Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Sofitel So Singapore [leaving Accor 28 Sept. 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel So Singapore [leaving Accor 28 Sept. 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2014, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
I forgot to post their response from the hotel regarding lack of lounge. It took 10 days and 2 e-mails for a response. Here it is:

Dear Yorkboy24,

Greetings from Sofitel So Singapore! My sincerest apologies for the late reply on your feedback on our Club Lounge

We thank you for your email and your feedback to have a Club Lounge at Sofitel So Singapore

We have taken note of this and has highlighted it to our management for future consideration.

Sofitel So Singapore is housed in one of Singapore’s heritage conservation building, and we are limited on how the space can be utilized.

As a luxury boutique hotel, we strive to provide the best possible experience for our guests through our playlist of benefits for each room category. With six (6) different room categories, we offer different sizes of rooms including Suites that are 95sqm and added more benefits to the rate compared to other hotels’ club benefits.

We kindly seek your understanding on the matter.

We’d like to welcome you to stay at So in your next trip, and re-discover our carefully created hotel experience that makes a difference.

We will definitely look into this in the future and please do contact me for any further assistance

So kind regards,

Ms. Z
looks like a template reply to me.

i feedback about the lack of a club lounge as well. was the deciding factor for me. its strange to have a 'club' room without lounge.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 1:28 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Apparently less than 20% of Sofitels have clubs/lounges - I'm now not surprised. As Plats, we do get the F&B credit and the complementary Champagne with breakfast. Perfect before all-day meetings on Robinson Road!!
Old Jul 9, 2014, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Alawyer
Apparently less than 20% of Sofitels have clubs/lounges - I'm now not surprised. As Plats, we do get the F&B credit and the complementary Champagne with breakfast. Perfect before all-day meetings on Robinson Road!!
have u stayed recently and got the credit and breakfast?

i sent an email asking about platinum upgrades and the hotel was negative on this
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:30 am

I was so looking forward to the new Sofitel so as i have stayed in Sofitel So in Bkk, however to know there is no club lounge n tiny rooms, definitely a turn off for the price paid.

As for now no complimentary room for Advantage plus members
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:55 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Here a bit of a Heads Up.

Collegue of mine arrived in Singapore and I picked him up. Surprised when he mentioned the Sofitel (he's a Accor Plat too). Told him about no lounge, small rooms, etc. He booked a rate without breakfast and didnt believe me at first.

Lets say he typically requests things - in a nice but firm way - and normally gets it.

So the hotel, without much fuss, granted him free breakfast and he did not pay for any (normal) drinks in the hotel (be it rooftop or lobby lounge).

I guess they may have now introduced some flexibility to elite loyalty customers.

Regarding the room, he didnt have any issues apart from the fidgety electronics which sometimes work and sometimes dont.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 11:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Has anyone stayed here recently? It seems there have been very mixed reviews with at least 2 Accor Plats giving it the thumbs down on Tripadvisor for not honouring the Accor Platinum benefits. Any experiences or it better to go for the Novotel or Mercure?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Has anyone stayed here recently? It seems there have been very mixed reviews with at least 2 Accor Plats giving it the thumbs down on Tripadvisor for not honouring the Accor Platinum benefits. Any experiences or it better to go for the Novotel or Mercure?
I have a booking there next February, and will of course report here everything
Old Nov 9, 2014, 6:56 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Don't forget there is also the Singapore Resort & Spa Sentosa Managed by Accor
Old Nov 9, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: M&M 0*SEN (LH *G), TK *G, Accor Silver, HHonors Gold
I stayed in August. Even as Gold I got all the benefits I expected. Wrote about it here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...e.html#REVIEWS. All in all, not excellent experience but still great.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 7:29 pm

Thanks Goldorak - I'll look forward to it. I heard the Sofitel Sentosa doesn't have a lounge (can see one when attempting to book) so I doubt there'll be much in the way of Platinum recognition. As for Sofitel So, I heard that Plats are given breakfast and a daily credit to spend even if the lowest category room is booked, which, is apparently, very small and overpriced for its size.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:11 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
just booked a stay at Sofitel So Singapore in mid Jan. Any recent reports to share? I asked about plat benefits and was told upgrade/early check in and out is subject to availability, somewhat like a standard template. Question on absence of lounge was conveniently ignored.

Last edited by BBxCoreb; Jan 6, 2015 at 9:38 pm
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:30 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Booked a "SO URBAN ROOM" for 252SGD (thanks to 40% sale ! )

Room description is : Luxurious French-decadence and Singaporean-chic room with Sofitel MyBed, free daily breakfast, 2pc laundry, unlimited local calls and SGD 30 dining credit.

Any idea where is the best value to spend this SGD 30 ? And upon reading reviews on TR, what items are free in the mini bar ?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:05 pm

And can it be used after using the Advantage Plus card, i.e. roughly speaking, if I spend 60SGD and get 50% dining discount, it is like the Accor vouchers where the value will be calculated based on the discounted bill?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by wantan
Booked a "SO URBAN ROOM" for 252SGD (thanks to 40% sale ! )

Room description is : Luxurious French-decadence and Singaporean-chic room with Sofitel MyBed, free daily breakfast, 2pc laundry, unlimited local calls and SGD 30 dining credit.

Any idea where is the best value to spend this SGD 30 ? And upon reading reviews on TR, what items are free in the mini bar ?
Unpleasant check in experience, having to wait for the room despite arriving at 5pm. Staff then decided to "remove" my dining credit (citing management) when presenting the keys had to show the email which specifically stated the stay benefits as per-above. Room I signed for earlier was also different from what was given, and when questioned was blatantly lied to and told it was the exact same room ... thankfully the person was holding the form with room number on it which I pointed out.

No apology at all after all this, or even offered a pour of the "juice" beside the check in counter. Despite having at least 3 unoccupied staff just standing at the check in counter.

Didn't argue further about the room, until I arrived and found some of the amenities in poor condition, ie: cracked sink ....

Made a complain and was made to wait more than an hour until I politely pressed for a room change as at this point was rather unhappy considering it's a Sofitel after all.

Again staff were amendment hotel was full ... not a very convincing reason, considering I was able to go through with a 2 room booking for a SO Urban rate, ironically using the room's connected TV (which is very handy except for the horrible color calibration)

Finally moved, and nicely upgraded to a Lofty room. Much larger although without a tub. Finishing from room to room varies, as this Lofty had cupboards that didn't close properly and an iPad which crashed after every 5 or 6 button presses ... sending random lights on / off.

rooftop bar atmosphere is average but ONLY staff here are excellent and deserving of the Sofitel brand. This is probably the only reason I would step into this property again.

Breakfast selection weak, was expecting perhaps a cooked to order menu ala MGallery Hanoi which similarly has limited space. No such luck, having only a tiny selection of mediocre hot foods or juice from cartons Even the breads were less than tasty.

Charged for breakfast, despite room having come with it. Took this up with reception and finally got them to honor the rate + benefits which I had in black & white , including the dining credit.

Decided to use this credit for lunch, (not useable for room service). Surprised to see they only had a set lunch menu consisting of 2 or 3 courses, was told not possible to service room service menu in restaurant and was given bar menu instead which was similarly limited. Ended up with a 3 course, which was far below expectations.

To sum up, location and design makes this hotel interesting (but not quite special). Food and service is around 2-star standard, while cleanness & amenities are just about 5 star. Mixed feelings ... especially with so many more options around in S'pore.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by wantan
Unpleasant check in experience, having to wait for the room despite arriving at 5pm. Staff then decided to "remove" my dining credit (citing management) when presenting the keys had to show the email which specifically stated the stay benefits as per-above. Room I signed for earlier was also different from what was given, and when questioned was blatantly lied to and told it was the exact same room ... thankfully the person was holding the form with room number on it which I pointed out.

No apology at all after all this, or even offered a pour of the "juice" beside the check in counter. Despite having at least 3 unoccupied staff just standing at the check in counter.

Didn't argue further about the room, until I arrived and found some of the amenities in poor condition, ie: cracked sink ....

Made a complain and was made to wait more than an hour until I politely pressed for a room change as at this point was rather unhappy considering it's a Sofitel after all.

Again staff were amendment hotel was full ... not a very convincing reason, considering I was able to go through with a 2 room booking for a SO Urban rate, ironically using the room's connected TV (which is very handy except for the horrible color calibration)

Finally moved, and nicely upgraded to a Lofty room. Much larger although without a tub. Finishing from room to room varies, as this Lofty had cupboards that didn't close properly and an iPad which crashed after every 5 or 6 button presses ... sending random lights on / off.

rooftop bar atmosphere is average but ONLY staff here are excellent and deserving of the Sofitel brand. This is probably the only reason I would step into this property again.

Breakfast selection weak, was expecting perhaps a cooked to order menu ala MGallery Hanoi which similarly has limited space. No such luck, having only a tiny selection of mediocre hot foods or juice from cartons Even the breads were less than tasty.

Charged for breakfast, despite room having come with it. Took this up with reception and finally got them to honor the rate + benefits which I had in black & white , including the dining credit.

Decided to use this credit for lunch, (not useable for room service). Surprised to see they only had a set lunch menu consisting of 2 or 3 courses, was told not possible to service room service menu in restaurant and was given bar menu instead which was similarly limited. Ended up with a 3 course, which was far below expectations.

To sum up, location and design makes this hotel interesting (but not quite special). Food and service is around 2-star standard, while cleanness & amenities are just about 5 star. Mixed feelings ... especially with so many more options around in S'pore.
Thanks for this detailed review. I'm staying there in about 2 weeks. I hope my stay will be better !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.