Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2015 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
This thread is for brief reports on stays by Le Club members at Accor group hotels. For fuller reviews, please search the forum to see whether the hotel already has its own thread. (If if it hasn't, you might consider starting one.)

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

chistery's post 166 (here) includes the headings with the tags for bold text. Some members will find it easier to cut and paste from there.

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:-
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2015 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:31 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
- Name of the hotel:
Am Konzerhaus, M Gallery Collection, Vienna

- What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Booked Superior, upgraded to Deluxe

- How are the rooms?
Very nice, with good facilities

Good:
Room decor

Bad:
Breakfast. very crowded, with people queuing for everything, including tables.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
NA

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Welcome drink, fruit juice and bottled water in room. Also welcome letter.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Good value for money and I will stay again
Old Jun 20, 2015, 10:39 pm

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Nusa Dua Bali

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked 2 Bedroom Executive Suite with Pool, got 3 Bedroom Executive Suite with Pool

- How are the rooms? The rooms are huge! 1 Bedroom with Kingbed and massive bathroom (Tube & shower) and 2 Bedroom with Twinbed, one with big bathroom (Shower & Tube) and the other one with a bathrom only with shower. Nice Kitchenette, big Fridge with freezer and nice private Pool.

Note: all Pool Rooms are on the Ground Floor in Buildings with 4 or 5 floors. So if other guests are on their balcony, they can look into your private pool.
The 2 Bedroom Suite without Pool are in higher Levels.

Clean Rooms, nice breakfast and massive Pool Area. Also a nice private Beach Club.
No VIP Treatment (Fruit Basket) because i got room upgrade and Welcome Drinks (for all Guests in the room a very bad tamarind Mocktail at the Bar), no other Drinks for Welcome Drink Voucher.
The Prices for a private Driver (8hrs) are way to expensive. Get a Driver from outside and pay around 600'000 IDR.
I was happy with my stay and would go again.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 10:54 pm

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Legian Bali

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Booked Superior (lowest) and got Executive Suite (highest) because i stayed several times in this Hotel. Normaly you get one Room Cat. upgrade.
Superior -> Deluxe (with Balcony) -> Deluxe with Pool -> Executive Suite (not available online)

- How are the rooms?
If been in all rooms and all of them are very nice. I like the design, the very comfy bed and nice bathroom. The Superior, Deluxe & Pool Rooms have all the same size i guess. Some Deluxe have a bigger balcony, some a bit smaller.
The Executive Suite is very nice with working desk, Couch area and 2 sinks in the bathroom (only showers in all rooms!).

Massive Breakfast Buffet!! I booked the room without breakfast but got 30% Discount for it when i asked during check-in. So i payed 84'000 IDR pp whitch is a excellent value. The WiFi is the best i've ever had in Bali (15/15 Mbits).
I like the Design from the Hotel with a Pool on the ground Level and 4th Level.
Welcome Drink is a Mocktail (choice of 3) from the Pool Bar. VIP Treatment are 3 Apples & Cookies in the room at the day of Arrival. Also the Guest Relation Manager calls once a day for asking if everything is ok.

Note: the Hotel is next to a busy street and it can be noisy in the rooms. So ask for a quiet room if you are a light sleeper. All executive Suites facing the Street.
This was my fourth Stay so far and i will return again

Last edited by Tom_CH; Jun 20, 2015 at 11:07 pm
Old Jun 20, 2015, 11:01 pm

- Name of the hotel: Ibis Styles Bali Kuta Legian

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

Booked cheapest room, got Family room.

- How are the rooms?
Room has a nice size with shower & tube. Clean & bright and the bed looked comfy.
I stayed there only for several hours because of a Points Promo. But everything looked nice & clean. It's next to a busy street and it's also a bit far away from the beach. I would not stay there for Holidays. No VIP Treatment or Welcome Drink Voucher.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 10:14 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Tom_CH
I stayed there only for several hours because of a Points Promo.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Gold, easyJet Flight Club, Global Entry
- Name of the hotel: Elcot Park Mercure, UK

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? No

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard room, no upgrade

- How are the rooms? Not bad, but being a former Ramada Jarvis need a refresh

- What was good and what was bad? Nothing very good - had to ask for drink voucher and they brought me a large wine only to find out they don't take the voucher for anything other than a house small wine. Staff seemed very awkward.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 3:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes, very.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a superior room and received a junior suite.

- How are the rooms? Very spacious, good view of the Chain Bridge. Only quibble is that the couches are getting worn.

Good:

- The Club Lounge was excellent - good range of soft and alcoholic drinks, plus nibble-type food that was frequently replenished and fantastic views of Budapest.
- Staff were uniformly excellent - courteous, caring and warm.
- Breakfast buffet had something for everything taste - you would have to be a very finickity eater to not find something you could eat.
- There was a welcome gift in the room every day of the stay (chocolates and pastries and a fruit bowl plus complementary water)
- In addition to all that, we also got vouchers for a welcome drink.
Honestly of all the L'Accor hotels I've stayed in, I've never had status recognition to compare with this hotel.

Bad:
- Like I said, the only real nitpick was that the couches in the suite are getting worn but even then they were comfortable.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Excellent - see above.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Yes to all - see above.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Given what I paid, I would return to this hotel without hesitation. I'd organised this trip as a thank you present for my parents and the Sofitel completely exceeded my expectations and gave them an excellent stay. I'd have no hesitation in recommending it to others planning on vacationing in the city.

1F
Old Jul 1, 2015, 1:48 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Novotel Hong Kong Nathan Road Kowloon

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Hong Kong Nathan Road Kowloon

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? For the price, yes, although everything was fairly basic, which perhaps should be expected for a Novotel. Not sure why this hotel is rated 4 stars, seemed much more like a 3-star hotel with an executive lounge.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked superior room and think I received the same, although it might have been considered a deluxe room since it was on one of the top floors.

- How are the rooms? Very small and basic. Fine if you don't need much room or won't spend much time in the room other than sleeping.

Good: Location, just 2 blocks from subway and Temple St. night market. Decent sound-proofing and well cleaned each day.

Bad: A/C struggled to work perhaps because it was extremely hot and humid during my stay. Room was very dark even on sunny days due to shading from other buildings and facing the north side. Only instant coffee provided in rooms.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes; breakfast was basically a continental breakfast (croissants/toast, juice, coffee, cold cuts, smoked salmon, cereal, yoghurt, 3 kinds of cut fruit) with hashed browns and chicken sausage. If you wanted eggs, you could order them although no one will tell you this so you have to ask. First order: oily scrambled eggs that took 20 min. to arrive. Second order: very good over-medium fried eggs delivered in <10 min. The options were exactly the same each day and a little variety (e.g., different kind of potato, different kinds of cut fruits) would have been nice. Was explicitly told at check-in that the breakfast could only be in the lounge; eating in the hotel's restaurant would be charged accordingly.

Evening drinks offering beer/wine/cocktails with self-service. A pretty decent selection of snacks that some people (not us) made into dinner after repeated trips. Some pretty noisy families with kids were there each night but that wasn't the hotel's fault.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink coupons provided but not redeemed. No other special perks offered nor requested.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Value was very good but probably would not return just because I'd want to stay in a different area of Hong Kong for variety.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:49 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Name of the hotel:
Ibis Barcelona Centro

What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
For one short night yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Received the rooms I booked. No options.

How are the rooms?
Typical Ibis room: comfy bed, tv, and tiny shower room.

What was good?
Bed. Room was clean. Location.

What was bad?
- Platinum recognition.
- Super slow wifi. Was almost impossible to use Gmail, Facebook and FlyerTalk, for example.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
No lounge.

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Showed my Platinum card at check-in. It was ignored by the front desk. She saw it but pretended she didn't see it. She didn't touch it nor thank me for my loyalty. After I got the room keys, I was given a drink voucher good for soft drinks only. I had three rooms booked but received one voucher only.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
82€ per night. For Barcelona, it's a decent rate. I could stay again but wouldn't really want to.

Last edited by wkndtraveler; Jul 13, 2015 at 6:45 am
Old Jul 2, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold
Novotel Toronto Centre June 26-29 2015

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Toronto Centre

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Standard room, upgraded to Executive room.

- How are the rooms? Suited my needs.

Good: Room layout was great. Also, the waiter my second and third mornings was excellent; I wound up giving him a leftover bottle of Veuve Cliquot Rosé as a tip.

Bad: All rooms on executive floor appear to look out onto a parking garage and a condo building (I waved at residents once or twice), although they might have been built after the hotel was built. Also, the breakfast buffet was fairly limited compared so some breakfast buffets I've had, and the food never changed the three mornings I was there.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Mini-bottle of Henckell-Trocken and two chocolates brought to my room early evening.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I booked last minute during Toronto Pride, and even so I paid less than some people paid at comparable hotels. I will definitely come back, but I might book a no-breakfast rate if it saves a decent amount of money.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 12:30 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
- Name of the hotel: Mercure Lyon Lumiere

- What is your Le Club status? Platinium

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standart room and got privilège room (courtyard side)

- How are the rooms? Nice and modern

Good: though the hotel was full, i was given a privilege room. There were fruit, macaron and different fruit juice in the room
staff throughout the hotel were very friendly.

Bad: Nothing

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? -

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink vouchers handed over at check-in, and fruit, macaron and different fruit juice in the room

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Considering I had a "private sale" rate at 70 € it was really a great value. Would definitely return
Old Jul 3, 2015, 12:38 am
Accor Contributor Badge

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Lyon Charpennes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standart room and got huge privilege room with terrace

- How are the rooms? Huge room for the city. IMO, the colors of the furniture are a "little" garish (specially the red armchair)

Good:Nice room, terrace, but it was a bit cold at the time (january) to stay on the terrace

Bad: Nothing

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink vouchers handed over at check-in

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Considering I had a "private sale" rate at 70 € it was really a great value. Would definitely return

Last edited by nrouxel; Jul 3, 2015 at 12:49 am
Old Jul 3, 2015, 12:48 am
Accor Contributor Badge

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Lyon Centre Beaux Arts

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standart room and got that because hotel was full. But I was given a room on the upper floor with a very small terrace and a great view.

- How are the rooms? a bit old fashioned and small

Good: staff throughout the hotel were very friendly and effective.

Bad: The windows was very difficult to close and I could feel (not so airproof)

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink vouchers handed over at check-in

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Considering I had a "private sale" rate around 70 € it was really a great value. Would definitely return
Old Jul 4, 2015, 9:04 pm

Programs: QF WP
This isn't an addition to the list as such, but The Park Lane Hong Kong (Pullman) is currently undergoing some renovations. The lobby is mostly boarded up, and the lobby bar is not available. Instead of receiving a welcome drink, I was given a $50 HKD voucher for the in-room minibar. Renovations are expected to be completed in September this year.

And the lobby check out during peak hour resembles a check in queue for a LCC - only 2 counters open, and a mass of people. Plats have an alternative, but for everyone else, you're looking at at least half an hour of your day gone.

Last edited by Awesom Andy; Jul 4, 2015 at 10:49 pm
Old Jul 5, 2015, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Awesom Andy
This isn't an addition to the list as such, but The Park Lane Hong Kong (Pullman) is currently undergoing some renovations. The lobby is mostly boarded up, and the lobby bar is not available. Instead of receiving a welcome drink, I was given a $50 HKD voucher for the in-room minibar. Renovations are expected to be completed in September this year.

And the lobby check out during peak hour resembles a check in queue for a LCC - only 2 counters open, and a mass of people. Plats have an alternative, but for everyone else, you're looking at at least half an hour of your day gone.
Thank you for this information. I'm staying there soon...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.