Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 BF seats, 45 E+ seats, and 108 E seats.

16/153 75b https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75b

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY
All economy seats share power (2 outlets per 3 seats), and have VOD screens in the seat back.

Exit row seats are Row 7ABC, Row 20, and Row 21. Row 20 seats have limited recline. Row 7ABC has "unlimited" leg room, although there's an FA jumpseat facing those seats (probably out of reach of anyone but the tallest person).

Row 8DEF are bassinet seats and also a bulkhead. There is an additional ~6" cut out at the bottom of the bulkhead for extra leg room.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

for the other 752 aircraft, see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

-- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2015, 1:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
How intrusive are the under-seat entertainment boxes under the "C" and "D" seats in economy? Seatguru has a comment regarding the legroom for those seats. (I know, seatguru isn't always accurate).
My upcoming TATL flight has quite a lot of open middle seats, so there's a good chance that I'll have an empty seat next to me if I choose one of the aisle seats. If the entertainment box under the aisle seats severely affects the legroom, having an empty seat next to me would enable me to stretch my legs out to the side.
The alternative would be to pick a window seat further back (also with an empty middle seat next to it).
Old May 21, 2015, 9:38 am

BusinessFirst vs EconPlus bulkhead?

Hello, have an overnight international flight coming up on a UA 757-200. Currently have seat 8F reserved but pondering a change to BusinessFirst. Heard good & bad about those BF seats, tho; wondering if I should stay in the EconPlus bulkhead? I don't need to lie completely prone while sleeping so completely lay-flat not required. Thanks for any help!
Old May 21, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rooberry1
Hello, have an overnight international flight coming up on a UA 757-200. Currently have seat 8F reserved but pondering a change to BusinessFirst. Heard good & bad about those BF seats, tho; wondering if I should stay in the EconPlus bulkhead? I don't need to lie completely prone while sleeping so completely lay-flat not required. Thanks for any help!
The bad stuff you may have heard about the seats are in comparison to BF seats on other aircraft. When comparing it to an Economy Plus seat, well, there is no comparison. BF has double the seat pitch, 4" more width, infinitely more recline (180 degrees), larger TV screens and a less crowded cabin. I'm in those BF type seats on the ps route often and have flown that aircraft to Europe. For me the seats are great and certainly much more comfortable than economy.
Old May 21, 2015, 12:19 pm

Thank you for the quick reply! I think I will give the BF a try for the overnight leg of my trip. Definitely worth the less-crowded cabin. Any difference in row 1 vs. the other rows?
I would recommend against 1A or 1B. The galley light shines right onto those seats. In fact, I'd stay out of row 1 entirely just to stay away from flight attendant "noise" on the overnight flight. But if you have big feet then row 1 has larger footwells, so choose your poison. On the ps routes rows 1 and 5 have larger footwells and I used to try for one of those rows. But I changed my tactics since they are both close to a galley and I don't mind the smaller foot spaces in the other rows.
Old May 21, 2015, 12:59 pm

Flying EWR - MAN (UA80 757-200) later this month and i've just done the $550 + 20,000 miles offer to go from K to biz first. My first time taking up one of these offer. Did I get a good deal?

From reading this thread I've selected seat 1F for the extra leg room. I'm 6' 3" and plan to sleep most of the flight. Did I choose the best available seat? Other options:

1E, 1A, 3A , 4F & 4D

Thanks
Old May 21, 2015, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by nycityny
I would recommend against 1A or 1B. The galley light shines right onto those seats. In fact, I'd stay out of row 1 entirely just to stay away from flight attendant "noise" on the overnight flight. But if you have big feet then row 1 has larger footwells, so choose your poison. On the ps routes rows 1 and 5 have larger footwells and I used to try for one of those rows. But I changed my tactics since they are both close to a galley and I don't mind the smaller foot spaces in the other rows.
The noise won't bother me too much, but the light could be an issue. And it sounds like the smaller footwell won't be too bad. Thanks again for replying, much appreciated.
Old May 21, 2015, 3:28 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by EWRMAN
Flying EWR - MAN (UA80 757-200) later this month and i've just done the $550 + 20,000 miles offer to go from K to biz first. My first time taking up one of these offer. Did I get a good deal?
That's the standard price. Sometimes there are buy ups, but those are not guaranteed.

Originally Posted by EWRMAN
Did I choose the best available seat?
IMHO yes.

but the light could be an issue.
There is an eyeshade in BizFirst kit you get onboard

Don't particularly like wearing it, but it gets the job done

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 23, 2015 at 10:56 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old May 26, 2015, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Agreed with others. There's no comparison between BF and E+. If you can do BF, do BF!!
Old May 28, 2015, 1:41 am

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
This flight could not more uncomfy

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Agreed with others. There's no comparison between BF and E+. If you can do BF, do BF!!

Coach and coach plus were awful. The three across stinks. If you can take a loan out for business class you won't look like I did in the end. Wicked bad.

The entertainment system stinks.

Flight was smooth.

Seats rate an "F". I have no status on united.
At least on delta there was breathing room and free drink.

Totally sucked.
Old May 28, 2015, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by mphall
Coach and coach plus were awful. The three across stinks. If you can take a loan out for business class you won't look like I did in the end. Wicked bad.

The entertainment system stinks.

Flight was smooth.

Seats rate an "F". I have no status on united.
At least on delta there was breathing room and free drink.

Totally sucked.
To each their own. I prefer the IFE on UA to DL's, and find the seats on the 777 to be roughly on par.

That does certainly stink that you looked wicked bad after your flight. Sorry to hear
Old May 28, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
10 days away from HAM-EWR on the 752 in J. Hopefully a smooth flight and good experience. I have spent a lot of time in Y on this plane in the past (not all that bad but definitely not a fan of the 3-3 config)... now only J from here on.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 9:02 am

I am flying from Belfast to EWR in June and I am looking at economy plus. It is £110 which I feel is alot of money just to get extra legroom.

Do you think this is worth it? How much extra room do you actually get it? I have looked at pictures and it doesn't look like you get a massive amount of extra room? Preferbly I would like a situation where I and the person in front could recline to full and not have seatbacks in our faces as that was a major problem the last time I flew to EWR.

How much is 6 inches of recline? What amount of degrees is that?

Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
I cannot impress enough how bad these Y seats are. I'd take a ghetto sUA 752 with no AVOD or outlets in a heartbeat on seat comfort alone. Bells and whistles don't matter when the most fundamental measure of comfort fails so miserably.
Really? I found them very comfortable.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 21, 2016 at 11:54 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Feb 21, 2016, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Owenc
I am flying from Belfast to EWR in June and I am looking at economy plus. It is £110 which I feel is alot of money just to get extra legroom.

Do you think this is worth it? How much extra room do you actually get it?
According to seatguru you get 6" more inches of pitch/legroom for a total of 37". That's probably the most on the United fleet. Regular economy seats on this aircraft are 31" which is tight. It's a long flight so if I were in your situation I'd pay the money. Everyone has different priorities.

The recline isn't much so sleeping will still not be easy.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni...7-200_Flat.php
Old Feb 21, 2016, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Owenc

Do you think this is worth it? How much extra room do you actually get it? I have looked at pictures and it doesn't look like you get a massive amount of extra room? Preferbly I would like a situation where I and the person in front could recline to full and not have seatbacks in our faces as that was a major problem the last time I flew to EWR.

How much is 6 inches of recline? What amount of degrees is that?
that's a lot of money. $160. I would consider it for an exit row seat, but probably not for a regular E+
Old Jul 2, 2016, 4:28 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass
Flying MAN-EWR on a 757-200 in a few months. Flying in J, what would you say is the best window seat? 1F?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.