Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
No plane stays up for long,the trick is to come down near an airport.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LaserSailor
No plane stays up for long,the trick is to come down near an airport.
I thought the trick was to come down at an airport.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA GS
I got a few whole cashews tonight. Instilled fear I was on the wrong airline.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:46 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Premier Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fadeforward
Whoa, whoa, there's a HUGE difference between a bag of pretzels and the Fiesta Snack Mix

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-soy-nuts.html.
Mmmm....Savory Mix
(The absolute worst though was the Breakfast Mix. I will, indeed, eat just about anything except for that...)
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:50 am

Tablecloths. Was in F on a 739 last week from IAD->SFO and there were no tablecloths for my tray at dinner. This actually has a practical purpose because it's always seemed to make my tray not slide around on the tray-table.

So there you have it. No tablecloths in DOM F. For this I, um, got a Complimentary Premier Upgrade...Yeah, that's it!
Oh, the humanity!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by Jet'Dillo
Tablecloths. Was in F on a 739 last week from IAD->SFO and there were no tablecloths for my tray at dinner. This actually has a practical purpose because it's always seemed to make my tray not slide around on the tray-table.

So there you have it. No tablecloths in DOM F. For this I, um, got a Complimentary Premier Upgrade...Yeah, that's it!
Oh, the humanity!
They are probably downgraded to polyester anyway.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Jetway carpets at SFO (Term 3, domestic) are worn & need replacing?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt DIscoverist
Honestly, why is it so hard to give me a small bag of nuts with my soda? It's like they took away something small that gives everyone so much joy
Old Sep 3, 2014, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by bryan7007
Honestly, why is it so hard to give me a small bag of nuts with my soda? It's like they took away something small that gives everyone so much joy
The money they save from having to give out nuts goes to fund SMI/J's puppy-kicking room at HQ.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 5:31 pm

Programs: MileagePlus
Bring back Sprite Zero

The loss of Sprite Zero in the air has ruined my life.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:59 pm

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
The lettuce leaves in my salad were misaligned and arranged most unattractively a few weeks ago from IAH to LGA.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by jsosborn
The loss of Sprite Zero in the air has ruined my life.
I completely agree. At first it was just a minor annoyance, and I was fine trying the new Dasani lime and a few other potential substitutes. But I have now exhausted all my options, and I have slowly come to realize that this is my life now. A life without Sprite Zero. A life where, when I don't want alcohol or caffeine, I may have to just drink.... water.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, Motel 6 Tin
On a recent, early-morning flight from BOS to EWR, I got an upgrade to F but...the FA wouldn't serve me a fourth Bloody Mary because the liquor cart had closed for landing.

On a flight IAH-ELP on a CRJ, the GA gave my wife and me non-sequentially numbered green tags. When I asked the GA for sequentially numbered tags, she refused.

Spent the whole flight worrying that our bags would arrive at the jetway at different times.

Sure enough, my wife's bag arrived two minutes before mine. The delay caused us to be fourth in line at the Hertz counter.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 5, 2014 at 4:42 am Reason: merge
Old Sep 5, 2014, 12:19 am

Programs: UA Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by HonestABE
On a flight IAH-ELP on a CRJ, the GA gave my wife and me non-sequentially numbered green tags. When I asked the GA for sequentially numbered tags, she refused.

Spent the whole flight worrying that our bags would arrive at the jetway at different times.

Sure enough, my wife's bag arrived two minutes before mine. The delay caused us to be fourth in line at the Hertz counter.
Wait, does tag number actually matter? I just assumed they loaded the bags as they were gate-checked and that they sort of just came out randomly (maybe last-in-first-out, but maybe not).
Old Sep 5, 2014, 4:18 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by HonestABE
On a recent, early-morning flight from BOS to EWR, I got an upgrade to F but...the FA wouldn't serve me a fourth Bloody Mary because the liquor cart had closed for landing.
Come on - a hardcore FT'er would have had four - before the door closed...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.