Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Pacific Rim

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2010, 5:48 pm

Programs: AC SE
Their argument is the room was out of service. Which in my mind means give me a better option or the least worst. Instead my mother received no suite but rather a deluxe room. I too felt as though this should be escalated but in the end I had to escalate to the GM at this property on a previous stay, and instead of the phone calls and letters I will spend my money elsewhere. I know the FAF rates can be loss leaders but on my last stay at the springs I spent $3500 in the Banffshire club so the rate gets me in the door.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 7:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 300rwhp
Their argument is the room was out of service. Which in my mind means give me a better option or the least worst. Instead my mother received no suite but rather a deluxe room. I too felt as though this should be escalated but in the end I had to escalate to the GM at this property on a previous stay, and instead of the phone calls and letters I will spend my money elsewhere. I know the FAF rates can be loss leaders but on my last stay at the springs I spent $3500 in the Banffshire club so the rate gets me in the door.
Maybe the room was out of service.. they did offer a complimentary night and an upgrade to deluxe.. heading in the right direction. I would get on the phone and talk to someone on the line until it gets resolved.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Aug 22, 2010 at 8:07 pm
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Does anyone know what the "local welcome amenity" for Plats is at the Pacific Rim?

Thank´s!
Old Sep 21, 2010, 9:52 am

Programs: AC SE
amenity is water with a plate of caramel corn , fresh fruit and candied almonds.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by 300rwhp
amenity is water with a plate of caramel corn , fresh fruit and candied almonds.
Stale Popcorn, 4 grapes(Only part I eat) and very sticky almonds.
I would ask for something other then local if I were you. For some reason at this hotel I never eat my amenity and the cleaning staff just let it sit there for days...
Old Sep 26, 2010, 6:18 pm

I used my visa infinite card to book a harbour view suite at the pacific rim in october... I then saw a non-refundable rate for the same suite for around $400 cheaper (total for a 3 night stay) so was considering booking that way... does anybody know what the "VIP" guest status entails (as per visa infinite's hotel program)?? If I booked the harbour view suite with my credit card, what room would I be upgraded to at checkin? Also, does anybody have photos of the harbour view suite??
Old Sep 29, 2010, 6:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rufjat
I used my visa infinite card to book a harbour view suite at the pacific rim in october... I then saw a non-refundable rate for the same suite for around $400 cheaper (total for a 3 night stay) so was considering booking that way... does anybody know what the "VIP" guest status entails (as per visa infinite's hotel program)?? If I booked the harbour view suite with my credit card, what room would I be upgraded to at checkin? Also, does anybody have photos of the harbour view suite??
I've got the Visa Infinite card as well, but actually didn't know about the VIP program (now having used it on 3 or 4 stays already). Usually, its only a one category upgrade, but we shall find out soon enough I guess.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 3:58 pm

i managed to find the harbour mountain suite for the same price as the harbour suite, on the visa website so i booked that one instead. ill let you know if/what i get upgraded to. i hope im not disappointed!
Old Oct 9, 2010, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i managed to find the harbour mountain suite for the same price as the harbour suite, on the visa website so i booked that one instead. ill let you know if/what i get upgraded to. i hope im not disappointed!
IMO theres no big difference between the harbour mountain view suite and the harbour view suite, both are very nice one bedroom suites with a nice view, the only difference is that some have privat patios/balconies and some don´t.

Enjoy your stay!

P.S. I´m just staying at the Pacific Rim and am having a great time (my third stay here this year). This property definitely is one of my favourite Fairmont properties!
Old Oct 10, 2010, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
IMO theres no big difference between the harbour mountain view suite and the harbour view suite, both are very nice one bedroom suites with a nice view, the only difference is that some have privat patios/balconies and some don´t.

Enjoy your stay!

P.S. I´m just staying at the Pacific Rim and am having a great time (my third stay here this year). This property definitely is one of my favourite Fairmont properties!
Glad to hear! Do you think if I called the hotel a few days in advance to request a room with a balcony, they'd be accomodating?
Old Oct 10, 2010, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Glad to hear! Do you think if I called the hotel a few days in advance to request a room with a balcony, they'd be accomodating?
As you´re paying for a suite, you could ask nicely to see whether they have a suite with a patio/balcony available.

Also, occupancy in Oct./Nov. shouldn´t be as high as in the summer so you may be successful.

----------

On a related note, if you were using upgrade certs:

There are only very few rooms with a patio/balcony (called "signature rooms"), upgrading to those is very hard if not impossible.

You may have a chance to upgrade to a suite with a balcony/patio when using a suite upgrade cert (I think there´s only one type of suite with a patio that is eligible for upgrades after their current rebranding of suites.)
Old Oct 10, 2010, 8:27 pm

despite it being october, the hotel is actually nearly fully booked (i think a couple of gold rooms and signature suites left)... there is a conference going on in vancouver next weekend (at least 1) which has completely booked the majority of hotels in downtown van next weekend (im actually attending for this conference)
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:07 pm

Hey rufjat -- did you ended up staying here via the Visa Infinite program? Did you find out what the "VIP status" entails for this property?
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by quank
Hey rufjat -- did you ended up staying here via the Visa Infinite program? Did you find out what the "VIP status" entails for this property?
I've got the Visa Infinite as well.. so there's VIP status offered with it? Interesting..
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I've got the Visa Infinite as well.. so there's VIP status offered with it? Interesting..
Go to this link: https://visainfinite.ca/home.do?action=logout
  • Pick your card
  • My RBC Avion requires the first 8 digits to log in
  • There is all kinds of stuff in there but look for the travel/hotel and the "Luxury Hotel Collection"
  • Think you get stuff like breakfast, potentially an F&B voucher and potentially an upgrade

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.