FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Sofitel So Singapore [leaving Accor 28 Sept. 2022] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1432948-sofitel-so-singapore-leaving-accor-28-sept-2022-a.html)

starflyergold Jan 29, 2013 12:29 am

Sofitel So Singapore [leaving Accor 28 Sept. 2022]

The new Sofitel So Singapore is scheduled to open 1 July 2013.

On Asia One:

As part of its expansion into Asia, luxury hotel chain Sofitel has commissioned fashion’s most famous polymath Karl Largerfeld to design the emblem of its new Sofitel So Singapore hotel.

According to Sofitel, the new emblem will “symbolise the hotel’s new and original style, unique to Sofitel So Singapore, and appear on a range of exclusive objects available for clients during their stay”.

Everyone in the fashion industry knows who Karl Lagerfeld is; and practically everyone who’s not involved in the industry is also aware that the “Kaiser” as he’s known is a living fashion and design legend.

“I am very proud to announce this inspirational collaboration, which is a perfect illustration of Sofitel Luxury Hotels’ ambitions with regard to excellence and elegance. His exceptional creativity and talent will confer on our emblem the ultimate touch of refinement and enhance our concept,” said Robert Gaymer-Jones, CEO of Sofitel Luxury on the partnership with Largerfeld who is currently the chief creative director for Chanel and Fendi among many other positions......
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBwpUfwCYAAL5cL.jpg:large

Sofitel So Singapore

RJ77 Jan 29, 2013 12:55 am

Looking forward to it. I hope they found a way to add a pool at the property.

starflyergold Jan 29, 2013 12:59 am

Originally Posted by RJ77 (Post 20144068)
Looking forward to it. I hope they found a way to add a pool at the property.

You are in luck, this is what CNN had to say:

If the Bangkok property's anything to go by, the Sofitel So Singapore's rooftop bar and swimming pool will soon be swarming with the city's beautiful and hip.
:D

RJ77 Jan 29, 2013 1:10 am

Fingers crossed. Absolutely no mention of it on their website though.:eek:

Passed by it a few times. I'd imagine it will have small intimate lobby which I like, very European in feel.

LipSeng Jan 29, 2013 1:13 am

Can't seems to view the rates for now.
Wonder how much would it cost per night

lcpteck Jan 29, 2013 6:31 am

Originally Posted by LipSeng (Post 20144125)
Can't seems to view the rates for now.
Wonder how much would it cost per night

Like all the hotels in Singapore, certainly expensive. My guess is S$350 and above.

RJ77 Jan 29, 2013 8:59 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 20144965)
Like all the hotels in Singapore, certainly expensive. My guess is S$350 and above.

Very likely so. With the small inventory of rooms and the catchment area filled with office buildings. It will be well patronized by the corporate types.

nicolas75 Jan 29, 2013 3:28 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/le-cl...pore-kiev.html

gilbertaue Jan 31, 2013 8:36 pm

Finally a Accor property in town where using the advantage card for a meal will be useful and (hopefully) worth it.

scubainstructor87 Feb 13, 2013 1:32 am

I think its gonna be a great hotel in a great location!
Looking forward!

nicolas75 Feb 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold (Post 20144021)
The new Sofitel So Singapore is scheduled to open 1 July 2013.

As part of its expansion into Asia, luxury hotel chain Sofitel has commissioned fashion’s most famous polymath Karl Largerfeld to design the emblem of its new Sofitel So Singapore hotel.

Well, the hotel will be indeed designed by Miaja, which can do some pretty good job (Taj Fisherman’s Cove, Radisson Blue Dubai) and not so good one (So kitsch;) Sofitel Mumbai)

luv_flying Feb 18, 2013 7:45 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue (Post 20163565)
Finally a Accor property in town where using the advantage card for a meal will be useful and (hopefully) worth it.

My previous experience with Sofitel SO Bangkok was that they will not honour the usual discount. Instead, they only gave 20% discount.

gilbertaue Feb 20, 2013 2:50 am

Originally Posted by luv_flying (Post 20269427)
My previous experience with Sofitel SO Bangkok was that they will not honour the usual discount. Instead, they only gave 20% discount.

Is that mentioned anywhere in the Advantage T&Cs?

Jamjaw Feb 20, 2013 3:32 am

Any idea when bookings may open on this? I get no availability all year round!

gilbertaue Feb 21, 2013 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue (Post 20281761)
Is that mentioned anywhere in the Advantage T&Cs?

I contacted Advantage Plus and got my question answered. Seems that the new So Singapore will follow in the footsteps of So Bangkok: 20% on meals only. However that may change. Person I spoke to said it all depends on the hotel management... :confused: