Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Sofitel So Singapore [leaving Accor 28 Sept. 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel So Singapore [leaving Accor 28 Sept. 2022]

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2014, 6:21 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by starflyergold

LOL love it when someone does their research!
But I am missing some numbers.. So whoever stays in the higher tier rooms, I'd appreciate if they take along a measuring tape and edit the missing ceiling heights. LOL
Old May 15, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
The (very enthusiastic) So team member did catch my disappointment about the absence of a lounge and pointed out that Platinum members will get F&B credit for use in their So Bar. I did wonder if SGD 30 will cover my thirst after a long day. On the day before elections (no alcohol served after 6pm), I must have drank the So lounge in Bangkok dry.

As a consolation, Sofitel So Singapore will serve champagne with your breakfast. Who needs to be sober for a conference at Marina Sands anyway?
Old May 15, 2014, 7:27 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Originally Posted by Alawyer
The (very enthusiastic) So team member did catch my disappointment about the absence of a lounge and pointed out that Platinum members will get F&B credit for use in their So Bar. I did wonder if SGD 30 will cover my thirst after a long day. On the day before elections (no alcohol served after 6pm), I must have drank the So lounge in Bangkok dry.

As a consolation, Sofitel So Singapore will serve champagne with your breakfast. Who needs to be sober for a conference at Marina Sands anyway?
So is that the only benefit (30SGD) for Plats in lieu of the Club Lounge?
Anything else like laundry credits?

It is really a whole lot of difference without a So club lounge.
I wish they do a whole day free non-alcoholic drinks (from a set menu) in their So Bar, and a happy hour from 5-8pm which include alcoholic drinks (from a set menu for Plats). This is in line with what Sheraton Miyako Tokyo does for their Plats in lieu of a club lounge, and I am totally fine with such alternative arrangements. On the other hand, 30SGD may not even get you 2 free drinks once you include service charge and taxes!
Old May 15, 2014, 9:09 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ZenWorld
So is that the only benefit (30SGD) for Plats in lieu of the Club Lounge?
Anything else like laundry credits?

It is really a whole lot of difference without a So club lounge.
I wish they do a whole day free non-alcoholic drinks (from a set menu) in their So Bar, and a happy hour from 5-8pm which include alcoholic drinks (from a set menu for Plats). This is in line with what Sheraton Miyako Tokyo does for their Plats in lieu of a club lounge, and I am totally fine with such alternative arrangements. On the other hand, 30SGD may not even get you 2 free drinks once you include service charge and taxes!
I've just shot off a message to the SO Sofitel. Lets see what comes back. I put the emphasis on additional benefits for Gold/Plat.

Rgds
Old May 19, 2014, 7:01 am

Sofitel So Singapore

So following my specific question on benefits for fold/plat as there is no exec lounge, I got this reply:

[quote]
Hi gilbertaue,

Thank you So much for getting in touch with us!

Additional benefits for Le Club Accorhotels members at Sofitel So Singapore include:

• Late check-out or early check-in, upon availability
• Room upgrade, upon availability
• Last room availability, from D-3 (gold) to D-2 (platinum) before arrival

Please do let us know if there is anything further we can assist you with.

Have a lovely day [unquote]

... So I asked again. Seems they are aware of their lack of a lounge and are trying to avoid the question.

Last edited by gilbertaue; May 19, 2014 at 7:12 am
Old May 19, 2014, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
... So I asked again. Seems they are aware of their lack of a lounge and are trying to avoid the question.
Thank you for your perseverance
Old May 25, 2014, 6:39 pm

So perseverance... did not pay off. The response:

[quote]

Hi gilbertaue,

We are So sorry for our late reply.

The list of benefits for Le Club Accorhotels members staying at Sofitel So Singapore is as per our previous message.

Have a fantastic day ahead! [unquote]
Old May 25, 2014, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
So perseverance... did not pay off. The response:

Hi gilbertaue,

We are So sorry for our late reply.

The list of benefits for Le Club Accorhotels members staying at Sofitel So Singapore is as per our previous message.

Have a fantastic day ahead!
Nice try Gilbertaue - guess I'll be booking somewhere else that trip!
Old May 26, 2014, 2:14 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I passed by the hotel. The lobby looks very busy (i.e too many stuffs there). I hope this will not be the final decor
Old May 27, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by lingua101
I passed by the hotel. The lobby looks very busy (i.e too many stuffs there). I hope this will not be the final decor
That doesn't sound very good, considering it's opening in 4 days time. I think I'm deciding against forking out $500+ SGD to be the first person staying in one of the club rooms.
Old May 27, 2014, 8:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
If there's no club lounge in a Sofitel So and for the rate being charged, it's better to stay away and choose an alternative. If the other Sofitel (Sentosa?) has a lounge, that'll be my choice. I'm surprised management haven't considered this.
Old May 27, 2014, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
If there's no club lounge in a Sofitel So and for the rate being charged, it's better to stay away and choose an alternative.
InterContinental Singapore has a very nice lounge ... and great Presidential suite (stunning Royal Ambassador upgrade^)

https://www.google.fr/url?q=http://w...dlCEaZASB0dDqQ
Old May 27, 2014, 11:07 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
If there's no club lounge in a Sofitel So and for the rate being charged, it's better to stay away and choose an alternative. If the other Sofitel (Sentosa?) has a lounge, that'll be my choice. I'm surprised management haven't considered this.
Opening a Sofitel in Asia without a lounge appears to be rather foolish.
Old May 28, 2014, 8:43 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Opening a Sofitel in Asia without a lounge appears to be rather foolish.
I agree. I was very impressed with Sofitel So Bangkok's Club Lounge and thought it was a fantastic selling point for Accor to compete with the other major chains.

I do not know how are they going to compete in Singapore without the Club Lounge, given the competitive hotels available in Singapore. Westin is just next door, and they have a nice Club Lounge.

Let's see what they do after they are fully open and see if they will do something extra for Accor Elites.

I would say Novotel Singapore or even Grand Mercure Singapore are better value options for Accor Elites, given that they are much cheaper, and both have Club Lounges.
Old May 28, 2014, 9:32 pm

If you're thinking of the Singapore Resort/Spa on Sentosa managed by Accor, it isn't a Sofitel till next year I think. And I think there is a carveout from the programme so no Platinum privileges there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.