Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

10,000 bonus points with accor/aeroplan [expired]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Current Summarily Cancelled Accor / Air Canada promotion

• Earn 5,000 Aeroplan miles (converted from 10,000 points) for each eligible stay until 12/31/14

For stays before December 31st, 2014.

In order for the miles to be credited to your Aeroplan Account, make sure to choose Aeroplan as your preferred airline partner in your profile and enter your member number.

Terms & conditions

1. General Le Club Accorhotels terms and conditions apply to the 10,000 point Bonus Aeroplan Miles offer.
2. This offer is valid for a stay from 10/1/14 to 12/31/14 in one of the participating hotels, and booked between 10/1/14 and 12/31/14.
3. This offer entitles Le Club Accorhotels Loyalty members, regardless of their status, to benefit from earning 10,000 bonus points in one of the participating hotels worldwide.
4. In order to benefit from this bonus, the member must have selected Aeroplan as the preferred conversion option in their Le Club Accorhotels program account before the stay.
5. To benefit from this offer, your booking must be made on Accorhotels.com or our participating brands web sites or via Accor call centers. All other reservation channels will not be eligible to this offer.
6. You must provide your Le Club Accorhotels loyalty card number when making your reservation, and present your card at the reception desk of your hotel when you check-in for your stay.
7. For the purpose of this offer, a stay is one (1) reservation made by a Le Club Accorhotels Loyalty member for one or more rooms. For the avoidance of doubt, a reservation made for more than one room will therefore be considered as only one (1) stay.
8. The bonus will be credited in Le Club Accorhotels points within 10 days following the end of his/her stay and converted into Aeroplan Miles according to applicable conversion rule.
9. This offer cannot be combined with other current promotional offers or advantages and does not apply to groups.
10. This offer is subject to room availability. General sales terms and conditions apply for reserved public rates specific to each hotel.
11.It may take up to 6 weeks for your Le Club Accorhotels points to be transferred to miles in your Aeroplan account.

Accor has issued an official statement about this matter:

In English: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/hotels-offers/promotion-35479-promotion.shtml

In French: http://www.accorhotels.com/fr/leclub/hotels-offers/promotion-35479-promotion.shtml
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
The issue with many of these promotions is that you do not need to register, and therefore don't have a confirmation e-mail. Accor has changed the t&c's and validity periods of promotions before and you may have a hard time getting your points or miles when referring to the original (expired?) t&c's.....
Old Oct 28, 2014, 1:23 pm
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Air Canada offer

Hello Everyone,

I have been following this thread throughout the day and contacted HQ following your concerns. I have just received the following information about the Air Canada offer:

- The offer expired at midnight (Paris time) yesterday the 27th October. Due to an unexpected amount of participants the number of rooms available for this offer were quickly filled up.
- However, not to panic! All reservations made before midnight on the 27th will be taken into account and you will receive the 10 000 bonus points!
- There are no plans to reactivate or continue this specific offer at the moment.

Accor would like to thank its members for their, albeit unexpected, enthusiasm and regret that the original expiration date could not be maintained.

I hope this clears about the main concerns you have been discussing.

If you have any other questions don’t hesitate to get in touch via private message or on this thread! I will do my best to answer everyone asap.

Best Regards,

Amy
Old Oct 28, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, HH Gold
I have an initial data point on this. Had a stay on Oct 26, which has posted today showing only the base points and accelerator. No aeroplan promo. I spoke to customer service and they have launched a report to investigate.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Hello Everyone,

I have been following this thread throughout the day and contacted HQ following your concerns. I have just received the following information about the Air Canada offer:

- The offer expired at midnight (Paris time) yesterday the 27th October. Due to an unexpected amount of participants the number of rooms available for this offer were quickly filled up.
- However, not to panic! All reservations made before midnight on the 27th will be taken into account and you will receive the 10 000 bonus points!
- There are no plans to reactivate or continue this specific offer at the moment.

Accor would like to thank its members for their, albeit unexpected, enthusiasm and regret that the original expiration date could not be maintained.

If you have any other questions don’t hesitate to get in touch via private message or on this thread! I will do my best to answer everyone asap.

Best Regards,

Amy
Game over. Too bad. It was a great promotion for those who took advantage of it. Luck you!
Old Oct 28, 2014, 2:03 pm

Hello Everyone,

Best Regards,

Amy
This is poor form in my opinion. Obviously the T&C gave you an easy out with "room availability", but it was clearly worded to make it seem like the overriding factor was the date of 12/31.

That being said, I'm sure we all appreciate the answer on this forum so we're not in the dark.

Last edited by maverick17; Oct 28, 2014 at 2:24 pm
Old Oct 28, 2014, 2:11 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Hello Everyone,

Best Regards,

Amy
What about reservations made today before the announcement? I only think it is fair that the deadline is extended until today. I've made non refundable reservations...
Old Oct 28, 2014, 2:29 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Hello Everyone,

Best Regards,

Amy
I also have made a non-refundable reservation today before the announcement.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by jason8612
Quote:

Hello Everyone,

Best Regards,

Amy

I also have made a non-refundable reservation today before the announcement.
Send her a PM. We booked under the terms that said we were going to get these miles it is only fair for them to honor up until our last booking.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 2:38 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Send her a PM. We booked under the terms that said we were going to get these miles it is only fair for them to honor up until our last booking.
Thanks
Will do
Old Oct 28, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
to good to be true

i am very grateful that accor has provided this promotion.

about future bookings, is there any official source which will send us an email from an accor email adress, as i am not sure if the service center will care about a post on FT through a company rep.

thumbs up accor, i will consider you for future bookings next year.^

dp
Old Oct 28, 2014, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by derpelikan
i am very grateful that accor has provided this promotion....
thumbs up accor, i will consider you for future bookings next year.
This ending was not so good. OMAT called them out. Someone on his comments said Korea hit this one hard. Obviously BKK did too. We'll see if Accor gets loved or hated from this.

Last edited by maverick17; Oct 28, 2014 at 11:21 pm
Old Oct 28, 2014, 3:13 pm

Hello Everyone,

Best Regards,

Amy
Wow, wow. My dad and I just booked few stays...

Thanks Amy for clearing up our concerns.

However, here are my 2c about the communication from Accor.

Informing a small number of people on FT is that the promo has been pulled retroactively as of yesterday is hardly the best way to communicate this information. I haven't seen any public announcement, e.g. email.

In fact, as of today 5:03pm EST, Aeroplan.com still advertises that 5,000 miles promotion is running through Dec 31, 2014.

Put yourself in moms & pops' shoes. They can still see this promotion ad, there is no need to register for it, as long as they set conversion choice to AC miles. People will be still booking stays expecting points to post not knowing that there has been announcement on FT. This is a PR disaster.

My piece of advice is that you send out an email with updated T&C and you extend promotions for all booking up until a point after that email.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
Try Twitter, people seem to have much better success using it to gain solutions.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 3:27 pm

I would take picture proof that the promotion is still on Aeroplan.com, maybe also with a calendar and clock that shows what time it is.

It is not legal whatsoever to have that promotion on Aeroplan.com but on another venue say that you are not honoring it.

Like another poster said, what about grandpa and grandma that don't use FT but are basing their stays off aeroplan.com, I'm sorry but this is not going to fly.

5:27pm ET promotion is still up on Aeroplan.com
Old Oct 28, 2014, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by DebitNM
We are just 3 days out from our stay. I am not going to be happy camper if this indeed as gone poof!

Glad to see that aeroplan link.

Anyone have a screen shot of the Accor Le Club page with offer - the original one? I have taken screenshot of the aeroplan one posted in #145 but would be great to have one from Accor page.
The Accor page is still showing in Google Cache at the moment

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.