Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

10,000 bonus points with accor/aeroplan [expired]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Current Summarily Cancelled Accor / Air Canada promotion

• Earn 5,000 Aeroplan miles (converted from 10,000 points) for each eligible stay until 12/31/14

For stays before December 31st, 2014.

In order for the miles to be credited to your Aeroplan Account, make sure to choose Aeroplan as your preferred airline partner in your profile and enter your member number.

Terms & conditions

1. General Le Club Accorhotels terms and conditions apply to the 10,000 point Bonus Aeroplan Miles offer.
2. This offer is valid for a stay from 10/1/14 to 12/31/14 in one of the participating hotels, and booked between 10/1/14 and 12/31/14.
3. This offer entitles Le Club Accorhotels Loyalty members, regardless of their status, to benefit from earning 10,000 bonus points in one of the participating hotels worldwide.
4. In order to benefit from this bonus, the member must have selected Aeroplan as the preferred conversion option in their Le Club Accorhotels program account before the stay.
5. To benefit from this offer, your booking must be made on Accorhotels.com or our participating brands web sites or via Accor call centers. All other reservation channels will not be eligible to this offer.
6. You must provide your Le Club Accorhotels loyalty card number when making your reservation, and present your card at the reception desk of your hotel when you check-in for your stay.
7. For the purpose of this offer, a stay is one (1) reservation made by a Le Club Accorhotels Loyalty member for one or more rooms. For the avoidance of doubt, a reservation made for more than one room will therefore be considered as only one (1) stay.
8. The bonus will be credited in Le Club Accorhotels points within 10 days following the end of his/her stay and converted into Aeroplan Miles according to applicable conversion rule.
9. This offer cannot be combined with other current promotional offers or advantages and does not apply to groups.
10. This offer is subject to room availability. General sales terms and conditions apply for reserved public rates specific to each hotel.
11.It may take up to 6 weeks for your Le Club Accorhotels points to be transferred to miles in your Aeroplan account.

Accor has issued an official statement about this matter:

In English: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/hotels-offers/promotion-35479-promotion.shtml

In French: http://www.accorhotels.com/fr/leclub/hotels-offers/promotion-35479-promotion.shtml
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

^^ I sympathize with Uree, because that's my exact problem as well. I booked stays after their deadline and now I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do, cancel the reservations and move on? Pay to stay and hope for points? Because I refuse to pay to stay w/ a company that treats their customers like this.

A real response from Accor with some actual info, how they are going to amend the situation regarding bookings after oct27, would be great.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by uree
YOU FINISHED PROMOTION SUDDENLY AND YOU JUST PUT ON THE PROMOTION FINISHING DATE?
Be careful. They didn't do this. The problem is not that they did it suddenly, the problem is that they did it retroactively.
Had they done it suddenly but not retroactively and had they announced the sudden termination properly, I was perfectly ok with the termination. But Accor finished the promotion without any official announcement or declaring the expiration date. When they published an official announcement, they decided to not honor reservations retroactively. In other words, they published an announcement in Oct 31 that says promotion had already expired 4 days ago in Oct 27. I cannot see how people in a big business like Accor may do something as obviously nonsense as this.

That being said, and though I sympathize with your suffer because of Accor's action, being overly furious and/or using all caps do not help.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by uree
HOW DO YOU COMPANSATE MY EMOTIONAL DISTRESS DAMAGES?
Emotional distress? Seriously?
Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by mizzou1
Be careful. They didn't do this. The problem is not that they did it suddenly, the problem is that they did it retroactively.
Had they done it suddenly but not retroactively and had they announced the sudden termination properly, I was perfectly ok with the termination. But Accor finished the promotion without any official announcement or declaring the expiration date. When they published an official announcement, they decided to not honor reservations retroactively. In other words, they published an announcement in Oct 31 that says promotion had already expired 4 days ago in Oct 27. I cannot see how people in a big business like Accor may do something as obviously nonsense as this.

That being said, and though I sympathize with your suffer because of Accor's action, being overly furious and/or using all caps do not help.

I guess in the t&c there must be a clause that say accor has a right to ammend the promotion or end the promotion early (or something similar to this).

So legally speaking, they can always use this clause to justify the act.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:45 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by LETTERBOY
Oh dear oh dear, emotional distress . I wished everyone would just take a deep breath and get a bit of perspective.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:32 pm

Somebody should find out email addresses or phone numbers of corporate. I once had trouble with Wyndham not honoring their promotion but within a few days after contacting their corporate office the offer was honored as it was advertised.

Sylvia Lemlin
Director of Online Marketing & Sales at Accor- per LinkedIn.

Contact info ???
Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:48 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Somebody should find out email addresses or phone numbers of corporate.
I can assure you "corporate" are aware of this thread.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Quote:

Somebody should find out email addresses or phone numbers of corporate.

I can assure you "corporate" are aware of this thread.
I'm sure if somebody called, or emailed, they would get a personal response from somebody who could do something about it or give a sincere answer as to why it was abruptly cancelled, and offer us some kind of proper resolution, no offense to Amy she seems to be doing what she can-

With Wyndham I received a personal call, an apology, and the appropriate points were posted immediately by somebody with the authority to do so. This is what should happen here with those that booked stays while the promo was still posted on Aeroplan.com but after the promo was supposedly "pulled for being too popular". And as the days go on people including myself are going to get more irritated, what am I supposed to do with all my stays that I have today, tomorrow, all next week, that I only intend on staying if the original promo is honored, otherwise, I would stay elsewhere? GRRRRR
Old Nov 1, 2014, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by lingua101
I guess in the t&c there must be a clause that say accor has a right to ammend the promotion or end the promotion early (or something similar to this).

So legally speaking, they can always use this clause to justify the act.
First, T&C of the promotion does not have such a clause. Then, even if it had, it did not suggest Accor could terminate offer retroactively. It means they cannot decide today to end an offer starting from yesterday (or anytime in the past). The best they can do at any moment, is to end an offer starting from that moment.

Last edited by mizzou1; Nov 1, 2014 at 5:36 pm
Old Nov 1, 2014, 7:01 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Lets not forget some people are more fragile than others.

I booked stays after their deadline and now I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do, cancel the reservations and move on? Pay to stay and hope for points?
Unless you booked those for a reason (other than to collect aeroplan miles) I would say cancel the reservation and move on. Hope for points is probably futile if your fact pattern falls outside the updated T&C they (recently) posted.

Btw, I am trying to access the official stmt above just now but the link is not valid. Also when I login to accor hotels, I couldn't see my points/nights (nor can I make booking with points). Anyone knows what's going on? Maybe (or more like hopefully) they are fixing this as we speak (i.e. posting bonus points for stays that meet the updated T&C)? One can hope ...

Last edited by Rivarix; Nov 1, 2014 at 7:14 pm
Old Nov 1, 2014, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by Rivarix
Quote:

Quote:

I booked stays after their deadline and now I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do, cancel the reservations and move on? Pay to stay and hope for points?

Unless you booked those for a reason (other than to collect aeroplan miles) I would say cancel the reservation and move on. Hope for points is probably futile if your fact pattern falls outside the updated T&C they (recently) posted.

Btw, I am trying to access the official stmt above just now but the link is not valid. Also when I login to accor hotels, I couldn't see my points/nights (nor can I make booking with points). Anyone knows what's going on? Maybe (or more like hopefully) they are fixing this as we speak (i.e. posting bonus points for stays that meet the updated T&C)? One can hope ...
Doubtful. Like 3 or 4 times in the last 2 weeks I've logged in and not seen my credentials. Points, etc.

And, I *do not* want to cancel because I want the points that I believe is fair under the circumstances i booked them under. Plus, a few of my reservations booked on 10-28 have already elapsed so I am expecting those bonus points... This is why I'm still posting here, mainly for that... But...

I now have stays booked before 10/27 that have posted with NO bonus points.

What a mess.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rivarix

there is also the issue that many of us, including me, could have booked the non-refundable advanced booking price.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:57 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
I now have stays booked before 10/27 that have posted with NO bonus points.

What a mess.
I have stays completed before 27 Oct that were posted into the wrong Accor Account. I finally managed to get the hotel to post it to the correct account, but the Bonus Points were not posted.

I wrote back to the hotel, and the hotel said they cannot do anything about it (and cannot even help to follow-up on my behalf to Le Club Accorhotels), and told me to seek Le Club Accorhotels directly.

I did forward my case to Amy, and she had replied in the main thread said that Customer Service will follow-up on all our cases. I intend to give CS a few more days to reach out to me, before writing to them again. An acknowledgement email will be nice to let me know that they are looking into this matter, instead of me being unsure if they are actually aware of such a case. I am sure those who are in the same shoes will appreciate such an acknowledgement.

The own handling of this promotion could be much better, even if they decided to end it early. I would think it would be quite chaotic to chase for bonus points for stays booked before 27 Oct and completed after 27 Oct 2014, since my stays completed even before 27 Oct is facing difficulties.

Those who booked from 28 Oct to 30 Oct 2014 without realising Accor had ended the promotion, and are on non-refundable rates, Accor should have a solution for them. (i.e. allow cancellation? Or something to show appreciation for support of their program as the news timeline for ending the program was uneven... remember there is no formal notification via email. I might have still seen it on 29 Oct on Aeroplan, and still booked on 30th, then saw Aeroplan having it removed by then)

It is entirely up to Accor to decide what sort of image they want to portray to the frequent flyers. I am looking to see how Accor manages this going forward, and if they can get the recovery right, I will still give Accor my business when they have good promotions.

[You do not want an image where, poor promotions, no one participates, good promotions, people do not believe Accor will honor it. ]
Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:58 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by tboons
there is also the issue that many of us, including me, could have booked the non-refundable advanced booking price.
If you book a prepaid rate, there is no way you can cancel it.

Remember the promo is at the le club not at the hotel level
Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:08 am

Another night booked before 10/27 posted without bonus....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.