FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2015 master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1641649-please-post-your-le-club-elite-experiences-2015-master-thread.html)

starflyergold Dec 31, 2014 6:12 pm

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2015 master thread

As last year please post your mini review/experiences as Le Club Accorhotels silver/gold/platinum here. For full reviews please post in the existing thread or start a new one if the hotel does not show up in a search.

Kanaman Jan 3, 2015 8:11 am

Pullman Dubai and Sofitel Abu Dhabi

For both of the hotels below, I e-mailed them directly about a week in advance requesting an upgrade, a plate of uncut fruits, and early check-in in Dubai. Got both upgrades, got no uncut fruit (did get a plate of cut ones though one day at the Sofitel), and did get early check-in. Also got drink vouchers at the Sofitel.

- Name of the hotel:
Pullman Dubai Deira City Centre
- What is your Le Club status?
Platinum (earned, not matched)
- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.
- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Superior (lowest category) and got Executive (two categories up) on the Exec floor. This room 1111 was just next to the lounge, which was great.
- How are the rooms?
Modern.
- What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Almost everything! Didn't book breakfast, but thanks to the upgrade it got included. Either in the lounge or downstairs in the restaurant. What was also great was that we got to check in early, already around 09:00 and could enjoy breakfast already that day!
Bad:
The bathroom was a bit small. A separate shower in addition to (or instead of) the tub would have been great.
- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
Yes! Good breakfast and snacks. Amazingly, there were always two staff members there. One lounge attendant and one waiter. Service was always friendly and quick.
- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
This was a good deal. The only reason I might not return is that there's nothing interesting within walking distance.

- Name of the hotel:
Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche
Platinum
Yes.
Booked Luxury Room Club Sofitel. Got a suite!
- How are the rooms?
Great!

Good:
Almost everything. The lounge in particular.
Bad:
There was a hair in a piece of cake in the lounge. The cake was delicious though!
Yes. Best hotel lounge I've visited. It's spread over two floors, with proper food to eat throughout the day.
Yes please!

chistery Jan 5, 2015 5:22 am

- Name of the hotel: Sofitel New York

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Not really, mostly due to bed

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked superior, upgraded to Luxury. still seemed small.

- How are the rooms? Bit worn, scuff marks, mattress was very used. You rolled off the sides as they had lost their bounce on both sides of the bed

Good: Location

Bad: Front desk staff attitude, hotel needs a refresh

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? 2 drink vouchers and a desert selection was sent to my room soon after arriving

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Doubt I'll return, if I can't get a good nights sleep I will pick somewhere else.

kay sedia Jan 5, 2015 7:09 am

Sofitel Bangkok sukhumvit

Booked luxury club room, upgrade to lovely suite
Welcome drink vouchers provided, fruit plate in room, and chocolates at turn down. Platinum status recognized and was treated very well. Club lounge was well stocked and had nice canapés, had breakfast there and was very good but the restaurant breakfast buffet on 2nd floor was huge with anything you may want. We stayed 5 days and have booked another night on the way home.

nicolas75 Jan 5, 2015 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by chistery (Post 24103651)
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel New York

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked superior, upgraded to Luxury. still seemed small.

So called Luxury rooms are only 5sqm larger than basic rooms, and not all of them are located on high floor (read: Plat upgrade is a joke at Sofitel NYC, with very basic rooms, even if staff is friendly, breakfast very good and location central).

zehbra Jan 9, 2015 8:19 pm

Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay

- Name of the hotel:

Platinum

Yep.

Standard Room / Don't know, but looked bigger than standard room, incl. premier benefits (was already assured when asking by mail beforehand)

- How are the rooms?
Lovely spacious room/bathrooms, standard Novotel stuff

Good:
- very friendly staff
- big rooms
- good location
- nice lounge

Bad:
- Felt slightly under-informed about lounge (breakfast times etc.) but then again, i didn't specifically ask..

- Yep, was mentioned at check in. Check-in lady even asked if it's ok if i check in at the main desk, rather than going up to the lounge check in. Of course I didn't mind, it was late anyway and I wanted to sleep; still, very considerate of her to ask ^

Lounge nice, quiet, great views, ok-ish breakfast offers. Again very nice attendants in the lounge too.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
No mention of welcome drinks or anything alike. I was handed a computer written letter addressed to me at check in, welcoming me. Otherwise nothing particular (no welcome gift, no fruit/chocolates in room.. but I arrived around 10pm, maybe that's the reason).
Got English language newspaper in the morning though ^

Got it during private sale, so yeah, worth it. Needed a solid, no-fuss room for the night, got exactly that. And lovely staff.

Goldorak Jan 10, 2015 2:32 am

Originally Posted by zehbra (Post 24136192)
- Name of the hotel:

Nice hotel indeed.
Is internet now free there ? It was still not free (and it was expensive) in may 2013, one of the last resistance pouch in Accor hotels in Asia !

zehbra Jan 10, 2015 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 24137229)
Nice hotel indeed.
Is internet now free there ? It was still not free (and it was expensive) in may 2013, one of the last resistance pouch in Accor hotels in Asia !

Yeah, was free, albeit not very fast.

Edit: But I'm not sure if it's generally free or only for status pax!

gilbertaue Jan 10, 2015 7:17 am

Unless you changed your room, there is no reason why there wasn't a welcome note, welcome gift or fruit basket in the room. They normally prepare that well in advance.

zehbra Jan 10, 2015 7:35 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue (Post 24138104)
Unless you changed your room, there is no reason why there wasn't a welcome note, welcome gift or fruit basket in the room. They normally prepare that well in advance.

Well, I did get a computer written welcome note handed to me on check-in... - nothing was changed about my booking though. Maybe it didn't quite work out due to club des actionnaires Plat rather than "real" Plat... Same happened in Pullman Kuching (short review coming up tomorrow).

BotB Jan 14, 2015 10:26 pm

- Name of the hotel:
Novotel Southampton

Platinum

Yes, quite.

exec room, no upgrade but put on highest floor which was nice.

- How are the rooms?
Standard Novotel room but good condition and everything was as it should be.

Good:
- very friendly and efficient staff at check in
- received drink voucher (but had to ask)
- received high speed broadband code as plat. benefit
- loved the general design aspects of the hotel compared to other chain offerings in this city.
- excellent breakfast and friendly staff in restaurant
-Nice touches with Nespresso machine and bose sound / nice flat screen TV.
-Bedside table has a power point to charge phone!

Bad:
- high speed internet was better than standard offering but still unusable for work purposes. 3G on phone was faster!
-parking costs £ 6 / night and is generally quite full
-loo was separate room with no sink (need to go to separate bathroom to use sink)

-don't believe they have one...certainly wasn't told about one. Not a big deal for me this time though.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
-drink voucher (had to ask and for one person only, which is what I had booked)
-high speed internet (see above)
-chocolate beside bed (see photo)
-water (not sure if that is norm?)

Booked during sale so exec room that is usually over £ 120 was available for £ 62 with breakfast included so excellent value for the area. Definitely would return for this room if rates were £ 85 or less. Above that there are other choices.

gilbertaue Jan 14, 2015 10:52 pm

Txs. Yes, that's the standard Novotel bathroom amenity rack.

zehbra Jan 15, 2015 7:04 pm

Pullman Kuching

For reference only, see full report here

Name of the hotel:
Pullman Kuching

What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

Yes, mostly.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Superior, got Deluxe (after a struggle, see dedicated thread for details)

How are the rooms?
Spacious, both superior and deluxe. Normal Pullman equipment

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
- spacious rooms
- nice lounge
- bowl of fruit and cookies

Bad:
- no proper recognition at check in (unprofessional staff)
- inconsistent service (one night there was turn down service, another there wasn't)

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
yep, splendid lounge with wonderful attendants!

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Mocktail voucher for lobby bar for 2 pax, didn't use it.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Booked during private sale, extremely good value! Would definitely return, albeit with a bit more insistence at check-in to get what I deserver according to LCAH status :=)

stimpy Jan 16, 2015 6:49 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue (Post 24169876)
Txs. Yes, that's the standard Novotel bathroom amenity rack.

Yes, speaking purely for myself and not trying to be a spoilsport, those are pictures of a standard Novotel exec room that I've seen a hundred times and didn't need to see again. ;)

BotB Jan 16, 2015 8:02 am

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 24177804)
Yes, speaking purely for myself and not trying to be a spoilsport, those are pictures of a standard Novotel exec room that I've seen a hundred times and didn't need to see again. ;)

Fair enough, now sorted.