Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

10,000 bonus points with accor/aeroplan [expired]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Current Summarily Cancelled Accor / Air Canada promotion

• Earn 5,000 Aeroplan miles (converted from 10,000 points) for each eligible stay until 12/31/14

For stays before December 31st, 2014.

In order for the miles to be credited to your Aeroplan Account, make sure to choose Aeroplan as your preferred airline partner in your profile and enter your member number.

Terms & conditions

1. General Le Club Accorhotels terms and conditions apply to the 10,000 point Bonus Aeroplan Miles offer.
2. This offer is valid for a stay from 10/1/14 to 12/31/14 in one of the participating hotels, and booked between 10/1/14 and 12/31/14.
3. This offer entitles Le Club Accorhotels Loyalty members, regardless of their status, to benefit from earning 10,000 bonus points in one of the participating hotels worldwide.
4. In order to benefit from this bonus, the member must have selected Aeroplan as the preferred conversion option in their Le Club Accorhotels program account before the stay.
5. To benefit from this offer, your booking must be made on Accorhotels.com or our participating brands web sites or via Accor call centers. All other reservation channels will not be eligible to this offer.
6. You must provide your Le Club Accorhotels loyalty card number when making your reservation, and present your card at the reception desk of your hotel when you check-in for your stay.
7. For the purpose of this offer, a stay is one (1) reservation made by a Le Club Accorhotels Loyalty member for one or more rooms. For the avoidance of doubt, a reservation made for more than one room will therefore be considered as only one (1) stay.
8. The bonus will be credited in Le Club Accorhotels points within 10 days following the end of his/her stay and converted into Aeroplan Miles according to applicable conversion rule.
9. This offer cannot be combined with other current promotional offers or advantages and does not apply to groups.
10. This offer is subject to room availability. General sales terms and conditions apply for reserved public rates specific to each hotel.
11.It may take up to 6 weeks for your Le Club Accorhotels points to be transferred to miles in your Aeroplan account.

Accor has issued an official statement about this matter:

In English: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/hotels-offers/promotion-35479-promotion.shtml

In French: http://www.accorhotels.com/fr/leclub/hotels-offers/promotion-35479-promotion.shtml
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:58 am

I received all 8,000 points with this offer. I have 8 stays coming up with accor and initially opted to automatically transfer miles to aeroplan, i have just opted out for automatically transfer. We will see what Accor is going to do next.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
dont opt out

Originally Posted by soonyeap
I received all 8,000 points with this offer. I have 8 stays coming up with accor and initially opted to automatically transfer miles to aeroplan, i have just opted out for automatically transfer. We will see what Accor is going to do next.
i would not opt out, as the condition for the 10.000 points/ 5000 miles was opt in for aeroplan transfer.

as accor wrote, that they are going to honor it, i would expect, that you have to keep the automatic transfer on, if not you wont get the 10K points.

dp
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:40 am

Also another promo from Accor/Aerplan looks to have been gone before the initial ending date.

https://www4.aeroplan.com/promotions...p1000340_Accor

This morning the ending date was 12/31 but changed during the day to 10/29. Even for already made bookings with stays after 10/29.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:07 pm

I just had regular points post for one of my stays, but not 10,000 bonus points.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 6:19 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

I'm checking in now to a reservation I made after their "10/27 deadline" - I took a screenshot of the reservation confirmation and the ad that stated the offer was still valid.

Accor, Amy,

Please honor these reservations w/ the bonus points as advertised.. And please do not drag this out into infinity.

Also, it seems that stays booked before 10/27 are only posting regular points now.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:05 pm

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
Originally Posted by lingua101
I doubt she can do much, having experiencing Accor culture in the past.

anything to do with HQ, you will always hit the wall. I normally prefer to deal with the regions people, which is more accommodating and customer centric. In some region, I think I am quite "famous"

I really hope I am wrong!!!
I hope Accor realises what sort of damage they have done on themselves. They've wasted all the efforts on trying to bring their loyalty program on par with their competitors... oh well...
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:55 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I just had a stay post that was booked before 10/27 and only the points posted no bonus...
I have a feeling you want get the bonus for any stay after they pull out the promo (aka 27-OCT) regardless when you booked it.

Remember the promo is on the Account level not on the booking or hotel level.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:59 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by LuisHK
I hope Accor realises what sort of damage they have done on themselves. They've wasted all the efforts on trying to bring their loyalty program on par with their competitors... oh well...
I believe for every single miles Accor needs to transfer to AC will cost them money......

They probably realize it will have some damage to their reputation but when $$ is involved, the $$ is more important right?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 12:18 am

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Posting Points to another Account... to avoid giving Aeroplan Bonus. Seriously...

deleted - giving benefit of doubt that it could be just a human error in posting.

Last edited by ZenWorld; Oct 31, 2014 at 10:19 am Reason: Updated. Base points in correct account now.. awaiting to see if bonus will be posted.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 1:55 am

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
Originally Posted by lingua101
I believe for every single miles Accor needs to transfer to AC will cost them money......

They probably realize it will have some damage to their reputation but when $$ is involved, the $$ is more important right?
When reputation is damaged, more $$ will be needed to reinstate - short-sightedness of someone?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:16 am

No title

Hahaha
Let's trust Accor!!
So good promotion!
You still can trust all the promotion on Accor web site~
Accor is the best!

*But* Accor would change the expiration date of the promotion~^
Accor would not notify thier le club loyality members by any method.
Accor would stop any promotion at anytime with no reason and no notification.

Accor is greate business partner to notify aeroplan to remove the promotion when the event is happened 2 days after.^

Accor, your best trustworthy hotel partner!

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 31, 2014 at 4:05 am Reason: Remove off-topic footnote
Old Oct 31, 2014, 4:01 am

such a mess when it comes to Accor + partner promotions
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:52 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Accor official statement

Hello everyone,

In English: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub...romotion.shtml

In French: http://www.accorhotels.com/fr/leclub...romotion.shtml

I understand that this information is not news to most of your but Accor are doing their best to handle the situation and are proceeding step by step. I am in daily contact with Le Club Accorhotels managers to share your feedback.

I have transferred all of your queries to customer services who will look into everything. For those of you who have reservations coming up soon or any other urgent questions the best would be to contact client services directly.

Best,

Amy

Last edited by starflyergold; Oct 31, 2014 at 10:10 am Reason: language link corrected
Old Oct 31, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Hello everyone,

In English: http://www.accorhotels.com/fr/leclub...romotion.shtml

In French: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub...romotion.shtml

I understand that this information is not news to most of your but Accor are doing their best to handle the situation and are proceeding step by step. I am in daily contact with Le Club Accorhotels managers to share your feedback.

I have transferred all of your queries to customer services who will look into everything. For those of you who have reservations coming up soon or any other urgent questions the best would be to contact client services directly.

Best,

Amy
Who do we contact exactly? Can we have contact info?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
While not the best way to manage it, but Accor has made a final decision.

I will personally be moving on from this, and I must first say, at the very least, Accor attempted a bold promotion that is worth applauding.

Accor also received a lot of free marketing as the frequent travelers shared the information. Then the obvious weakness of the promotion surfaced; many were quick to catch on that even the cheaper brands like Ibis and Mercure are giving out the huge points, causing cost for Accor to escalate.

I would rather Accor had limited it to their upper brands and for the promo to continue, but they decided otherwise. It certainly caused some problems to end it early, but I do hope they can come up with equally exciting promos in the future.

I also would update that Accor has posted the base points for my 2 stays to the right account now, but the 2 X Accor-Aeroplan 10k Bonus is still missing. And I realised I never received the 3X Accor-Aeroplan bonus (the other Aeroplan bonus that ended early) for all my stays as well.

Let's hope the Accor Customer Service gets it right, and close the chapter for myself.

Lastly, I am sure some of us benefited from this promotion, so I shall not be too harsh on Accor. It was still 5000 Aeroplan points more for each stay (if it posts correctly) booked before 27 Oct 2014. This was by far, the best hotel promo in Oct 2014 in my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.