Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2015 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
This thread is for brief reports on stays by Le Club members at Accor group hotels. For fuller reviews, please search the forum to see whether the hotel already has its own thread. (If if it hasn't, you might consider starting one.)

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

chistery's post 166 (here) includes the headings with the tags for bold text. Some members will find it easier to cut and paste from there.

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:-
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2015 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 6:22 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
- Name of the hotel: Novotel Lyon Part Dieu

- What is your Le Club status? Platinium

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Not so

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standart room. I was refused an upgrading while there were executive rooms available (I checked on Accor.com).
I was told that executives rooms were available for sale but they were not available for upgrading...

- How are the rooms? classic novotel room

Good: Breakfast

Bad: no platinium recognition at all.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? I was offered one single drink voucher but we were five (booked 2 rooms). Nothing else

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Definitely would not return as Mercure Lyon Part Dieu is far better.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 7:02 am

Name of the hotel: Novotel Ambassador Seoul, Gangnam

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? It's OK

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? No automatic upgrade at this hotel, only when asked for

- How are the rooms? Lower floors are old and worn out. Upper floors undergo renovations right now.

- What was good and what was bad? Platinum level is not auotmatically rewarded, only when asked for. Rooms facing the street are noisy

Good: Breakfast buffet and friendliness of service staff

Bad: No automatic recognition of Platinum level even after +15 stays

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Longe access after asking for, the room is rather small with only a few seats

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? No welcome drink at last stay, no special treatment, just two bottles of water in the room as always

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I have to return for business reasons otherwise it would not be my first choice

Print Wikipost
Old Feb 16, 2015, 2:26 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
- Name of the hotel:
Ibis Brugge Centrum

Plat

More or less, would chose otherwise if availability and price reasonable (over valentines day... not so much

Standard/Standard (only category anyway)

- How are the rooms?
Old, but ok. Most comfortable bed in a while! ^
Shower didn't produce steadily heated water though

Good:
- comfortable bed
- friendly staff
- well located

Bad:
- veeery slow internet (to the point of sometimes breaking down)
- shower water changed temperature a bit

N/A

No voucher given, not asked for one either.

Certainly value for money, would opt for something slightly pricier for better rooms and faster internet next time.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 3:49 am

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Pinheiros Sao Paulo

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked superior w/double bed, got the same. Hotel now lists a different category of suite room with Nespresso makers and views of the city.

- How are the rooms? Large for Brazil standards with separate living area and bedroom, a little worn but nothing bad

Good:
-My only complaint about the hotel was the terrible internet during last stay. It's been fixed.

Bad:
-Hotel won't post my 14 day stay, and Accor ignores my request, so I lost out on platinum benefit where I am now

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink voucher (good for beer, wine or water only). Welcome letter and chocolate candy.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Price as low as $50 US depending on the day. Would return, it's a good location for where I need to be
Old Feb 20, 2015, 12:22 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
- Name of the hotel:
Novotel Leeds

Plat

Yes

Booked Superior, got Executive. It turns out that this is exactly the same room, but with free movies, water etc!

- How are the rooms?
V Nice, the largest Novotel room I have stayed in. Great shower. Has the bathroom glass which turns opaque at the touch of a button.

Good: Staff, room, location (lots of bars and restaurants in the immediate area)

Bad: None

NA

Two drinks vouchers for beer, wine or soft drink. Fruit and macaroons in the room.

Good value for the city and will return.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
- Name of the hotel:
Novotel Barcelona Cornella

Plat

Yes

Booked Superior, got Executive.

- How are the rooms?
OK, usual Novotel standard, good bathroom with separate bath and walk-in shower

Good: Staff, one of whom welcomed me by name when I passed the reception desk on the second day of my stay. Good location (for me) close to the airport and out of the city.

Bad:

NA

Two drinks vouchers for beer, wine or soft drink. Chocolate in the room.

Good value and I am back in two weeks.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 6:06 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Name of the hotel:
Sofitel Berlin Kurfürstendamm

What is your Le Club status?
Gold

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a luxury room and received something I don't know what was it. Was told the room is a luxury premium one but that kind of room isn't even listed on hotel's website. Receptionist was trying hard to sell us an upgrade to a junior suite with an access to the lounge but we declined.

How was the room?
Nice, quite spacious, around 50sqm. It was on 7th floor, facing quiet courtyard and had separated bedroom and living room, plus walk-in closet. Bathroom was big enough for two people and came with two sinks, walk-in shower and bathtub.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
- Very friendly, helpful and relaxed staff
- Early check in at 10am wasn't a problem
- Didn't have to beg for the room upgrade
- Late check out was granted until 4pm without fuss
- Public transportation to and from hotel is excellent: train, metro and bus are very close; bus from the Tegel airport took around 35 minutes, metro to Alexanderplatz took around 10 minutes
- Hotel rents bikes for 12 € per day

Bad:
- Room had neither Nespresso machine, kettle nor Bose audio system
- TV was tiny for this size of room, maybe 32' (well, didn't used it so not so big deal)
- Coffee and tea was available from room service for a ridiculous price (tea 9 € + service fee 4 €)
- They shouldn't call their bed as Sofitel signature MyBed (only the featherbed and pillows were from the MyBed series, mattress was some German branded from 2005)
- No Yves Delorme towels
- Okay breakfast but not up to Sofitel standards
- Spa was nice but they should have jacuzzi since there would be space for it; now the spa has sauna, steam room and some tiny plunge pool for feet only)

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
There is one but didn't get an access so can't comment on that.

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Besides the room upgrade, received 20% discount voucher for the Le Faubourg restaurant and two drink vouchers that were good for beer, prosecco, wines and non-alcoholic drinks. Welcome gift was an assortment of petit fours.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Really good value. Paid less than 200 € for a two-night stay including breakfast + 95 € for a two-course dinner for two with champagne and red wine.

Last edited by wkndtraveler; Feb 24, 2015 at 6:27 am
Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
- Name of the hotel: Mercure Milano Centro (Piazza Oberdan)

- What is your Le Club status? Silver

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? No

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Editing to correct: Superior rooms only. Received "accessible" room at insistence of front desk.

- How are the rooms? Small, uncomfortable. The bathroom had no place to put down your toiletries, so we had to put them back into our washbags after using them every morning and every night. Really poorly designed. The "roll-in" shower was the same level as the rest of the floor, causing the entire bathroom to flood every day.

Good: Some of the front desk staff was polite and helpful; the location is good.

Bad: Correction: We were downgraded to an "accessible" room, on grounds that I am in a wheelchair, and "must" be in an "accessible" room. The "accessible" room is accessible in name only -- so small you cannot get the wheelchair next to the bed, nor can you open the door while sitting in front of it (there is not enough room -- someone else has to open the door while the wheelchair user is off to the side, at an angle), so we were never comfortable there.

The first night we were there, we could barely sleep, because the sheets were scratchy. Neither one of us is that particular. In the morning, we realized what was wrong: there were dark hairs on those sheets (my husband and I are both blond), and . . . stains. Someone had a romantic time in that bed, and housekeeping had not changed the sheets prior to our checking into the room. We jumped out of that bed and headed straight for the shower! As soon as we were dressed and out of the room, we asked the housekeeper to change our sheets! Ack!!!!!

Also adding: Breakfast was truly awful. We tried it once. It consisted of pre-packaged breakfast pastries, mediocre coffee, and meager hot offerings. I had better breakfasts in my college dorm.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? As guests of the hotel, we received a small discount at a cafe next door -- with some of the worst food anywhere in Milan. We ate there once, were horrified, and never returned.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? No.

Last edited by ysolde; Feb 26, 2015 at 3:42 am Reason: Correction, addition
Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:35 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
- Name of the hotel:
Novotel Liverpool Centre

Platinum

Yes

Booked Superior Room and upgraded to Executive Room

- How are the rooms?
Standard Novotel

Good: We were lucky that the swimming pool reopened on the day we arrived, breakfast was nice

Bad:
the heat of the swimming pool and the surrounding area was stifling, which then made the changing rooms feel very cold, it calls itself a relaxation pool but there is such a thing as to relaxing!

N/A

Got 3x Welcome drink vouchers (despite there only being 2 of us!)
Was notified had been upgraded in recognition of status

Booked this in the sale but would return if in Liverpool again
Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:40 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
- Name of the hotel:
Ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock

Platinum

Yes

Booked family room and got it

- How are the rooms?
Standard Ibis

Good: Beds were comfortable, appreciated the welcome offer for premium wi-fi

Bad:
nothing

N/A

Got 2x welcome drinks

Great value considering it was booked approx half an hour before we checked in! Next time I'll double check the dates of stay! (Arrived in Liverpool a day early)
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:17 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Novotel Tangerang

- Name of the hotel:
Novotel Tangerang

Platinum

Mixed up; generally not happy.

Booked two rooms; one on Executive (with lounge access) and one on Superior (without lounge access). The superior was upgraded to executive with lounge access.

- How are the rooms?
The rooms still new and more upscale than other Novotel. The view is beautiful; with a scenery of a river nearby.

Good:
- The hotel interior feels more like staying in Pullman or Sofitel; quite different than other Novotel standard
- One of the room was upgraded

Bad:
- I was only allowed late check-out up to 2 pm
- The hotel is quite disorganized. After I got late check-out up to 2pm, the other hotel staff made a phone call again to my room to remind me that I have passed the check-out time (12.00)
- Points were not posted until 5 weeks; then finally posted after I email to the hotel
- There were some stains on the sink and shower; eventhough the hotel is very new.
- No welcome drinks vouchers given upon arrival
- The hotel location is very bad; Mercure Alam Sutera & Ibis Serpong have better location than this hotel.

Yes. The view from executive lounge is beautiful and unlike other Novotels in Indonesia, Novotel Tangerang has a fridge on their Executive Lounge where you could choose any beverages for free. However, the foods presented on the lounge were disappointing in term of quantities and qualities.

Finally I got welcome drinks voucher after I requested it. There's a fruit platter in the room and welcome letter.

Really good value for money but probably won't return.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
FYI, I edited my review above about Sofitel Montreal to add pictures of the room
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:02 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Goldorak
FYI, I edited my review above about Sofitel Montreal to add pictures of the room
Love the pics but.. Maybe just me, would probably be better to have a dedicated thread with pictures for this hotel rather than having them in this thread.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Love the pics but.. Maybe just me, would probably be better to have a dedicated thread with pictures for this hotel rather than having them in this thread.
Maybe. Starflyergold, feel free to move my post elsewhere if you wish.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:15 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Done, for details please check http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor...-montreal.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.