Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Sydney Changes for Winter Season (Start 26Oct)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney Changes for Winter Season (Start 26Oct)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Europeanexplorer

Let's hope TG has a better attitude to maintenance and safety than route planning and IT.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Totally wiped on united.com for me .. just the SYD legs.

UA found the O inventory for me, and added it back in.

They emailed the new booking. Showing SYD-BKK-SYD was a 777.

I email them back thanking them and asking politely if it was a 777, as they only have 2 classes and just got this -

Thank you for your reply.

Currently, it shows that TG 476 and TG 475 are both operating on Boeing 773. Both flights offer three cabins.

We appreciate your business ......
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:16 am

UA found the O inventory for me, and added it back in.

They emailed the new booking. Showing SYD-BKK-SYD was a 777.

I email them back thanking them and asking politely if it was a 777, as they only have 2 classes and just got this -

Thank you for your reply.

Currently, it shows that TG 476 and TG 475 are both operating on Boeing 773. Both flights offer three cabins.

We appreciate your business ......
I think United just hasn't reflected the updated 747 aircraft yet. I know it takes awhile and they're usually the last ones to reflect aircraft updates.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: *Gold
For what it's worth (reply from TG LAX office):

Dear x,

We are currently working with our head office to reinstate all passengers back to First Class on the BKK-SYD-BKK flights. We will hopefully have F/C space restored by end of this week.

Regards

THAI AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL P.C.L
Old Sep 16, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Took several phone calls but I was able to get my award seats back on #475/476.

Originally called UA and was told there was nothing they could do. Made a phone call to TG's Los Angeles office and explained the situation, a very helpful agent transferred me to the "Mileage" desk. The agent there told me she would send her manager a message asking for the seats to be released to for my ticket. Checked back a few hours later with Manage My Booking and saw that BKK-SYD & SYD-BKK were confirmed in F.

Promptly called UA for the tickets to be reissued (2 separate PNR's). The UA agent reissued the first ticket but "the 2nd PNR was still waiting for confirmation from TG and to call back in the morning".

Called UA back and was told "that Thai said no seats were available" even though I could see my confirmed res on TG's web site. Another phone call to TG in Los Angeles and an incredibly helpful agent verified that my F seat on #476 was in fact confirmed, and if UA couldn't see it that they should call her directly.

Third ( or maybe 4th?) call to UA and my ticket was finally reissued! I sent an email to TG complimenting the agent who was so helpful and received a nice reply back. In the reply the reservations manager said " We do apologize on the flip-flop on the BKK-SYD flights. Apparently there were so many complaints that the decision was made to reinstate First Class at least through March of next year."

TG was helpful each and every time I called. Now let's hope they put new F back on #475/476. Moral of the story, don't give up.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by unityofsaints
For what it's worth (reply from TG LAX office):

Dear x,

We are currently working with our head office to reinstate all passengers back to First Class on the BKK-SYD-BKK flights. We will hopefully have F/C space restored by end of this week.

Regards

THAI AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL P.C.L
I had a similar response from TG LAX. They are very good and respond quickly. I think the process of restoring the F award tickets may involve waitlisting passengers for F in some cases. I was told to wait 48 hours until the F seat should be confirmed.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by 2919scott
Took several phone calls but I was able to get my award seats back on #475/476.

Originally called UA and was told there was nothing they could do. Made a phone call to TG's Los Angeles office and explained the situation, a very helpful agent transferred me to the "Mileage" desk. The agent there told me she would send her manager a message asking for the seats to be released to for my ticket. Checked back a few hours later with Manage My Booking and saw that BKK-SYD & SYD-BKK were confirmed in F.

Promptly called UA for the tickets to be reissued (2 separate PNR's). The UA agent reissued the first ticket but "the 2nd PNR was still waiting for confirmation from TG and to call back in the morning".

Called UA back and was told "that Thai said no seats were available" even though I could see my confirmed res on TG's web site. Another phone call to TG in Los Angeles and an incredibly helpful agent verified that my F seat on #476 was in fact confirmed, and if UA couldn't see it that they should call her directly.

Third ( or maybe 4th?) call to UA and my ticket was finally reissued! I sent an email to TG complimenting the agent who was so helpful and received a nice reply back. In the reply the reservations manager said " We do apologize on the flip-flop on the BKK-SYD flights. Apparently there were so many complaints that the decision was made to reinstate First Class at least through March of next year."

TG was helpful each and every time I called. Now let's hope they put new F back on #475/476. Moral of the story, don't give up.
I sent my email last night to the LAX reservations office kindly requesting them to reinstate my F seat that I had since January of this year. I'll give it a couple of days to hear back from them, and then I'll call TG.

I'm more worried when I call UA to find a solution because it's a crap shoot on whether the agent on the other line will be stern and unhelpful, or will go out of their way to get what you need done. Because my BKK-SYD is on a different PNR than the SYD-BKK, I fixed the BKK-SYD reinstatement without going through TG. Checking ANA today, there are still no F seats showing for my flight, thus my reason for working through TG to fix this particular segment.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold
rodjune,

I'd give the LAX office a call and see what can be done over the phone. The first time I called, the agent transferred me to the mileage desk and both were great. The second time I called the agent spoke with the mileage desk directly and reported back what was said. Like you, I had 2 PNR's. The first was fixed quickly and the second took some work (on UA's part, not TG's).

Both my flights are in early November, when I looked for replacement seats only 471/472 were even listed and not in F. Absolutely nothing showed for my original flights (475/476), I couldn't even try a dummy booking to buy F seats on TG's web site. Thai was the only entity that knew that seats might be available.

Rather than wait for a reply email, I'd suggest calling the LAX office and follow up.

Good luck.

Last edited by 2919scott; Sep 17, 2014 at 11:41 am
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:33 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
TG's office staff around the world must be sick of TG management making these decisions again and again. Make the decision create all the re booking work then change the decision and re-create all the re booking work just to end up to back where you started.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:22 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by travelislife
TG's office staff around the world must be sick of TG management making these decisions again and again. Make the decision create all the re booking work then change the decision and re-create all the re booking work just to end up to back where you started.
so true - hen you ask them they are all just frustrated about the zigzags
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:53 am

BKK-SYD-BKK back in first also

I noticed the PEK-BKK had a seat change. It turns our the 747 was put back on the PEK-BKK, Got United to claim the first seat showing on the ANA & Aeroplan tool award seat, on my companion rez & e-mailed Thai to restore my first class seat & the PEK-BKK cabin is wide open.

What a nightmare! Spin me round round baby spin me round round. Hours and hours lost.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 2919scott

Absolutely nothing showed for my original flights (475/476), I couldn't even try a dummy booking to buy F seats on TG's web site Thai was the only entity that knew that seats might be available.
Yes that bit perplexed me. Both the UA and TG sites showed ZERO F seats are buyable at any price. Insane!
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:31 am

Yes that bit perplexed me. Both the UA and TG sites showed ZERO F seats are buyable at any price. Insane!
United is finally reflecting a 747 instead of a 777-300 for TG 472/471, which means you can search on united.com for award availability now. I wonder when TG is going to open up 476/475.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:42 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by jglenn16
United is finally reflecting a 747 instead of a 777-300 for TG 472/471, which means you can search on united.com for award availability now. I wonder when TG is going to open up 476/475.
But nothing has been set into stone yet!
It might turn out that the daily flights 475/6 will be operated by B747 incl F-class only while the three-weekly TG471/2 shall be operated by B777 without F-class....
Just wait and see......
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
On TGs own site for the dates I am traveling if you go to book BKK-SYD it shows 471 & 475 as 747s but when you click on Royal First it then greys out 475 and only lets you select to purchase the morning flight 471.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.