Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2015, 9:49 am

Am I right that Laurent Perrier is the new champagne for the clubs? Did they really used to have Veuve Clicquot (my favorite)? How's the Laurent Perrier and how much are they charging per glass? I'm going through EWR and plan to visit one of the clubs in September.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: UA Silver, Alaska Gold
Can someone who can edit the wiki please remove SEA A11. I was at the UA A9 club on 7/19 and can confirm it is still the same old offerings.

Last edited by kseaflyr; Jul 21, 2015 at 10:12 am Reason: typo
Old Jul 21, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by kseaflyr
Can someone who can edit the wiki please remove SEA A11. I was at the UA A9 club on 7/19 and can confirm it is still the same old offerings.
Done. I was surprised to see it there!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:28 am

United Club question

Quick United Club question. What time does breakfast (if there is any kind of breakfast) start being served? Will be at ORD early (4:30 or 5 am) for an early flight, probably in Terminal 1 or 2, and want to see if it's worth it to use my free United card club pass or just find breakfast elsewhere. Thanks!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by habsben
Quick United Club question. What time does breakfast (if there is any kind of breakfast) start being served? Will be at ORD early (4:30 or 5 am) for an early flight, probably in Terminal 1 or 2, and want to see if it's worth it to use my free United card club pass or just find breakfast elsewhere. Thanks!
Breakfast items (at ORD you'll have the new offerings) will be offered upon lounge opening up until around 11 am or so when they switch out for lunch/dinner.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by enviroian
Breakfast items (at ORD you'll have the new offerings) will be offered upon lounge opening up until around 11 am or so when they switch out for lunch/dinner.
Basically it's oatmeal, bagel sticks, yogurt, and fruit. Sometimes hard boiled eggs, sometimes not.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by habsben
Grab McDonalds.

Or Wolfgang Puck Bistros. I've never ate there, just transited through many times around 5am and thought it always smelled wonderful. (edit: I see they are 5:30am).

UA club breakfast is akin to a motel breakfast (however, for some reason I do like their coffee).
Old Jul 31, 2015, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I think I would prefer a handful of cold gravel.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BThumme
Grab McDonalds.

Or Wolfgang Puck Bistros. I've never ate there, just transited through many times around 5am and thought it always smelled wonderful. (edit: I see they are 5:30am).

UA club breakfast is akin to a motel breakfast (however, for some reason I do like their coffee).
I was in T1 Sunday morning around 7 am, and the smell of bacon from Puck's was wonderful...never had breakfast there either.

On the club food...If you like oatmeal and/or yogurt, it's fine. You can get a couple free cups of coffee or OJ and oatmeal if that does it for you. If you want something more substantial, and hot, McDonald's really is the best bet. I haven't tried Frontera for breakfast, but I have to think that's another good option.

Two weeks ago was my first time in the UC for breakfast since the new menu came out. While I think the day/night selection is a nice improvement, I was not at all impressed with breakfast. I'd say it's different than before but not an improvement, other than the oatmeal (which has been in one of the B clubs off and on for years anyway).
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I've decided I really hate the new menu. It was okay for about a month, but now it's just old and dull. Much preferred the prepackaged crackers, cheese and cookies which could be boosted for later in-flight use or as a snack at my hotel. Even worse the current fare is so infrequently restocked that often there is little or nothing to eat at all. And the crappo free coffee, beer and wine is basically like having nothing at all. If I'm going to pay for a drink I will do it at an airport bar where I can normally find something I like.

Really the current version of the UC isn't worth a dime - I may have to reconsider whether it is even worth visiting anymore when I need a snack or a beer. Only SFO - with its soft drink dispensers has any minimal value
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I've found that the staff is pretty good at restocking things at the many UA clubs I've been to f late. Which one did you find lacking?
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I've found that the staff is pretty good at restocking things at the many UA clubs I've been to f late. Which one did you find lacking?
Last time I was at the UC in the international terminal at SFO, no bagels from 7-9am.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
If my home airport had a Delta Club, there is no doubt I would toss my UC membership and go with Delta (even if I continued to fly United). Their club is what the UC should be but never will be.

I agree with the above poster who mentioned that after a month or so, the changes are very "stale" (no pun intended) and show complete lack of imagination in providing actual, good food and drinks.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by halls120
Last time I was at the UC in the international terminal at SFO, no bagels from 7-9am.
I have given up there now. I go to Eva Air or Kris Flyer. Much much nicer.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
IAH, at multiple times of afternoon and evening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.