Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Pacific Rim

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by gizayabasu
So is there pretty much no availability for suite upgrades at Pacific Rim?

Would your recommend staying at Pacific Rim with a room upgrade vs. another Fairmont property in Vancouver with a suite upgrade?

Any recommendations on this?
Room upgrade at Pac Rim. You wont be dissapointed.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I've had multiple suite upgrades at the Pac Rim, but have also stayed in standard rooms. And I agree with CanuckFlyHigh - either one is the best Fairmont option in the city.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold

Would your recommend staying at Pacific Rim with a room upgrade vs. another Fairmont property in Vancouver with a suite upgrade?

Any recommendations on this?
Suite availability is tough to get at Pacific Rim, but not impossible. I've had better luck reaching out to the property prior to check-in, where they've generously upgraded on a couple of occasions.

I find the front office team is beyond good, and chances are you won't be disappointed with any room they assign, especially if you get a signature harbour view room, which is the best view in the city, IMO.

I've used suite upgrades at both the Waterfront and The Vancouver Hotel, with mixed feelings:

At The Waterfront we got a west coast suite on a low floor with very obstructed views. The suite was recently renovated and perfectly nice, though I wouldn't burn another certificate here. Actually, I wouldn't stay at that property at all, as I find it lacks personality and I had one of the *craziest* hotel experiences here ever... we were assigned an unserviced room + we had our dogs with us +there was used sex paraphernalia under the bed.... do the math. Management response was pathetic. Anyways, I digress....

Recently at The Hotel Vancouver we received a very nice one-bedroom suite that had been recently refurbished. The room was very large, with a separate bedroom and nice bathroom (though small). There was an AC issue so we were moved to a different Studio suite facing the Art Gallery with HUGE bathroom and fireplace and a lot of charm. It was a great room, but I doubt it's the norm for suite upgrades.

It really boils down to what you want. The Fairmont Pacific Rim is my second favourite hotel in the city (Rosewood being the best for me) and I've yet to have a bad experience there. Keep in mind, however, the lobby lounge turns into a bar at night and attracts some of Vancouver's finest try-hards. While sometimes fun to people watch, I sometimes enjoy the peace and quiet afforded at the forgotten sister properties around the corner.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by SOWK
Keep in mind, however, the lobby lounge turns into a bar at night and attracts some of Vancouver's finest try-hards.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing, haha?

I seem pretty set on the Pacific Rim, seems like it's the place to be in Vancouver.

Any recommendations for things to do? Typically more of a dining and shopping type of person, but wouldn't mind an early morning hike or a stroll to the park if there's any great scenery.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 10:01 am

Is that a good thing or a bad thing, haha?

I seem pretty set on the Pacific Rim, seems like it's the place to be in Vancouver.

Any recommendations for things to do? Typically more of a dining and shopping type of person, but wouldn't mind an early morning hike or a stroll to the park if there's any great scenery.
The bar scene - depends on my mood, but usually a good thing

We recently borrowed the complimentary BMW bikes and toured around Stanley Park and Granville Island. I believe they limit them to 3 hours/day, which was plenty for us. Stanley Park looks close from the rooms, but it is actually quite a walk from the lobby to the park entrance.

As for dining and shopping, there are plenty of good options within a 20 minute walk. The hotel provides complimentary drop-off services in their BMW house car (7 series) on a first come, first served basis, though I've never had to wait more than a couple of minutes (they must have a couple, at least).

Enjoy your stay at The Pacific Rim! You won't be disappointed!
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:30 pm

Does anyone have an email address to contact the hotel? Or the email address for the GM? Is it firstname.lastname?

I see [email protected] on their website. Is there another (better?) email address? I have an upcoming stay I would like to make arrangements for.

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Does anyone have an email address to contact the hotel? Or the email address for the GM? Is it firstname.lastname?

I see [email protected] on their website. Is there another (better?) email address? I have an upcoming stay I would like to make arrangements for.

Thanks in advance.
Unless it's a very outside-the-box request, I generally find that sending an e-mail to the general e-mail address ([email protected]) usually yields the best response.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Unless it's a very outside-the-box request, I generally find that sending an e-mail to the general e-mail address ([email protected]) usually yields the best response.
Thanks Jasper!
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:33 pm

I just booked a 1 night stay in Oct via AmEx FHR for a Signature Ofuro King room! Very excited to check out the place! I've only stayed in one Fairmont before, and that was in Dallas and I wasn't particularly impressed. This one looks like it's in a completely different class!

I saw something earlier in the thread about the hotel letting you use bicycles for free? And a BMW to drop you off around town? Any other perks I should know about?

Is there a promo/enrollment code I should use when enrolling in the President's Club?

Now to decide whether to use the $100 AmEx credit on a couple's spa treatment or at The Botanist!
Old Apr 21, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold
I managed to snag a suite upgrade at the FPR booking four months in advance. I was told it's a junior suite - this doesn't show up under the accommodation tab on the hotel's website so does anyone know what it's like?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by kraftdinner_
I managed to snag a suite upgrade at the FPR booking four months in advance. I was told it's a junior suite - this doesn't show up under the accommodation tab on the hotel's website so does anyone know what it's like?
You need to share your witchcraft tips --- I've never succeeded in getting a suite upgrade to clear....and that's after what must be 15+ attempts.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:03 am

I didn’t realize this mythical Junior Suite actually existed. Please report back. I’ve heard that it’s a small suite adjacent to or under the large chairman’s suite.

Ive tried at least a dozen times to use at this property to no avail. Every 3 or 4 attempts I reach out to the front office and sometimes they’re kind enough to put me in a Stanley Park Suite as a gesture, though that’s definitely not the policy.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Originally Posted by SOWK

I didn’t realize this mythical Junior Suite actually existed. Please report back. I’ve heard that it’s a small suite adjacent to or under the large chairman’s suite.

Ive tried at least a dozen times to use at this property to no avail. Every 3 or 4 attempts I reach out to the front office and sometimes they’re kind enough to put me in a Stanley Park Suite as a gesture, though that’s definitely not the policy.
I've stayed in that suite under the Chairman's suite. It's very spacious and actually larger than the other suites. They also used to designate one of the low floor suites as a jr suite...the one that overlooks the green roof of the Convention Centre.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:50 am

The suite under the Chairman's suite is quite large. In my opinion, it's larger than most of the Fairmont non-resort standard suite. It's overlook the pool but view of bay was so so due to low floor. Overall it's definitely worth the upgrade if you can get it.
Old May 8, 2018, 1:47 pm

Going there next week, any recommendation ?

Book with FHR got a free night manage to book first night with free night certs and room upgrade to a deluxe then will be moved for the rest of stay in gold level that we reserved.
Then amex lady told me they might depending on avail moved you to a better gold room since i book with FHR ... humm didn't know that.
Will be there to visit and chill for a week.

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.