Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Pacific Rim

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2013, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Sounds like the Oforu suite is above the suite we stayed. Iirc mountain harbour view suite.. Which was above the Junior suites I believe.
There is no Oforu suite, there´s only an Oforu room.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
There is no Oforu suite, there´s only an Oforu room.
Just a room using a suite upgrade? Must be a really nice room for you to prefer it over a suite.

I used a suite upgrade once for the Signature room at YVR many moons ago. YVR only has two suites, but the signature room at YVR is nice and could be considered a junior suite.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:33 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
If there aren't suites available it's typically sold at or near the same rate as the Jr. Suite... so used to be a good use for a Suite upgrade there... but I think officially it's no longer offered as a standard through FPC.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 8:45 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Just a room using a suite upgrade? Must be a really nice room for you to prefer it over a suite.

I used a suite upgrade once for the Signature room at YVR many moons ago. YVR only has two suites, but the signature room at YVR is nice and could be considered a junior suite.
If you are travelling alone, a very nice room with a nice view is generally better than a junior suite with a very small room and a couch behind a door...
Old Oct 18, 2013, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
If you are travelling alone, a very nice room with a nice view is generally better than a junior suite with a very small room and a couch behind a door...
Functionality of rooms/suites ranges from hotel to hotel.. I just look at the value paid and received if I get into suite as opposed to a room. If suite upgrades are a commodity, then definitely one has to balance out when to use it and when not to use it.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 10:33 am

Just because I was curious, I ended up booking another stay in an actual junior suite to use up my other certificate.

I guess it depends if you're looking for straight up square footage, or looking for that 'wow' factor. The suite had a lot more space, but a standard view, and a meh bathroom (don't get me wrong, it's nice - but that soaker tub in the Ofuro room, man!).

For impressing a significant other - hands down, Signature Ofuro. For entertaining friends or jamming more than 2 people / a family into a room - I'd do a suite.

Just my 2 cents.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 5:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Can these guys seriously not figure out there front desk?? A) its WAY too small, B) It's always understaffed. I swear I have never waited less than 10 minutes to check in.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Disgrace

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Can these guys seriously not figure out there front desk?? A) its WAY too small, B) It's always understaffed. I swear I have never waited less than 10 minutes to check in.
I have spoken with multiple levels of managers concerning this subject and all I have received was lip service. EVERY TIME check in at this property was a major effort. Not only can it not get the rooms assigned correctly, it also almost never was able to accommodate my GUARANTEED Platinum check-in at noon.

Bottomline - if you are a corporate traveler, stay on Gold or stay away. If you are a celeb or a celeb-wannabe and like the pomp and little substance, this is the hotel for you. I have written off this hotel and our corporate and partners have pulled our rates (after my recommendations not to renew). This property clearly prefers the entertainment industry over traditional businesses, and it shows.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 2:02 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jkc22
I have spoken with multiple levels of managers concerning this subject and all I have received was lip service. EVERY TIME check in at this property was a major effort. Not only can it not get the rooms assigned correctly, it also almost never was able to accommodate my GUARANTEED Platinum check-in at noon.

Bottomline - if you are a corporate traveler, stay on Gold or stay away. If you are a celeb or a celeb-wannabe and like the pomp and little substance, this is the hotel for you. I have written off this hotel and our corporate and partners have pulled our rates (after my recommendations not to renew). This property clearly prefers the entertainment industry over traditional businesses, and it shows.
+1, I completely agree. You couldn't be more accurate.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Maybe I´ve been lucky during my previous stays, but I thought Premier/Platinum members often had their room pre-assigned and could collect their key cards at the bell desk (outside) thus avoiding dealing with the front desk alltogether? At lest when arriving after ~4p.m. this seemed to be the norm.

I´d have to agree to a certain degree that service at the front desk is inconsistent. There used to be some really great agents, but haven´t seen those in a while. Haven´t been overly impressed with some of the newer agents.

Other than that I´ve only had excellent service, be it at ORU, in-room dining, housekeeping, res department or management.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Maybe I´ve been lucky during my previous stays, but I thought Premier/Platinum members often had their room pre-assigned and could collect their key cards at the bell desk (outside) thus avoiding dealing with the front desk alltogether? At lest when arriving after ~4p.m. this seemed to be the norm.

I´d have to agree to a certain degree that service at the front desk is inconsistent. There used to be some really great agents, but haven´t seen those in a while. Haven´t been overly impressed with some of the newer agents.

Other than that I´ve only had excellent service, be it at ORU, in-room dining, housekeeping, res department or management.

+1. Had nothing but good service during two stays with family. Front desk was better a year ago, this time they checked someone else out applied my certs to his stay and gave me the folio. Good thing I glanced over it and noticed. But that was the only hiccup.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Have to agree that it was the one blot on my wife's and my otherwise wonderful stay at the hotel back in July. Taken together with the fact that the hotel doesn't have a business center, I've concluded that I'd go back there gladly for a leisure trip but would steer clear for business travel. Lousy front desk service can just gum up too many things when time and efficiency are at issue.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 11:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by azepine00
+1. Had nothing but good service during two stays with family. Front desk was better a year ago, this time they checked someone else out applied my certs to his stay and gave me the folio. Good thing I glanced over it and noticed. But that was the only hiccup.
I reading your post over and over.. So someone else's name was at the top of the folio? Usually certs aren't apparent on the folio, unless you use a free night cert.

Sounds like someone else paid your bill based on what you're saying..
Old Mar 21, 2014, 10:58 am

Can anyone comment what floors the different suites are on and what floor the ofuru room is on?
Old Mar 21, 2014, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by myb821
Can anyone comment what floors the different suites are on and what floor the ofuru room is on?
IIRC Junior Suite is floors 6 and 7. Mountain-Harbour View Suite is same size and location on floor proximity, but Floors 8 and up (not privy to the top floors). The Large Harbour View Suites is opposite corner on each floor from what I remember.

To get all of the location details, I would contact Pacific Rim and talk to the front desk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.