Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2015 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
This thread is for brief reports on stays by Le Club members at Accor group hotels. For fuller reviews, please search the forum to see whether the hotel already has its own thread. (If if it hasn't, you might consider starting one.)

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

chistery's post 166 (here) includes the headings with the tags for bold text. Some members will find it easier to cut and paste from there.

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:-
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2015 master thread

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Would it help to post in the wiki the template with the bold tags to make it easier to cut and paste or have others found an easy way round this? (apart from adding bold to each line)

So, with the [noparse] tags the template looks like:

[B]- Name of the hotel:[/B]

[B]- What is your Le Club status?[/B]

[B]- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?[/B]

[B]- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?[/B]

[B]- How are the rooms?[/B]

[B]- What was good and what was bad?[/B]

Good:

Bad:

[B]- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?[/B]

[B]- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?[/B]

[B]- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?[/B]
Old May 16, 2015, 1:36 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by chistery
Would it help to post in the wiki the template with the bold tags to make it easier to cut and paste [...] ?
I for one would not object if you made that change. Back in 2013 I edited the wiki for that year's thread to include the tags, but they were moderated away again. Maybe the time is now ripe.

[Please note that I am not commenting on a moderator action, just reporting one.]
Old May 16, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Ok, done. If anyone objects they can always revert to a previous version and I'll speak of it no more.
Old May 16, 2015, 4:15 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by IMH
I for one would not object if you made that change. Back in 2013 I edited the wiki for that year's thread to include the tags, but they were moderated away again. Maybe the time is now ripe.

[Please note that I am not commenting on a moderator action, just reporting one.]
They were not moderated away. Changes to the wiki are down to members
Old May 16, 2015, 5:11 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by starflyergold
They were not moderated away.
I stand corrected: they were edited away by a moderator. The same thing appears to have happened again. As a possible compromise I've added a link to chistery's post to the wiki. Can we all live with that?
Old May 16, 2015, 11:16 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by IMH
I stand corrected: they were edited away by a moderator. The same thing appears to have happened again. As a possible compromise I've added a link to chistery's post to the wiki. Can we all live with that?
^ that works, not everyone is tech savy so this is a good proposal.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
- Name of the hotel: Novotel Wuerzburg

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? OK-ish

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard single, which is what I got.

- How are the rooms? Mine was very small. In fact, one of the smallest rooms I have ever stayed in.

Good: Location. Easy to reach from the Autobahn and within walking distance of the centre of town

Bad: The size of room. I should not have booked it expecting an upgrade. My fault entirely

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? NA

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Drink voucher and Le Club 6th anniversary cake.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Reasonable value. I would return, but would book a larger room.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
- Name of the hotel: Pullman Erfurt am Dom

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes, apart from WiFi.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Classic, which is what I got. Hotel completely sold out

- How are the rooms? Modern and spacious

Good: Stylish hotel with a four story glass-roofed atrium which contains Reception, bar and restaurant

Bad: WiFi appalling. Fortunately I had an ethernet cable

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? NA

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Drink voucher given. Strange combination of vitamin drink, cake and large bar of soap in room.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Good value. Would return if WiFi upgraded
Old May 20, 2015, 11:42 pm

- Name of the hotel: Ibis Bali Kuta

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Rooms are clean but small bathroom. Breakfast Menu is more Indonesian Kitchen

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Standard Room (only this Category available)

- How are the rooms? clean but small bathroom

Good: clean rooms

Bad: small bathroom, breakfast menu

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? n/a

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? nothing. I stayed several times at this Hotel but never received anything.

It's good if you have a early or late flight.
Old May 20, 2015, 11:46 pm

- Name of the hotel: Ibis Styles Bali Kuta Legian

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Standard got upgraded to Family Room

- How are the rooms? Family Rooms have a nice size with Shower & tube.

Good: Got upgraded without asking

Bad: Had a room next to the street which is very noisy. Ask for a room which is on the other side.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? n/a

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome Drink during Check-In (Juice). But everybody get that.

It was more for a Points Run. So i would'nt stay there for Holidays because of the Location.
Old May 25, 2015, 3:40 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Sofitel Paris Arc de Triomphe

What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Mixed feelings.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Luxury room and received Junior Suite after insisting hard.

How are the rooms?
Room was nice with modern and simple design by local studio Putman. Colors were mix of white and bluish-grey that made the room having a fresh and light ambiance. But it wasn’t particularly spacious. It felt a bit cramped.
Odd thing was the location of toilet seat: it was in a tiny room near entrance, separated from bathroom – and didn’t have even a sink where to wash hands. One had to walk through the room to get to the real bathroom where the sink was. It was disgusting, uncomfortable and impractical.
Bathroom had both tub and walk-in shower with plenty of Hermes bath amenities.
Bed was good as always in Sofitel. Small sofa and table were facing the bed. Balcony was the best part. We sat there enjoying espresso, cakes we had bought in Le Bon Marche, and views to the Eiffel tower over the roofs; we had Nespresso machine in our room.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
* Simple, stylish and unique design; this hotel actually felt more like Sofitel So than typical Sofitel.
* Lovely room (if we forget the toilet issue) in 6th floor with big balcony.
* Quiet location close to hustle and bustle of Champs-Élysées and Arc de Triomphe.

Bad:
* Check in wasn’t possible before 2pm
* Late check out was granted only until 2pm
* Breakfast was pricey (34 €), taking into account that it was continental style: if one wants to start a day with omelette, Eggs Benedict or fried eggs, for example, it all costs extra, plus I can make better cappuccino at home.
* Front desk service was below Sofitel standards; some basic requests related to Platinum benefits seemed to be too hard to fulfill.
* Any of my credit cards (one Diners Club and two Master Cards) didn’t work during the check out but outside the hotel, I didn’t have any problems with these cards. After 20 minutes of trying to swipe different cards, guest relation manager appeared from back office and told that he offers us breakfast because they have some problems with card readers. Room was prepaid.
* Spa or at least sauna would hade been nice after long walks.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
No lounge.

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Arrived 11am and asked about upgrade since they (a receptionist trainee and her supervisor) didn’t offer it automatically.
After they claimed that hotel is full, I logged into the Internet and checked Sofitel.com once again (I had done it also already before arrival). There were plenty of different rooms available: Superior and Luxury rooms, Prestige Suites, L’Appartment, and Le Duplex.
In this point, the trainee moved aside and the supervisor continued check in process. She refused to upgrade us by saying they only upgrade to the next room category. In this case it was a Junior Suite and was fully booked. Giving us the Prestige Suite would mean a triple upgrade.
Between the Junior Suite and the Prestige Suite, they have Premium Junior Suite. The Premium Junior Suite is basically same as the Junior Suite but it’s located in a corner of the hotel; some of the Junior Suites are even bigger than the Premium Junior Suites.
I told I’m unsatisfied and can’t understand why the policy has to be so strict and inflexible while the other Sofitels usually gives double and triple upgrades. It’s up to hotel whether they are willing to upgrade or not and honor their own loyalty membership program.
Soon a guest relation manager came to see us, apologized and finally upgraded us. Somehow he was able to find a Junior Suite available where he assigned us to.
Now, it was trainee’s time to continue the check in procedure. She said our room would be ready within 5 minutes and asked us to sit down. (In other Sofitels, we are always offered drinks by the house while waiting for our room to be ready but not here). After few minutes, the supervisor suddenly came to talk to us again. She said our room wouldn’t be ready before two to three hours. In the end, we got our room at 2pm.
We received one drink voucher (used it later for two champagne in a lobby bar). Also six macaroons were waiting for us in the room together with a letter from guest relations instead of GM. In the letter, we were told we will receive a satisfaction survey by email after our stay (haven’t received it).

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Roome rate was 720 €. I won’t return. Next time in Paris, I will stay at Sofitel Le Faubourg that is my favorite hotel in this lovely city.
Old May 25, 2015, 7:37 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler

Bad:
* Any of my credit cards (one Diners Club and two Master Cards) didn’t work during the check out but outside the hotel, I didn’t have any problems with these cards. After 20 minutes of trying to swipe different cards, guest relation manager appeared from back office and told that he offers us breakfast because they have some problems with card readers. Room was prepaid.

Roome rate was 720 €. I won’t return. Next time in Paris, I will stay at Sofitel Le Faubourg that is my favorite hotel in this lovely city.
Nice. I just checked my Master Card bill and noticed that hotel is charging 952 €. Receptionist said that it's just a deposit for the Junior Suite and won't be charged. Argh.
Old May 25, 2015, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond

What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Mixed feelings.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Luxury room and received Junior Suite after insisting hard.

How are the rooms?
Room was nice with modern and simple design by local studio Putman. Colors were mix of white and bluish-grey that made the room having a fresh and light ambiance. But it wasn’t particularly spacious. It felt a bit cramped.
Odd thing was the location of toilet seat: it was in a tiny room near entrance, separated from bathroom – and didn’t have even a sink where to wash hands. One had to walk through the room to get to the real bathroom where the sink was. It was disgusting, uncomfortable and impractical.
Bathroom had both tub and walk-in shower with plenty of Hermes bath amenities.
Bed was good as always in Sofitel. Small sofa and table were facing the bed. Balcony was the best part. We sat there enjoying espresso, cakes we had bought in Le Bon Marche, and views to the Eiffel tower over the roofs; we had Nespresso machine in our room.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
* Simple, stylish and unique design; this hotel actually felt more like Sofitel So than typical Sofitel.
* Lovely room (if we forget the toilet issue) in 6th floor with big balcony.
* Quiet location close to hustle and bustle of Champs-Élysées and Arc de Triomphe.

Bad:
* Check in wasn’t possible before 2pm
* Late check out was granted only until 2pm
* Breakfast was pricey (34 €), taking into account that it was continental style: if one wants to start a day with omelette, Eggs Benedict or fried eggs, for example, it all costs extra, plus I can make better cappuccino at home.
* Front desk service was below Sofitel standards; some basic requests related to Platinum benefits seemed to be too hard to fulfill.
* Spa or at least sauna would hade been nice after long walks.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
No lounge.

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Arrived 11am and asked about upgrade since they (a receptionist trainee and her supervisor) didn’t offer it automatically.
After they claimed that hotel is full, I logged into the Internet and checked Sofitel.com once again (I had done it also already before arrival). There were plenty of different rooms available: Superior and Luxury rooms, Prestige Suites, L’Appartment, and Le Duplex.
In this point, the trainee moved aside and the supervisor continued check in process. She refused to upgrade us by saying they only upgrade to the next room category. In this case it was a Junior Suite and was fully booked. Giving us the Prestige Suite would mean a triple upgrade.
Between the Junior Suite and the Prestige Suite, they have Premium Junior Suite. The Premium Junior Suite is basically same as the Junior Suite but it’s located in a corner of the hotel; some of the Junior Suites are even bigger than the Premium Junior Suites.
I told I’m unsatisfied and can’t understand why the policy has to be so strict and inflexible while the other Sofitels usually gives double and triple upgrades. It’s up to hotel whether they are willing to upgrade or not and honor their own loyalty membership program.
Soon a guest relation manager came to see us, apologized and finally upgraded us. Somehow he was able to find a Junior Suite available where he assigned us to.
Now, it was trainee’s time to continue the check in procedure. She said our room would be ready within 5 minutes and asked us to sit down. (In other Sofitels, we are always offered drinks by the house while waiting for our room to be ready but not here). After few minutes, the supervisor suddenly came to talk to us again. She said our room wouldn’t be ready before two to three hours. In the end, we got our room at 2pm.
We received one drink voucher (used it later for two champagne in a lobby bar). Also six macaroons were waiting for us in the room together with a letter from guest relations instead of GM. In the letter, we were told we will receive a satisfaction survey by email after our stay (haven’t received it).

Nice. I just checked my Master Card bill and noticed that hotel is charging 952 €. Receptionist said that it's just a deposit for the Junior Suite and won't be charged. Argh.
All this is totally unacceptable for a Sofitel and at such a price. The charge on your CC is likely a mistake from the trainee and it will be OK at the end but what a hassle to solve all this. Everybody needs a training one day, but IMO the trainees should not take care of premium guests. They should observe and learn from a senior person instead. I had this once at Sofitel Washington : the young person was very nice but she knows nothing about Le Club and I had to ask for everything (which was given promptly once asked).
If you don't receive the on-line survey, you should write to Accor.
Old May 26, 2015, 4:12 am

Programs: QR Gold / OW Sapphire, Le Club Accor Gold, Shangri La Jade
- Name of the hotel: Pullman Brussels Midi

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Very Happy

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Deluxe room, received Deluxe Suite on the 9th floor

- How are the rooms? Very good. The suite had a separate toilet; okay sized living area with large sofa + chaise lounge / convertible bed combo; ample storage area (two wardrobes); two 42" TVs and a bathroom with both shower and bath, Nespresso machine and complimentary minibar - comprised of four bottles of water, two each of coke & beer, plus one orange juice; No slippers - but these were promptly delivered when requested; two bathrobes. Great view of the city! Curved profile of the room means space is a little restricted - especially in the living area -as the sofa bed is pretty bulky.

Good: Platinum status acknowledged upon check-in - and thanked for continued loyalty. Upgrade was already processed - and this was mentioned during check-in; Late check-out granted on request till 4.30pm; Wi-fi.

Bad: Service in the restaurant (for breakfast) - staff looked disinterested and did little else apart from initially directing us to our seats. We arrived for breakfast approx 1hr before it closed, but lots of items that had finished were not replenished, even though there were a steady stream of people coming after us.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? C.O. Bigelow gift in room; Speculoos biscuits and plenty of Neuhaus chocolates, alongside letter from GM in room; No welcome drink voucher, but room had complimentary mini-bar - which was fine.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Paid £125 for B&B (private sales) - so decent value for money. Would definitely return - especially if late evening arrival (as we had) or early departure on Eurostar.
Old May 26, 2015, 4:33 am

Programs: QR Gold / OW Sapphire, Le Club Accor Gold, Shangri La Jade
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Brussels Europe

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes, definitely.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Luxury, received just that. I didn't push for an upgrade - as I had received confirmation of my room via email earlier in the day.

- How are the rooms? Very good & extremely clean. Decent size; excellent bed; plenty of Hermes toiletries; shower & bath; Bose wave sound system; fully opening floor-to-ceiling window; ample storage; mini bar with complimentary water & soft drinks; Rombouts coffee machine; We were on the third floor overlooking Place Jourdan.

- Good: Service was excellent. I sent an email the morning of our arrival - with request for baby crib and clarifying whether my Platinum details were in their system. Response received within 2hrs; breakfast spread was very good; staff throughout the hotel were very friendly and doted over our little boy; acknowledgement of Platinum status upon arrival; Wi-fi.

- Bad: Nothing really

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink vouchers handed over at check-in (exchanged for a €7 Duvel and €21 Kir Royale, but could have had any cocktail off the menu, instead of the former); welcome letter from GM in room; plenty of chocolates and some Crabtree & Evelyn gift set.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Definitely would return. Good value at the weekend and the location is very nice. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.