ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2015, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
All seems to be back to normal now.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:52 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Globaliser
There seems to be a problem with flight status generally. I've been looking for information about two friends who are in the air at opposite ends of the earth, and getting nothing.
Originally Posted by Globaliser
All seems to be back to normal now.
There was an issue this morning with the Flight Status search for specific flights, that was fixed, however the city-pair based Flight Status search will still return an error, but should be fixed by early next week.

In the future, please email us with error messages like that at [email protected] We didn't receive any emails reporting this issue today and we could have fixed it faster with an email report then a post in this thread, thanks.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 6:41 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
In the future, please email us with error messages [...]
You appear to be saying that you don't find it helpful when people post reports or ask questions here. That ignores the fact that sometimes people have problems that can quickly be resolved by other users. To make sure you're not left out of the loop, consider changing your thread subscription so that you receive an instant email alert when someone posts.

You could also add a wiki to the top of this thread: "Please email ...".

As long as FlyerTalk has something called the ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk thread people are going to try to use it. @:-)
Old Feb 14, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
My interpretation of EFV's post is that for fastest response to a current problem an email to their customer care address is the best route. I don't believe they "don't find it helpful" for issues to be posted here, go ahead and do it and start a discussion, just that it is not as timely in reaching the people at EF who can investigate and do something about the issue as quick as possible.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 9:50 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by IMH
You appear to be saying that you don't find it helpful when people post reports or ask questions here. That ignores the fact that sometimes people have problems that can quickly be resolved by other users. To make sure you're not left out of the loop, consider changing your thread subscription so that you receive an instant email alert when someone posts.

You could also add a wiki to the top of this thread: "Please email ...".

As long as FlyerTalk has something called the ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk thread people are going to try to use it. @:-)
No, that's not what we're saying. This thread is a great resource for discussing how to use ExpertFlyer to its fullest or to discuss search results and should be used by FTers to help each other in that respect.

However, the error from yesterday was a system one that returned the message "An unknown or unexpected error has occurred. Please contact us if this problem persists." That is a problem that we needed to know about and correct ASAP and not something that fellow FTers could solve, which is why the error message specifically notes to contact us.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:29 pm
IMH

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
No, that's not what we're saying.
Good. Thanks. Adding a wiki might still be a good idea, though: ExpertFlyer Voice?
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IMH
Good. Thanks. Adding a wiki might still be a good idea, though: ExpertFlyer Voice?
Done.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 1:31 pm
IMH

Originally Posted by Calchas
Done.
Excellent. Didn't want to create it myself, at my own suggestion -- that might have seemed a touch too assertive.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 11:06 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 1:31 am
Old Feb 20, 2015, 2:18 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
how do i create an award seat alert on CX using AA miles?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
how do i create an award seat alert on CX using AA miles?
CX does not release award seats to EF. You will have to call AAdvantage with your dates.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 7:59 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by angatol
In flight availability, if I put in SEA-LHR, Direct/Non-Stop Only, BA only, no interline connections, why does it give me connections in DFW, ORD and YVR? That latter with an AS code and metal.
Because that is what BA is returning. When you specify BA as the only airline we do a direct search with the BA host, bypassing the GDS level availability. The airlines sometimes ignore certain parameters of the search.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:23 pm
Formerly known as awald

In need of help

I am new to Expert Flyer and have been struggling to figure this all out. I am trying to book a flight from NYC to BKK leaving 11/30/15 and returning 12/12/15.

I looked at the fare availability on UA and see that there is a Class K fare (KLX37GM0) at a round trip price of $561.

Then I go to the Flight Availability section and look for flights between NYC and BKK on the set dates and see that Class K has seats available on multiple UA flights.

Now when I go to book it via United.com I cannot find these seats. Please help. This getting to be incredibly frustrating.

Thanks.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:47 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Originally Posted by awald
Now when I go to book it via United.com I cannot find these seats. Please help. This getting to be incredibly frustrating.
First of all, the fare shown on EF does not include taxes and fees.

Secondly, the fare you want does not allow Asia->US travel on Saturday:

TO AREA 1 - PERMITTED MON/TUE/WED/THU ON EACH TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.
Finally, and most importantly, the fare code you want expires on 30NOV15 -- it simply isn't valid for a flight on 12/12.

If you book a flight on UA.com, you'll see you get the fare code you want on the outbound.. just not on the return.

Greg
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:14 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 1:44 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.