Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Pacific Rim

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2024, 7:18 pm

Programs: TK *G
Thanks for posting. While Pacific Rim is definitely one of the better if not the best Fairmont in Vancouver, I rarely find it justifies the price premium comparing to the other 2 downtown Fairmont properties, especially for premium rooms such as the ones on Gold floor. Unfortunately the service is not comparable to where it was 5 years ago because of reduced staffing and inexperienced staff, and this applies to pretty much the entire hospitality industry in Canada.
Eagle_traveler likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 9:57 am

We just wrapped up our 4 night stay, and I do have to say the pool was the highlight of the trip. It’s February and still pretty wintery, but the pool and hot tub are heated to such a comfortable temperature that swimming outside wasn’t a big deal. There are loungers and couches with fire pits and heat lamps to keep you cozy outside the pool — although the spots go quickly around 5-6:30 for the pre-dinner swim crowd. It thins out after 6:30.

You can also book the Nordic Spa experience for $39/person which gets you access to the sauna and the cold plunge pool. The facilities are all in the same area as the main pool so it’s not a separate private experience. IMO, it’s not really worth it because you can use the cold plunge and no one will say anything. Only worth it if you really want to use the sauna.

We didn’t use the $100USD F&B/spa credit so they just applied it to overages on our breakfast (they’re serious about the $60USD daily allowance) and gratuity. That’s perfect for us because there are so many great local restaurants that we didn’t want to have more than breakfast at the hotel.

As for the service, I think the majority of the staff tries really hard but maybe there’s a gap in training or experience. There was some outstanding service: Jackie at breakfast is so wonderful and made us feel very welcomed. The room service delivery person was amazing, and the housekeeping staff we encountered were great and very accommodating. We also had a great experience with the valet and bellhops — they’re the first and last people you see, and I love their energy. They’re a great first and last impression for the hotel.
PWMTrav and Eagle_traveler like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.