion,

Thanks for your reply, I clearly don't understand why only the first stay was credited to both of us, but not the following stays.

I also contacted once again the support yesterday, let's keep in touch if one of us receive more information on this offer.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 3:18 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear, orion2000 & Buaires,

Could you both please send me your membership details via private message and any information you have about the offer / your reservations.

The team will look into this and see what is going on.

Best regards,

Amy
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Hi Amy,

All details sent via PM.

Thanks for your help.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:55 pm

Hi Amy,

I sent you a private message with all the details.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
Dear, orion2000 & Buaires,

Could you both please send me your membership details via private message and any information you have about the offer / your reservations.

The team will look into this and see what is going on.

Best regards,

Amy
Hi Amy,

Still no news from the Customer Service .. Anything you can do ?

Thanks !
Old Feb 21, 2016, 5:39 am

I haven't heard anything back, either...
Old Feb 22, 2016, 6:06 pm

Same here. And now there are two promos they're shortchanging me on, and want me to "vote" for them? I have screenshots, confirming emails, etc. Until reading this, I could not find in myself the patience to submit all the data again, but I guess now it is time.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 3:43 am
Original Poster

I had a reply a few days ago which denied me 3,000 Bonus Points. I was told that 2 bookings were done before I joined the offer. However, there was no mention that I had 2 other stays, booked after I joined the offer, which were not counted as qualifying for this offer ...

Once again, I need to contact the Customer Service with all invoices and documents to earn these Bonus Points ...
Old Feb 25, 2016, 12:00 pm

Thanks for the updated info, Buaires.
It is frustrating to have to explain the same thing again and again.
At least you received an answer (although not in your favor).
I hope they can get it straightened out so that you receive your points shortly.

In my case, noone has answered me since I sent a PM to AccorHotels Concierge.
Maybe I should contact the Customer Service again (via their website) ...
Old Feb 25, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / OWE
Ohh dear! I do understand your frustration.
Every single time I have been forced to contact Accor customer care it has been more or less painful. Never ever have they solved an single issue after first email.
Like orion2000 luckily did, it is highly advisable to save T&C - you'll never know when you need it, when you're dealing with Accor
Old Feb 26, 2016, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orion2000
Thanks for the updated info, Buaires.
It is frustrating to have to explain the same thing again and again.
At least you received an answer (although not in your favor).
I hope they can get it straightened out so that you receive your points shortly.

In my case, noone has answered me since I sent a PM to AccorHotels Concierge.
Maybe I should contact the Customer Service again (via their website) ...
I have another 4-day stay early March, hopefully I will get the Bonus Points on this stay ... I'll keep you updated.

And actually, I received two replies denying me the Bonus Points. I guess the first one was a reply from the e-mail I directly sent to Customer Service (through their website), and I guess the second one was a reply thanks to the PM I sent to Amy.

Keep us updated if you ended by having a reply on your e-mail(s) ...
Old Feb 27, 2016, 9:45 am

Accorhotels should understand that offering promos and then denying the points, making us fight for what we have trusted them to deliver from our bookings, is costing them business.

I had four stays booked during the promo, needing only three to meet its qualifications. I knew I had the documentation to eventually prove my case. But I canceled the fourth booking, and switched back to my preferred chain.

Just when we were getting started on this new relationship...
Old Mar 17, 2016, 4:15 pm

I finally received the missing bonus points (1000 + 2000 = 3000) !!

March 5:
Because Amy did not answered to my PM (I waited one month),
I emailed to Accor Customer Service with the screenshot which shows that I've been registered for this offer, T&C, and my account details.
At the same time, I also sent a message using their web-contact-form (but could not send all the attachments for some reason) to make sure they get my message.

March 13:
Because there was no response, I sent a Private Message to Le Club Accorhotels (Facebook)

March 15:
Le Club Accorhotels (Facebook) sent me a reply that they had sent an urgent reminder to the concerned service.

March 17:
I received an email from an Accor Hotels Guest Relations Coordinator saying that my stays were indeed eligible and that they credited my bonus points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.