Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Sofitel So Singapore [leaving Accor 28 Sept. 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel So Singapore [leaving Accor 28 Sept. 2022]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2014, 12:54 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Alawyer
If you're thinking of the Singapore Resort/Spa on Sentosa managed by Accor, it isn't a Sofitel till next year I think. And I think there is a carveout from the programme so no Platinum privileges there!
There was a question whether the Sentosa hotel is participating or not in Le Club, Accor since have confirmed that it is.
Old May 31, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Awesom Andy
That doesn't sound very good, considering it's opening in 4 days time. I think I'm deciding against forking out $500+ SGD to be the first person staying in one of the club rooms.
Should be open by now. I passed by last Friday. Looks they are ready for soft opening.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Hi guys, the Sofitel So Singapore is now open for business. The Lofty Suites seem pretty cool but I'm only going down to check it out for myself next month or so.

More details on my website: http://www.theshutterwhale.com/blog/...l-so-singapore
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by markcwj
Hi guys, the Sofitel So Singapore is now open for business. The Lofty Suites seem pretty cool but I'm only going down to check it out for myself next month or so.

More details on my website: http://www.theshutterwhale.com/blog/...l-so-singapore
yes it is finally open on 31-May. I visited the hotel yesterday and talk to the chief concierge. It is a nice hotel. But I feel the lobby is a bit too busy.

The Suites are on the "original" building, called the So Heritage Wing. While the smaller room at the extension building which is newly build and facing the back alley (which is also their main entrance actually).

BTW, if I listen correctly, the chief concierge said the pool bar will only open next month - just take a note of this if you plan to stay there.

Last edited by lingua101; Jun 2, 2014 at 9:26 pm
Old Jun 3, 2014, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle

Not exactly my cup of tea in terms of interior design.
The Crowne Plaza Changi airport, despite having been built 3 years ago, is much nicer:
http://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotel...l/photos-tours

+ how a new luxury hotel can offer 25sqm room?
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:52 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Not exactly my cup of tea in terms of interior design.
The Crowne Plaza Changi airport, despite having been built 3 years ago, is much nicer:
http://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotel...l/photos-tours

+ how a new luxury hotel can offer 25sqm room?
I feel the same way to be honest. A 25 sqm with no bathtub for that price tag is definitely too high.

The Crowne Plaza in Singapore is amongst my favourite hotels in Singapore. Love the Club rooms with direct pool access!!!

http://www.theshutterwhale.com/blog/...ort-staycation
Old Jun 5, 2014, 4:29 am

I feel the same way to be honest. A 25 sqm with no bathtub for that price tag is definitely too high.
I was told some room is only 22 sqm. I agreed even at 25sqm is simply too small for a luxury hotel. The BAR rate for standard room is SGD 348 (SGD 375 net) and the best rate (prepaid) at SGD278.40 (SGD 299.84), I found this hotel is a bit over priced.

Perhaps we will see the rate comes down in few months time, at least the prepaid rate?
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by nicolas75
how a new luxury hotel can offer 25sqm room?
Originally Posted by lingua101
I was told some room is only 22 sqm. I agreed even at 25sqm is simply too small for a luxury hotel. The BAR rate for standard room is SGD 348 (SGD 375 net) and the best rate (prepaid) at SGD278.40 (SGD 299.84), I found this hotel is a bit over priced.

Perhaps we will see the rate comes down in few months time, at least the prepaid rate?
I agree. Add to this the lack of club lounge. And So is supposed to be the top of the top in Sofitel (along with Legend)...so hardly understandable, especially in Singapore where a lot of credible alternatives are available.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I agree. Add to this the lack of club lounge. And So is supposed to be the top of the top in Sofitel (along with Legend)...so hardly understandable, especially in Singapore where a lot of credible alternatives are available.
is Sofitel So is really be the top of the top? I thought it is more like "boutique" style and "fun" hotel, may be similar to W?
Old Jun 6, 2014, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by lingua101
is Sofitel So is really be the top of the top? I thought it is more like "boutique" style and "fun" hotel, may be similar to W?
you are correct and may be the "top of the top" is exaggerated but it's clearly a top sub-brand often sold at a higher price than other Sofitels. Look at how much they are charging at Sofitel So Mauritius compared to the other "regular" Sofitel Imperial Mauritius (which is very nice BTW )
Old Jun 6, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by Goldorak
you are correct and may be the "top of the top" is exaggerated but it's clearly a top sub-brand often sold at a higher price than other Sofitels. Look at how much they are charging at Sofitel So Mauritius compared to the other "regular" Sofitel Imperial Mauritius (which is very nice BTW )
In Bangkok the reverse is true...with the SO usually having slightly lower rates than the "regular" Sofitel. Both are new, very nice hotels.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I also sent an e-mail of complaint about the lack of Platinum benefits especially with no lounge. Will let you know if I get a response.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 9:50 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
I also sent an e-mail of complaint about the lack of Platinum benefits especially with no lounge. Will let you know if I get a response.
If more of us do that we might evoke change?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I forgot to post their response from the hotel regarding lack of lounge. It took 10 days and 2 e-mails for a response. Here it is:

Dear Yorkboy24,

Greetings from Sofitel So Singapore! My sincerest apologies for the late reply on your feedback on our Club Lounge

We thank you for your email and your feedback to have a Club Lounge at Sofitel So Singapore

We have taken note of this and has highlighted it to our management for future consideration.

Sofitel So Singapore is housed in one of Singapore’s heritage conservation building, and we are limited on how the space can be utilized.

As a luxury boutique hotel, we strive to provide the best possible experience for our guests through our playlist of benefits for each room category. With six (6) different room categories, we offer different sizes of rooms including Suites that are 95sqm and added more benefits to the rate compared to other hotels’ club benefits.

We kindly seek your understanding on the matter.

We’d like to welcome you to stay at So in your next trip, and re-discover our carefully created hotel experience that makes a difference.

We will definitely look into this in the future and please do contact me for any further assistance

So kind regards,

Ms. Z
Old Jul 7, 2014, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

I discussed the lack of club lounge at this hotel with some Accor people I met recently with and they told me the main reason was the "low" number of rooms in this hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.