ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:04 am

Exper Flyer not Alerting me of T Award Space on US Airways

I had set an alert in expert flyer for T MilesAAVer space on a flight from GRR to PHL for 4/26.

I randomly checked the other day and saw 3 seats were available. I booked right away, but I had never gotten an e-mail from Expert Flyer telling me about the seats.

Has anyone else noticed this? I had set an alert for two T seats, and a separate alert for 1 seat. So far, still no e-mail (even though there is one seat left as of this morning).
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Did u check your junk mail? I had a few go there
Old Apr 14, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by NathanL104
I had set an alert in expert flyer for T MilesAAVer space on a flight from GRR to PHL for 4/26.

I randomly checked the other day and saw 3 seats were available. I booked right away, but I had never gotten an e-mail from Expert Flyer telling me about the seats.

Has anyone else noticed this? I had set an alert for two T seats, and a separate alert for 1 seat. So far, still no e-mail (even though there is one seat left as of this morning).
Set up a text message alert as well. Donwload the App to your phone as well. When it comes to EF, I never think there's too many notifications. I typically get 3 within about 1 minute of eachother when one of mine pops open.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 7:44 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by NathanL104

We looked up your account and found that the alert was for 2 T inventory, however US 3820 is only showing T1, so that's why you weren't alerted. We did not find any alert for 1 T award for either of the non-stop flights that day, you are mistaken that such an alert was created.

In the event that there was T2 before you claimed the award, you could run a Quick Check of the alert and that would confirm that the system would alert you on the next scheduled check of the alert.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:00 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by erasmus99
This is not true for when Air Canada seats are released at the end of the schedule (past 330 days). For example, there is economy and business class seats available on April 2, 2016 on aeroplan.com, but Expertflyer says "No availability can be found for the date and class(es) specified."
Please check again, you should be able to search thru April 10 2016 as of today. Also note that a flight will only be returned if there is award availability in at least one cabin.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:38 pm

I used to be able to pull up fares that Alaska published as a corporate discount with the /PVT designator on the fare (as long as I unticked "validate fares"), but those no longer show up. Was it a bug that I ever got to see those?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:38 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by billatq
I used to be able to pull up fares that Alaska published as a corporate discount with the /PVT designator on the fare (as long as I unticked "validate fares"), but those no longer show up. Was it a bug that I ever got to see those?
Private fares are by definition not available to any agency but the ones the fares are for. Probably a mistake on their part.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
I booked award tickets (AA) on JAL from ORD-NRT. On expertflyer, it shows row 5 seats A and C open. The only seats blocked on row 5 are H and K. However, when I selected seats, A and C are also shown as blocked in addition to H and K. When I called the plat desk at AA, they said they cannot select A and C either. What does this mean? Can I call JAL to select these seats, or is there some other process to obtain these seats, or is expertflyer just not showing correct info?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 11:21 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by AtomicLush
I booked award tickets (AA) on JAL from ORD-NRT. On expertflyer, it shows row 5 seats A and C open. The only seats blocked on row 5 are H and K. However, when I selected seats, A and C are also shown as blocked in addition to H and K. When I called the plat desk at AA, they said they cannot select A and C either. What does this mean? Can I call JAL to select these seats, or is there some other process to obtain these seats, or is expertflyer just not showing correct info?
We need to know the specific flight information to look at a seat map. If you don't want to share here email us at [email protected]
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:16 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
5AC are blocked for non full fare passengers. You need to buy full fare tickets to select those seats. That's why EF doesn't mark them as blocked.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by JALPak
5AC are blocked for non full fare passengers. You need to buy full fare tickets to select those seats. That's why EF doesn't mark them as blocked.
Thanks!!
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Debating re-opening my EF account. I found I wasn't really using very often to justify the cost but have found there are a few things I miss. Are there any current deals when you sign up out there?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:46 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by adambadam
Debating re-opening my EF account. I found I wasn't really using very often to justify the cost but have found there are a few things I miss. Are there any current deals when you sign up out there?
If you sign up for the Yearly Premium plan you get 12 months for the price of 10.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:54 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by JALPak
Thanks for letting us know about that. We have the ability to request the seat map using any class code, and if we request using D instead of J those seats are returned as Blocked instead of Available. However we also found that JAL will then show those seats as Blocked instead of Occupied even if they are actually occupied, which isn't consistent with the rest of the seat map. However we welcome input on which would be more useful to our customers.
Old May 1, 2015, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Thanks for letting us know about that. We have the ability to request the seat map using any class code, and if we request using D instead of J those seats are returned as Blocked instead of Available. However we also found that JAL will then show those seats as Blocked instead of Occupied even if they are actually occupied, which isn't consistent with the rest of the seat map. However we welcome input on which would be more useful to our customers.
A separate option for "Business (Full fare)" and "Business (Discounted fare)" in the drop down menu?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.