Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Pacific Rim

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2014, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
IIRC Junior Suite is floors 6 and 7. Mountain-Harbour View Suite is same size and location on floor proximity, but Floors 8 and up (not privy to the top floors). The Large Harbour View Suites is opposite corner on each floor from what I remember.

To get all of the location details, I would contact Pacific Rim and talk to the front desk.
Thanks was just looking for basic info. Appreciate the response.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Spent the Easter weekend at the Fairmont Pacific Rim and had an awesome stay as usual.

Iīve posted longer reviews in the past, so Iīll just post a few random thoughts:

- service was spectacular as always: Between the doormen greeting me by name each time, being proactive (e.g. by offering an umbrella when leaving the hotel and the weather wasnīt looking too great) and all the servers at the restaurant being proactive, remembering my preferences, being happy to have a chat service was outstanding

- front desk: There were several complaints here about the front desk and I too experienced somewhat inconsistent service over the last 1-2 years, though based on my last two stays it seems service is improving

- the Easter breakfast/brunch buffet was very impressive: even more extensive than the regular buffet with more hot options and a large dessert buffet. The restaurant was very busy, but the staff did a great job at accommodating guests without reservations at the bar. The buffet was $49 - not unreasonable, though unfortunately no alcoholic drinks were included

- I stayed in a Signature room for the first time which was located on the 19th floor and overlooks Coal Harbour, the mountains and Stanley Park. Thereīs just something peaceful about sitting on the patio and enjoying the awesome views while sipping on a glass of wine.

Itīs a pity the hotel has become more stingy when it comes to redeeming upgrade certs compared to a few years ago, but I guess Iīll have to get used to that.

Overall the Pacific Rim remains my favourite city center hotel and Iīm sure Iīll continue to stay there whenever possible.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 6:05 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Review Per Onemileatatime (Lucky)

http://boardingarea.com/onemileatati...rim-vancouver/

This is hands down the best service I’ve received at a large hotel in North America. It wasn’t just that most employees I interacted with were friendly, but rather they all were. And not just friendly, but also competent and proactive.
Old May 19, 2014, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
I really enjoyed reading his review.

On another note the better half and I decided to hit up the PacRim this summer... until I noticed the rates! I checked at least two days per week from june 16 - August 23 and the lowest virtuoso rate I found was $485 and often more even at fairmont.com.

Well the demand must warrant these rates but I guess we'll have to discuss this tip further and look into other destinations. YVR must be starting to get that wave of post olympic tourists which usually starts a few years after a city hosts the olympics.
Old May 20, 2014, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Couldnt find Jr. Suite description on their site and according to Fairmont folks it is an open plan suite - no separate bedroom - even though the size is the same as proper 1 br. Can anyone confirm?

Love 1 brs from our past family visits but this time they refused to allow suite upgrade into those...
Old May 20, 2014, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azepine00
Couldnt find Jr. Suite description on their site and according to Fairmont folks it is an open plan suite - no separate bedroom - even though the size is the same as proper 1 br. Can anyone confirm?

Love 1 brs from our past family visits but this time they refused to allow suite upgrade into those...
I believe the junior suites are located on the lower floors (7-10?) with fairly limited views. Afaik they are semi-open plan suites with French doors, but it's one of the few suite categories I haven't stayed in.
Old May 20, 2014, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I believe the junior suites are located on the lower floors (7-10?) with fairly limited views. Afaik they are semi-open plan suites with French doors, but it's one of the few suite categories I haven't stayed in.
They are located on lower floors for sure. There are only **TWO** in the entire hotel and they are open plan for sure. In fact, the one I stayed in recently had the entrance opening to the Bedroom/Sitting Area/Living Room, then a partition separates the Dining Room/Balcony Area. This one had windows in the Bathroom with free standing spa tub. I call this affectionately the "Basement Suite" as it is literally the basement of the "Owner's Suite" aka the Balinese Villa.

I'll be back to the hotel again tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be in that same Basement Suite (views are quite OK, as you can see the green roof, Olympic park, and some Coal Harbour) from the balcony and windows. The suite is literally the last room on the 7th Floor (West Wing), and you have access via a semi-private elevator.
Old May 25, 2014, 7:38 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, Fairmont Premier
Originally Posted by azepine00

Hi-
My first post on this site (so much info here!)
Fairmont will not post any info on these "suites" (I have asked, since I have a reservation to stay in the junior suite later this year). The suites are on floors 6/7. Per the hotel, the "view" is of the green roof on the convention center and out to the pool area. The bed is not separate from the rest of the room, more like a studio apartment. It is supposed to be a very nice room. Hope you have a good trip.
Old May 26, 2014, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Junior Suite

Originally Posted by ijustpay
Hi-
My first post on this site (so much info here!)
Fairmont will not post any info on these "suites" (I have asked, since I have a reservation to stay in the junior suite later this year). The suites are on floors 6/7. Per the hotel, the "view" is of the green roof on the convention center and out to the pool area. The bed is not separate from the rest of the room, more like a studio apartment. It is supposed to be a very nice room. Hope you have a good trip.
I just checked out and stay on the 6th floor this time. The views are of the green roof for sure, but there are some water here and there. This one on the 6th floor DOES have a door between the bedroom and the living room, as well as TWO full bathrooms. The outdoor patio seating area has a better layout.

The one on the 7th floor has better views, but is a OPEN plan suite, and the entrance opens into the bedroom. As well, this 7th floor suite has only ONE bathroom.

Depending on your needs, the 6th floor one is better for entertaining and offers more space and privacy. The one on the 7th is more unique and has a much more luxurious bathroom with free standing tub and a wall of floor-to-ceiling windows. Both suites won't fail to impress any guests you have over, if you have to host an in-suite business meeting or gathering.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 3:16 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
I stayed at this hotel last weekend using chase annual free night. Front desk was pretty stingy with the upgrade. They don't upgrade to gold floor as many have written before. We used two upgrade certs to get into "Deluxe Partial Harbour View King" as we won't be staying at a fairmont before the certs expire.

We were on 12th floor. The view was spectacular. We could see ships going by, seaplanes landing and taking off (partial) and the mountains. We also utilized the complimentary bike rental and took off into stanley park. The concierge was quite helpful (Charlie I think). The flyover canada show across the street at Canada place was fun too. Parking is $30 for overnights guests. We had breakfast buffet the next day ($36 pp) and that was quite good too. The restaurant setting is quite classy. I wish they had fresh orange juice and gave made to order pancakes or waffles, but I know that rarely happens in a buffet.

This is an amazing hotel. The lobby is really cool and happening. There were a few wedding banquets and there were a lot of well dressed people walking around. On Sat night, there was live music and it was pretty awesome to hang out there.

I wish fairmont had more properties like this. We were quite disppointed by Kea Lani in Maui and Empress in Victoria. This one lived up to the fairmont name we had imagined.

We didn't encounter any problems in our stay nor did we have to ask hotel staff for anything to be done. I'm sure a lot of work goes behind the scenes to deliver a seamless experience like this. The best part is all this work is invisible to you.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Fairmont is announcing a new hotel similar to the Pac Rim in Calgary by the end of the year. Pretty excited for this.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Fairmont is announcing a new hotel similar to the Pac Rim in Calgary by the end of the year. Pretty excited for this.
Indeed, though it's disappointing it won't be in a more inteesting city.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 9:16 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, Fairmont Premier
the junior suite was sweet

Originally Posted by jkc22
I just checked out and stay on the 6th floor this time. The views are of the green roof for sure, but there are some water here and there. This one on the 6th floor DOES have a door between the bedroom and the living room, as well as TWO full bathrooms. The outdoor patio seating area has a better layout.

The one on the 7th floor has better views, but is a OPEN plan suite, and the entrance opens into the bedroom. As well, this 7th floor suite has only ONE bathroom.

Depending on your needs, the 6th floor one is better for entertaining and offers more space and privacy. The one on the 7th is more unique and has a much more luxurious bathroom with free standing tub and a wall of floor-to-ceiling windows. Both suites won't fail to impress any guests you have over, if you have to host an in-suite business meeting or gathering.
I stayed in the 7th floor suite with my family (room 733). The room was great. Very comfortable bed (kids slept on a queen sleeper sofa) and spacious room. The suite has a separate dining/entertaining area. If you open the curtains, it overlooks the pool area. While the main windows look at the convention center, looking to the left one gets a view of the mountains, seaplane "runway", marina and Stanley Park. Out on the deck, which has a table and chairs to sit out on, same views as well as the pool area (partially). The bathoom had both a shower with a sitting area, and a soaking tub (and the tv in the mirror). Along with the excellent service I received from the hotel staff, made it an excellent stay.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by jkc22

I just checked out of 733 a few nights ago and have stayed in 606 1.5-2 years ago. I agree with your assessment with regards to the two junior suites. If you really need a door seperation go for the 6th floor or if you plan to watch alot of TV since the couch isn't angled towards it at 733. Otherwise the "basement suite" bathroom, view and balcony propel it above 606 imo.

Balcony at 733 is much bigger but quite a few of the tiles are already cracked in half. The windows at this hotel have always been pretty dirty too. Looking up at the chairmans suite from the balcony it had huge bird poop streaks.

Overall though I'm still disappointed there are only 2 suites to upgrade too. They also seem to be well booked so getting a suite in the summer is a real struggle.

Overall we did have an excellent stay at the hotel. Even front desk was fantastic and drink service at the lobby bar was fast. Since I've stayed at this hotel since day 10 of opening or so I have noticed extra wear and tear in the rooms which should be expected. But I hope it ages well with these extra nicks...
Old Jan 5, 2015, 8:13 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Not quite.

Depending on the time of year (and possibly occupancy) standard suites (not just the junior suites) can be confirmed at time of booking when using a suite upgrade cert.

When chatting with the previous GM he told me heīd decided to change the suite upgrade policy to include more suites during off-season and shoulder season (I had complained about the lack of suite upgrades available and the drastic change from "any non-specialty suites" to "junior suites only"). I havenīt had much contact with the new GM (well, heīs been there for over a year now), but I believe that still is the current policy. E.g. FPC offered a Harbour View Suite this spring when applying a suite upgrade cert (this presumably was shoulder season), but not this summer.
How could one check to see if they're wiling to confirm a standard suite at booking using an upgrade certificate?

All the junior suites are gone for my dates. I called the FPC Platinum line who goes by the book and says they can only do junior suites, and then I called the hotel directly, but the hotel reservation agent called the FPC line as soon as I mentioned using an upgrade, and again they gave the same answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.