Fairmont Pacific Rim

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2010, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Gold,, Marriott Plat
I'm thinking $26, oh and I forgot to mention the pastries
Old May 30, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: A3*G, AP Basic, FPC Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ricski64
We are currently on the last morning of a 5 night stay here in room 1106 and have to tell about our room. Used a suite upgrade and our room faces the convention centre just high enough to see over the centre and a great view over looking the pool area to one side and of course the jaw-dropping chairmans suite. The suite is beautiful. 1 four piece ensuite and 1 three piece off the sitting room, large dining area and large master and good sized balcony.

As stated in other threads..the lights are confusing, but I've given in to tapping the top led to illuminate the room then worked my way down. I think most feel they are malfunctioning because there is a delay before they turn on/off.

Have done breakfast buffet 3 times (maybe 4th this am) and it has a great selection of bacon, pork or turkey sausage, omlet station, scrambled or boiled egg, pancake, french toast, eggs benny, fresh sliced fruit, yogurt parfait, toasts, cereals and fresh juices.

Sushi bar in the lounge is good too !!!

Another good sushi restaraunt is located across the street called MIKU. We sat at the sushi bar and chatted with Kazuhiro (the chef) while he prepared dishes, some of which he adds a twist of smoke flavour with a piece of wood and propane torch !! Bring your wallet though $$$$ !!!!

Will definitly return to this property
I wonder if this is the room they are moving me to? They said it was on the 11th floor and that the people in it were checking out today! I hope so by the sound of your review
Old May 30, 2010, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold,, Marriott Plat
Hope you are so lucky. We'll be out at 1 pm
Old May 30, 2010, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Sounds pretty nice, is that a Poolview Suite (800sq. ft. King) you´re staying in?
1106 is a signature suite... I think around 1200 sq ft.

As for resto reviews in the hotel a few earlier posts in this thread will help you out.

I'm staying here in a couple weeks and look forward to another Pacific Rim experience. As for the lights I seem to have no problem with them.
Old May 30, 2010, 9:38 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Sounds pretty nice, is that a Poolview Suite (800sq. ft. King) you´re staying in?
I think the poolview room and suites are only on floors 6,7 and 8. They formed a U around the pool, and its only 3 floors high on the west and south sides, and the tower is on the east side. North side is open to the convention centre.

I was on floor 7 and could really only see the convention centre and Canada Place.
Old May 31, 2010, 1:41 am

As a follow up to my earlier postings...I would like to say that Fairmont has come through!!

A special thanks to Dewi (Senior Assitant Front Office Manager) who went out of her way to make things right!!

This is the type of service that makes Fairmont special^
Old Jun 2, 2010, 11:20 am

Pool Open

I can confirm that the pool opened yesterday (June 1st). The whole pool area looks amazing...now only if it would stop raining, warm up, and the sun come I would actually use it
Old Jun 7, 2010, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by epost77
I can confirm that the pool opened yesterday (June 1st). The whole pool area looks amazing...now only if it would stop raining, warm up, and the sun come I would actually use it
Did you get to use the pool? If so how were the cabanas and drink service?
Old Jun 8, 2010, 2:16 pm

Looks greats...

Originally Posted by kokinos
Did you get to use the pool? If so how were the cabanas and drink service?
Did not use the pool as the weather was cool and rainy but the cabanas looked very nice. I hope the next time I'm there the weather is better and I'll use both.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 6:07 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
The hotel is overall nice. And now the pool is open.

There is one detail that really takes away from the building though. And that is the 7 foot ceilings everywhere (except the main lobby). I will probably use the other Vancouver Fairmonts more because of that. It just feels too closed in.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 7:39 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Report on My Recent Stay at Fairmont Pacific Rim

Just completed a 3 night stay at the Fairmont Pacific Rim (FPR) in Vancouver.

I was attending a conference at the Marriot Renaissance just down the street, but found a great F&F rate at the FPR so stayed there instead.

Took the Skytrain from the airport right down to the waterfront, just a couple blocks from the FPR. Could not have been an easier transfer. So civilized, clean, and rapid. very little wait trains come along every few minutes. Cost was just a few dollars. Was great. Wish we had that in Toronto!!

Check-in was very fast. I didn't see any President's Club check-n desk, but it didnt matter. The hotel lobby was spectacular. Very sophisticated glitz, if I can call it that. Lively crowd and buzz in the lobby restaurant. Business people combined with ;more beautiful people'.

I had booked a pool view room. It was on the 6th floor (#632). It was quite a walk to the room from the elevator, especially since one elevator bank that was closer appeared to be out of service. Nevertheless, was pleasantly surprised by the room. Expansive marble clad bathroom with separate glass shower with rainshower showerhead. Subdued beige tones throughout. Pot lights, which is rare for hotels. Electronic lighting control with various cool settings like 'welcome', 'relax' 'groom', and of course, 'off'. Automatic/electronic drapes. Huge LCD TV, mustve been 42 or 46, but the highlight of the TV, aside from excellent picture quality and wide variety of channels, was the excellent sound system. There was a meter long auxillary speaker below the TV which made the TV audio sooo clear. This was the first time I had experienced such good clear sound from a hotel TV.

Nespresso machine with 3 different varieties of coffee, at no charge. Well stocked mini bar and snacks, with prices that were very reasonable. For example, only $2.50 for a can of diet coke, and opnly $6 for a large bag of poppycock. At other hotels, including other Fairmonts, the price for these items could be double or more.

Lots of fresh towels, two fluffy and thick bathrobes, and even two sets of slippers (black and white).

But the highlight of this room, was the "pool view". This is actually a misnomer because what I had was in fact more than a view. I had a large patio whcih you enter through large sliding glass doors from the room. On the patio was a large and impressive modern gas fireplace, and a small patio table and two chairs. And there was a small iron gate the once opened allowed you to actually step right onto the pool deck. That's right, the pool was accessible directly from the room. On the pool deck there were beautiful cabanas, tv's, towels, bar service, fireplaces, and a jacuzzi. It was kind of like the W hotel pool in LA. Very chic and pleasant. Of course the weather is not exactly the same....was overcast for most of the time...Made great use of the pool given its proximity, which I rarely do at hotels....With no trek whatsoever, it was a great way to start and end the day....

The hotel lobby food was very good. Had a great salad and nice sushi. Prices were high but not prohibitive.

Guest services were prompt when requesting a shaving kit, and extra bathrobe, etc.

Was offered a complimentary ride to Gotham steakhouse in one of the FPR's brand new BMW X5 or sedan. This was a great touch and a great ride. These cars, all in pearl white are parked out front of the hotel and sparkle and add some pizzaz to the hotel. Is a great service.

Loved the nespresso machine.

A couple of small errors on the FPR's part was that I only received turn down service on the first of three nights (a chocolate and bottle of water) and never received my daily newspaper. I have a feeling that they missed my room because it must've been so far from the elevator, but they did send the maid, so who knows why this happened.

In summary, I don't think it would be possible to have a better stay in a Vancouver hotel. It was spectacular from aesthetics to service to amenities. It was amongst my best hotel stays anywhere. I would recommend it without any hesitation and would only go back there if I returned to Vancouver.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by blueline7

In summary, I don't think it would be possible to have a better stay in a Vancouver hotel. It was spectacular from aesthetics to service to amenities. It was amongst my best hotel stays anywhere. I would recommend it without any hesitation and would only go back there if I returned to Vancouver.
I totally agree about this property. All my stays here have been memorable and I'm looking forward to a stay again in a couple weeks.

What time was the pool open till?
Old Jun 12, 2010, 5:22 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by kokinos
What time was the pool open till?
I meant to ask this question while I was there but never got around to it. If in a poolside room I guess you could say the pool and jacuzzi is 'always open'....I doubt security would agree though....
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by blueline7
I meant to ask this question while I was there but never got around to it. If in a poolside room I guess you could say the pool and jacuzzi is 'always open'....I doubt security would agree though....
I'll let us flyertalkers know shortly since I will most likely be staying here shortly
Old Jun 23, 2010, 8:28 pm

Just got back from a one night stay, but have to say this is an amazing property. There were three of us, so the room I originally booked couldn't take a cot, and we got put in a suite (2317) for an extra hundred bucks. It was awesome.

Grandfather got the bedroom with his own bathroom and a view of the cruise ship terminal. My dad got the pull out couch, and I was relegated to the cot in the dining room.

As part of the package (TA rate), I did a tour of the hotel, and can recommend to anyone room 1417 - regular Fairmont room, but on a corner, with the extra added feature of a bathroom with an old-fashioned tub, and wrap around windows.

The pool is nice, as is the hot tub, but it's cold when one gets out. Spa is huge, and the lobby entertainment is good as well.

All in all, short but sweet stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.