FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 10,000 bonus points with accor/aeroplan [expired]
Old Oct 31, 2014, 10:12 am
ZenWorld

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
While not the best way to manage it, but Accor has made a final decision.

I will personally be moving on from this, and I must first say, at the very least, Accor attempted a bold promotion that is worth applauding.

Accor also received a lot of free marketing as the frequent travelers shared the information. Then the obvious weakness of the promotion surfaced; many were quick to catch on that even the cheaper brands like Ibis and Mercure are giving out the huge points, causing cost for Accor to escalate.

I would rather Accor had limited it to their upper brands and for the promo to continue, but they decided otherwise. It certainly caused some problems to end it early, but I do hope they can come up with equally exciting promos in the future.

I also would update that Accor has posted the base points for my 2 stays to the right account now, but the 2 X Accor-Aeroplan 10k Bonus is still missing. And I realised I never received the 3X Accor-Aeroplan bonus (the other Aeroplan bonus that ended early) for all my stays as well.

Let's hope the Accor Customer Service gets it right, and close the chapter for myself.

Lastly, I am sure some of us benefited from this promotion, so I shall not be too harsh on Accor. It was still 5000 Aeroplan points more for each stay (if it posts correctly) booked before 27 Oct 2014. This was by far, the best hotel promo in Oct 2014 in my opinion.