Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2015 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
This thread is for brief reports on stays by Le Club members at Accor group hotels. For fuller reviews, please search the forum to see whether the hotel already has its own thread. (If if it hasn't, you might consider starting one.)

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

chistery's post 166 (here) includes the headings with the tags for bold text. Some members will find it easier to cut and paste from there.

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:-
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2015 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:53 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fredandgingermad
we were there for my hen weekend
CONGRATS! ^
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:50 am

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Budapest Centrum

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Very!

Booked standard room - received Executive room with lounge access and also complimentary mini bar in room.

- How are the rooms?
I travelled with a child - I had a double bed - he had a double sofa bed. The TV was huge - 60 inches? - overall - room was great.

Good: TV, All the other perks such as free mini bar, robe and slippers, Nespresso machine, superior shower etc.etc.
Bad: None that I can think of.

I've never had access to any sort of "lounge" before - so I don't know how to compare - but it had a fridge with drinks - it had food laid on during the day - sandwiches, muffins, choc bars, nuts. It also had Nespresso coffee on the go. It was just a smallish area on a balcony overlooking the main foyer/reception area (slightly away from the reception desk though).

Given voucher for two drinks and was mentioned in my check in greeting ("We would like to invite you for a drink in our bar during your stay" were the exact words - very pleasant and professional)
- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Absolutely - some people's review of this hotel are less than overly complimentary regarding the part of the city it is located - but I found it to be more than good. There is also a Nemzeti and Mercure hotel within 100 yards (and an Ibis about 300 yards away) - it should be called Accor Square rather than the name it possesses!!
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:59 am

Name of the hotel: Novotel Budapest Danube

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Generally Yes.

Booked standard room - that's what I got! Asked for a "River View" in my online check in - and did get that - I also asked for an upgrade - but alas - no.

- How are the rooms?
I travelled with a child - two single beds - fantastic view of the Hungarian Parliament Building - but compared to the Exec room I had stayed in the previous night (different Novotel in same city) the facilities were noticably different - much smaller TV, no Nespresso, no robe, no free mini bar, no lounge access.

Good: The River View

Bad: Disappointed not to get the upgrade I expected from being Platinum - but to be fair, there was no availability showing when I checked online. However, nothing was mentioned specifically at check in - just here's your room key!

No!!

Given voucher for two drinks - it was tucked in with the keys - no mention of it at check in though.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Well here's the thing - I booked this room in one of their Super Sales - I paid a price which I was happy with at the time - although I did "expect" to get upgraded. On arrival, despite the fact there was no online availability they did have a board showing the room rates - and the rate for a standard room was about 4 times the price I paid for my room (albeit 3 months in advance on a non-refundable rate in the Super Sale) - if it had not been for my recent Platinum membership and "expectation" of a room upgrade, I would have been perfectly happy with what I got for what I paid!
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:58 pm

MGallery Hotel Muse Bangkok Luangsan

- Name of the hotel: MGallery Hotel Muse Bangkok Luangsan

- What is your Le Club status? Gold during time of stay, now Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes, most definitely

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Duplex, upgraded to Nimman Suite. Club La Boutique access granted due to room type booked.

- How are the rooms? Excellent, I love the style and decor of this hotel.

Good: THE BED!!!! Most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept on. Excellent buffet breakfast, lovely dining at Medici Italian...all Accor Plus dining benefits offered. Shanghai Tang bath amenities excellent, location of this hotel is very good.

Bad: Nothing really, I could not fault this stay.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? New Club La Boutique lounge from 430pm to 630pm serving basic drinks and small selection of snacks. We gained access due to room type booked, but hotel advised access granted to Le Club Accor Platinum Elite as well. Lounge is very small and cosy, it may get very busy during peak times.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Excellent offering, welcome drink voucher used for cocktails at top floor Speakeasy Bar.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Paid THB 4500 per night (tax inclusive) for Duplex Suite (76sqm room) during Accor 50% off sale. Excellent value for money.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by barafear799
Name of the hotel: Novotel Budapest Danube

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Generally Yes.

Booked standard room - that's what I got! Asked for a "River View" in my online check in - and did get that - I also asked for an upgrade - but alas - no.

- How are the rooms?
I travelled with a child - two single beds - fantastic view of the Hungarian Parliament Building - but compared to the Exec room I had stayed in the previous night (different Novotel in same city) the facilities were noticably different - much smaller TV, no Nespresso, no robe, no free mini bar, no lounge access.

Good: The River View

Bad: Disappointed not to get the upgrade I expected from being Platinum - but to be fair, there was no availability showing when I checked online. However, nothing was mentioned specifically at check in - just here's your room key!

No!!

Given voucher for two drinks - it was tucked in with the keys - no mention of it at check in though.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Well here's the thing - I booked this room in one of their Super Sales - I paid a price which I was happy with at the time - although I did "expect" to get upgraded. On arrival, despite the fact there was no online availability they did have a board showing the room rates - and the rate for a standard room was about 4 times the price I paid for my room (albeit 3 months in advance on a non-refundable rate in the Super Sale) - if it had not been for my recent Platinum membership and "expectation" of a room upgrade, I would have been perfectly happy with what I got for what I paid!
A word about the lounge. Note that most European Accors have no lounge, so it's possibly not about the hotel not giving you lounge access. But good to know the other Novotel in Budapest does have it, thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2015, 5:27 am

There was a sign in the lifts advertising Exec Rooms (for a surcharge of 19 Euros plus VAT) and advertising access to the lounge.

After I posted the above details on the Novotel Danube, I did a dummy search for other random dates and noticed that even the "standard room with riverview" was some 20% higher cost than a standard room without view - so maybe I did get upgraded after all!!
Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by KezzaKawasaki
-

Good: THE BED!!!! Most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept on. Excellent buffet breakfast, lovely dining at Medici Italian...all Accor Plus dining benefits offered. Shanghai Tang bath amenities excellent, location of this hotel is very good.
I totally agree with you on the bed. Better than Mybed of Sofitels my recent few Sofitels hadn't been good. I just might stay there again just for the bed and its generally nice ambiance.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 1:06 am

Programs: All Diamond
- Name of the hotel: Novotel Brighton le Sands (south sydney)

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked bog standard room, double upgrade to Bayview spa suite ^

- How are the rooms? Very big and well presented with great views over Botany Bay. Some furniture could do with refurbishing however

Good: Nice bar area ,views really nice, large swimming pool

Bad:Although free wifi connection was terrible. Cost of breakfast $35 and that was with 50% discount through Accor Advantage Plus card

N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? 2 welcome drinks as usual and also bottle of still and sparkling water and a couple of chocolates !

$264 FOR 2 nights 50 % members private sale .Cost of breakfast nearly puts off the value for money question but would certainly stay again

Last edited by sycokid; Apr 19, 2015 at 2:23 am
Old Apr 19, 2015, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Sofitel Golfe d'Ajaccio Thalassa Sea & SPa

Gold

Not exactly

Booked cheapest advance rate with breakfast (EUR 300) and was brillantly upgraded to a "Classique" room (same size, but with balcony).

- How are the rooms?
Tiny: 22sqm

North Side, which means no sun and airport noise

In an appalling state
https://twitter.com/nicolas75flyert/...43193088933888
https://twitter.com/nicolas75flyert/...39407041699840

Tiny dated bathroom. Lanvin amenities
Flat screen television with good selection of French cable channels (but poor English speaking channels: only news channels).
Bose mini chain with iPhone dock (old generation)

Good:
- Location and view
- Outdoor heated pool
- Quality of the service
- Bikes can be rented for free

Bad:
- Horrible state of the room
- Poor alternative given (basically the same room next door). GM assistant said there will be sun in the morning on the balcony, which was wrong
- Noise from airport
- Noise from marriage in the night
- Noise from housekeeping early in the morning
- Very slow and poor wifi signal in the room (even worse at the pool).
- Diet Coke at EUR6 a can in minibar

N/A

Given voucher for two drinks - it was tucked in with the keys - no mention of it at check in though (and did not use it)

Definitely not
Typical Sofitel with very poor hard product, poor upgrade policy (despite low occupancy) and indecent price considering the product.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:49 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Tom_CH
The Sebel Docklands Melbourne / Grand Mercure Docklands Melbourne
[...]
I would return!
Belated but no less sincere: thanks for the review (you were treated very well!) and welcome to FlyerTalk, Tom_CH!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by IMH
Belated but no less sincere: thanks for the review (you were treated very well!) and welcome to FlyerTalk, Tom_CH!
Thank you! ^
Old Apr 22, 2015, 4:04 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam

What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, extremely satisfied.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Superior room and received Prestige suite (that is basically three levels’ upgrade).

How are the rooms?
Great. The size was two times Superior, 55 sqm, and same design. Heavenly King-size My Bed, separated living room, Nespresso machine, large walk-in wardrobe, bathroom with walk-in shower and bathtub, plus lots of Hermes’ amenities.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
* Decent upgrade (last time as Gold didn’t receive any upgrade even if there were suites available)
* Very nice staff: kind, helpful and easygoing
* Good spa with swimming pool, dry sauna and steam room
* Late check out until 3pm
* Central location, 15 minutes walk to and from the central railway station

Bad:
* Early check in wasn’t possible but it’s understandable since the hotel was full
* Breakfast was way too overpriced (37,50 euros per person): it wasn't really bad but reminded lounge breakfast since hot items had to be ordered separately from kitchen and choices of cold items were limited. However, quality was superb.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
No lounge here.

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Arrived 11:30am and room wasn’t ready. Were told that the room should be cleaned within an hour. Were offered champagne at lounge bar while waiting. Got bored of waiting and decided to go out since the room wasn’t ready by 1pm. Front office promised to call us when they have our room but they never called.
Went back to hotel later afternoon, received keys and butler came to show our room. Bags had brought up earlier already. There were welcome letter from GM, drink vouchers for two and four macarons waiting for us in the room. Were thanked for our loyalty by the front office several times during the stay.
Rented bikes for one day but they didn’t charge it. Renting price was 17,50 euros per bike. They also had two Jaguars for their customers. Anyone could book the car, use it free of charge for a few hours and bring it back with full tank.
We were supposed to try it but had too many Mimosas at breakfast so we had to cancel our Jaguar tour.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
This is a pricy hotel but worth the money. Paid almost 700 euros for two nights without any promos. Would definitely stay there again. One of the best Sofitel we have stayed at.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: Le Club Accor Platinum, BA Executive club
Novotel Heathrow Airport

- Name of the hotel:
Novotel Heathrow Airport

Gold

Yes

Booked Superior Room and upgraded to Executive Room

- How are the rooms?
Basically a Novotel standard design. The same room as the Superior but with a Nespresso coffee machine, Bose iPod docking station which I couldn't figure out how to use, free Premium WiFi & local calls, complimentary water, bathrobe and slippers

Good:

Upgrade without even asking
Recognition of my status and welcome drink offered without prompting.
Late checkout until 5pm
Good even though small pool and well equipped Gym.
Very nice staff, easy going and helpful

Bad:
Nothing, very good stay

N/A

Welcome drink voucher for 2 for any drink.

Would absolutely return for the price paid, good nights sleep and warm friendly staff.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:59 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam

What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, mostly.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Superior room, Checked in and given superior "with canal view". Negotiated to Junior for 1st night complimentary upgrade. 2nd night could not upgrade unless we spent a discounted rate of 200 euro's extra for the Oprea room.Which we eventually took.

How are the rooms?
Good size but would expect that for the amount of money and points redeemed.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Friendly staff
Spa was nice with sauna and steam room.

Bad:
Pretty small original upgrade I think the price difference was like 20-30 euros and considering our honeymoon on top of being the plat member I think expectations were higher.
No drink vouchers but did get champagne bottle with ice in the room with a little treat plus nuts.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
No lounge

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Missed out on the welcome drinks, thought that the champagne bottle in the room was enough.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Yes, I hope when the hotel is not as busy. Expensive but worth the splurge for special occasions.
630 Euros total (230euro's on the credit card and 400 Euro's redeemed)
Plus the 200 Euro's supplement payment for the final night in the suite.
Missed the Jaguar free test drive. I could not convince my wife it was a rare opportunity to have a go. Asked hertz for the cost of rental for 1 day when I saw the same model at the airport and was told 300 Euro's per day!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:03 am

Ibis Bencoolen, Singapore

member status: gold

good:
near to Bugis MRT station, shopping centre
free bike for use
free google nexus phone with sim card to call local and selected oversea countries during the stay
good choice of breakfast for a Ibis hotel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.