Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

10,000 bonus points with accor/aeroplan [expired]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Current Summarily Cancelled Accor / Air Canada promotion

• Earn 5,000 Aeroplan miles (converted from 10,000 points) for each eligible stay until 12/31/14

For stays before December 31st, 2014.

In order for the miles to be credited to your Aeroplan Account, make sure to choose Aeroplan as your preferred airline partner in your profile and enter your member number.

Terms & conditions

1. General Le Club Accorhotels terms and conditions apply to the 10,000 point Bonus Aeroplan Miles offer.
2. This offer is valid for a stay from 10/1/14 to 12/31/14 in one of the participating hotels, and booked between 10/1/14 and 12/31/14.
3. This offer entitles Le Club Accorhotels Loyalty members, regardless of their status, to benefit from earning 10,000 bonus points in one of the participating hotels worldwide.
4. In order to benefit from this bonus, the member must have selected Aeroplan as the preferred conversion option in their Le Club Accorhotels program account before the stay.
5. To benefit from this offer, your booking must be made on Accorhotels.com or our participating brands web sites or via Accor call centers. All other reservation channels will not be eligible to this offer.
6. You must provide your Le Club Accorhotels loyalty card number when making your reservation, and present your card at the reception desk of your hotel when you check-in for your stay.
7. For the purpose of this offer, a stay is one (1) reservation made by a Le Club Accorhotels Loyalty member for one or more rooms. For the avoidance of doubt, a reservation made for more than one room will therefore be considered as only one (1) stay.
8. The bonus will be credited in Le Club Accorhotels points within 10 days following the end of his/her stay and converted into Aeroplan Miles according to applicable conversion rule.
9. This offer cannot be combined with other current promotional offers or advantages and does not apply to groups.
10. This offer is subject to room availability. General sales terms and conditions apply for reserved public rates specific to each hotel.
11.It may take up to 6 weeks for your Le Club Accorhotels points to be transferred to miles in your Aeroplan account.

Accor has issued an official statement about this matter:

In English: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/hotels-offers/promotion-35479-promotion.shtml

In French: http://www.accorhotels.com/fr/leclub/hotels-offers/promotion-35479-promotion.shtml
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:42 am

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Pretty disappointed with the outcome here as well. I was really hoping to switch to Accor from IHG (after their own promo fiasco), but I have to re-consider after this blunder. Really bad form on their part.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:45 am

I have completed the stay on Tuesday but received only the base points, no bonus points credited. The stay has been completed even before the promotion prematurely expired on Accor website. Now I'm on another booking which I have already checked-in, booked before the deadline described by Accor Concierge on this forum, and will check out tomorrow. Please advise what to do. thank you very much

Last edited by thetasteofmoney; Oct 29, 2014 at 3:55 am Reason: correction
Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:32 am

Programs: TK Elite+
Can you keep the points and disable auto conversion without get any consequences on the account?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:53 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond
Lufthansa Miles and More 6000 points / 3000 miles was also expired !

Goodbye Accorhotels...
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:23 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Originally Posted by loyalitiz
Lufthansa Miles and More 6000 points / 3000 miles was also expired !
When and where was that announced? The offer is still on the Accor webpage:

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub...romotion.shtml
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:02 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
When I clicked on the link on aeroplan.com last night ~11 PM New York time (3 AM GMT,) I got an Accor page saying, 'Sorry, Promotion Expired.'
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:30 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

One of my stays coming up that I booked yesterday is pre-paid for this coming Friday. I would really like some resolution to this before the stay.

Thank you Accor.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:40 am

Aeroplan page is still advertizing 10,000 points/5,000 miles promo...
Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:58 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hello Everyone,

Just a quick message to check in and confirm that I have received all of your private messages and I am in touch with HQ so we can try and sort everything out asap.

To bring specific concerns to my attention it is best to contact me via private message.

Please bear with me as I get to grips with the situation, I will do my best to help you all out!

Best,

Amy
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Hello Everyone,

Just a quick message to check in and confirm that I have received all of your private messages and I am in touch with HQ so we can try and sort everything out asap.

To bring specific concerns to my attention it is best to contact me via private message.

Please bear with me as I get to grips with the situation, I will do my best to help you all out!

Best,

Amy
Amy,

I can't say I'm happy with the situation, but the way you are handling the situation is A+++.

Hopefully everyone involved is satisfied w/ the resolution ^.~

Good day to you.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Hello Everyone,

Best,

Amy
Amy,

You should convey to your people in HQ on how disappointed we are as Accor cannot even honor its own words.

I believe this is not the first time Accor act fickle-minded like this.

It seems to me that your marketing team will never that this promotion will become extremely popular and it probably hits them very badly. But expiring the promotion just only 2 weeks instead of 3 months, it will definitely hurt Accor brand at least for short and mid term.

As a long time Accor loyal customer (I just check that I have been AdvantagePlus member since 2004), I am very disappointed with Accor behavior.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Amy,

I can't say I'm happy with the situation, but the way you are handling the situation is A+++.
Agreed. ^
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
solution

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Amy,

Hopefully everyone involved is satisfied w/ the resolution ^.~

Good day to you.
well, if we receive the points/ miles for bookings made before 28.10 than i think everybody will be happy.

lets give accor a chance to figure this one out.

some of my friends still have 20+ prepaid reservations, and i am pretty sure they will be really upset if accor doesnt find a solution.

dp
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:29 am

Hello Everyone,

Best,

Amy
Amy,
Thanks for being an ambassador and handling the situation. ^

Just want to point out that Aeroplan still advertises the promo on its front page. So, it's possible that there will be upset people that saw the promo and booked stays today.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
I think the fact that Amy has come forth and taken a part in this conversation is very positive. I am hoping we get our proper points for our stay this weekend and that I will not have to seek her direct involvement to get correct points. I will however, should there be an issue.

Thanks. I appreciate a company representative stepping up to the plate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.