Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Sofitel So Singapore [leaving Accor 28 Sept. 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel So Singapore [leaving Accor 28 Sept. 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
In view of my coming stay, I sent an e-mail asking about platinum benefits. Here is the answer I received and I'm a bit confused about it

Dear Mr Goldorak

Greetings from Sofitel So Singapore.

Thank you for your enquiry.

We are pleased to share with the list of benefits our Accor Advantage Plus Platinum member will enjoy when you are staying with us.

- Priority check in
- Complimentary room upgrade upon check – in
- Complimentary wifi usage

Below are the F&B discounts:

Xperience Restaurant & Bar (Ground floor)

Food Discounts:
1 guest – 25% 6 guest – 16.67%
2 guest – 50% 7 guest – 14.29%
3 guest – 33% 8 guest – 12.5%
4 guest – 25% 9 guest – 11.11%
5 guest – 20% 10 guest and more 10%

Beverage Discounts:
15% discount on beverage for parties up to 15 guest (flat discount)
10% discount on beverage for parties from 16 guest and more (flat discount)

Hi-So Bar (Level 6)

Food Discounts:
1 – 9 guest 20% discount (flat discount)
7 guest and above 10% (flat discount)

Beverage discount:

Up to 15 guest – 15% discount
16 guest and above – 10% discount

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
I'm not an Advantage plus member so I believe all those F&B discounts doesn't apply to me ? Also no mention of drink voucher and no mention of beverage credits mentioned on this forum to compensate for the lack of lounge

Any opinion from you guys ?
Thanks
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:08 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by Goldorak
In view of my coming stay, I sent an e-mail asking about platinum benefits. Here is the answer I received and I'm a bit confused about it

I'm not an Advantage plus member so I believe all those F&B discounts doesn't apply to me ? Also no mention of drink voucher and no mention of beverage credits mentioned on this forum to compensate for the lack of lounge

Thanks
Best to clarify again with the hotel, as I've posted previously your benefits could get "withdrawn" without anything on paper

The drinks voucher I received was for Xperince Bar (Lobby) and "exclusively for Silver, Gold & Platinum".
Old Jan 19, 2015, 3:07 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Thanks for this detailed review. I'm staying there in about 2 weeks. I hope my stay will be better !
Same here, will be there end of next week for a staycation.
Let's see...
Old Jan 19, 2015, 5:58 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
What are they normally like at posting points? I stayed a week ago, and zip in my account (although I have had the thanks for staying emails etc....)
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:12 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
will be having a staycation this weekend at Sofitel SO. Hopefully they will have some benefits in lieu of an executive lounge.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Same here, will be there end of next week for a staycation.
Let's see...
Originally Posted by BBxCoreb
will be having a staycation this weekend at Sofitel SO. Hopefully they will have some benefits in lieu of an executive lounge.
Waiting for your reports
Old Jan 24, 2015, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by wantan
Best to clarify again with the hotel, as I've posted previously your benefits could get "withdrawn" without anything on paper

The drinks voucher I received was for Xperince Bar (Lobby) and "exclusively for Silver, Gold & Platinum".
I have sent an enquiry back saying that I was not an Advantage Plus member. Here is the answer I received :

Dear Mr Goldorak
Thank you for your email.
My apologies on the wrong term used.
We are pleased to highlight to you that the benefits for stated below also applies for LeClub Accorhotel Platinum member.
So now, paging gilbertaue and BBxCoreb for their feedback after staying there
Old Jan 24, 2015, 6:41 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
am staying there now. Given a double upgrade from So Cosy room to the room in the heritage wing. Given a welcome drink & a afternoon tea set (some cookies, marshmellow and 2 drinks). Nothing else from the hotel. I asked discreetly for any amenities in absence of the lounge but they said they are operating as a boutique hotel hence no lounge & no additional amenities offered. Looking forward to breakfast tomorrow, hopefully the spread is good. The room wise is around 40sqm, narrow but long, bathtub, rainfall shower. Room is operated by ipad & iphone, pretty nice decor. Full review & photos up in a week or two time.

Would expect some f&b credit or complimentary drinks voucher for the bar in absence of the bar. Abit disappointed i would say. but maybe i had a different expectation for this property. The stay i had @ Sofitel Nusa Dua was quite different & service was top notch almost at every aspect.

Hope this is helpful for other platinums =)
Old Jan 24, 2015, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

am staying there now. Given a double upgrade from So Cosy room to the room in the heritage wing. Given a welcome drink & a afternoon tea set (some cookies, marshmellow and 2 drinks). Nothing else from the hotel. I asked discreetly for any amenities in absence of the lounge but they said they are operating as a boutique hotel hence no lounge & no additional amenities offered. Looking forward to breakfast tomorrow, hopefully the spread is good. The room wise is around 40sqm, narrow but long, bathtub, rainfall shower. Room is operated by ipad & iphone, pretty nice decor. Full review & photos up in a week or two time.

Would expect some f&b credit or complimentary drinks voucher for the bar in absence of the bar. Abit disappointed i would say. but maybe i had a different expectation for this property. The stay i had @ Sofitel Nusa Dua was quite different & service was top notch almost at every aspect.

Hope this is helpful for other platinums =)
Thanks for the live information
Did they mention to you the F&B discounts they spoke about in the e-mail I copied above ?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 6:06 pm

Thanks for the live information
Did they mention to you the F&B discounts they spoke about in the e-mail I copied above ?
nah, no discounts whatsoever. so only benefits receive was a welcome drink, afternoon tea set, upgrade & a late check out.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 9:29 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Ah, didn't realize the cookies, marshmallows etc was an "afternoon tea" set. Did your drink come in mini beakers ? Mine was uncovered so didnt want to risk tasting it ...

Breakfast is adequate (hot+cold food & egg station) but nothing like the spread at other 4/5-star hotels in Singapore. What was particularly disappointing was the mediocre/low quality of food ... one would think they would put more effort into it with an already limited selection. ie: no fresh juice, stale bread, overcooked bacon etc ...
Old Jan 24, 2015, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by wantan
Ah, didn't realize the cookies, marshmallows etc was an "afternoon tea" set. Did your drink come in mini beakers ? Mine was uncovered so didnt want to risk tasting it ...

Breakfast is adequate (hot+cold food & egg station) but nothing like the spread at other 4/5-star hotels in Singapore. What was particularly disappointing was the mediocre/low quality of food ... one would think they would put more effort into it with an already limited selection. ie: no fresh juice, stale bread, overcooked bacon etc ...
Breakfast is pretty disappointing. Even Intercontinental Singapore's club lounge has better spread. I think even Holiday Inn Atrium/PARKROYAL Beach Road has better spread then this property. Precisely, I would not complain if the quality>quantity but its just normal & nothing to shout about.

No my drink's did not come in mini beakers, oops!. Oh ya, i had only 1 cookie out of the 4 in the box and when the staff came for turndown, they removed my cookies! It was meant to be supper =(

If this is the brand standard for a Sofitel So. I would be greatly disappointed.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

nah, no discounts whatsoever. so only benefits receive was a welcome drink, afternoon tea set, upgrade & a late check out.
OK. I'll make sure I come with a printout of the e-mail.

If this is the brand standard for a Sofitel So. I would be greatly disappointed.
I don't think So
Give a try to the BKK one.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:21 am

OK. I'll make sure I come with a printout of the e-mail.

I don't think So
Give a try to the BKK one.
Will try out the Sofitel SO at Bangkok. However given the many properties there are in Bangkok which seeks to impress you with their elite treatment, lets hope the Sofitel SO is the place to be. The Sofitel SO Singapore did not leave a good taste in the month.

Hope both you and Gilbert will have a better stay experience next week.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I decided to avoid the Sofitel So. I've booked the Novotel for 2 nights and 1 night at the Roxy (Novotel not available at sale rate on my final night). At least the other options have lounges and as a Plat, that is a serious consideration when booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.