Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Sydney Changes for Winter Season (Start 26Oct)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney Changes for Winter Season (Start 26Oct)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Yes they did...but it was never loaded past Oct 25th. So months ago when I booked 461 for Jan it was 2-2-2 seat map...so in a sense, they haven't changed from their original plan, but there is no consistency on the route.

The only an only time I flew 461/2 during the S14 timetable, yup, you guessed it, aircraft change to 773 2 days before travel...I'm still yet to set foot on their 77W!
Ahh ok. That makes sense. I was just hoping that they would load the winter timetable and both flights out from Melbourne would have the new ER. Oh well, one can dream.

I was so excited when I read that the timetable was finally loaded. I got an email from United too, thinking there would be an A/C change.

It's funny because at the start of the year I did a flight from KIX-BKK initially scheduled for a 777-200. 2 week's before the ER seat map showed and I was so excited. I was even more stoked when I found HS-TKU, the first contemporary concept design interior plane at the gate. The colors make the cabin feel cramped though.

Sometimes I do think that they make changes to ensure a lottery system though. Why would you suddenly change the design of your new fleet halfway through receiving it???!! I think they want to be inconsistent.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:36 am

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
I wonder what it's like to work in marketing for TG!?
Well the one thing you can be fair to them on is that they don't advertise their new first seats or the business seats on the 787 or B777-300ER on their website, it is still all the older product. So if someone has been looking at the website before booking it would be a surprise to get the flat bed seats.

I am still hopeful on the Melbourne route as they have gone to both flights with the 777-300ER at the moment. And I still don't believe the winter schedule has been fully loaded in to the GDS. Saying that I don't reckon Thai themselves know.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:39 am

Programs: CM PP DL GM
Any F class

Does any star alliance flights have F class going to Australia
Old Sep 3, 2014, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by MARIOCASTRO777
Does any star alliance flights have F class going to Australia
Air China
Singapore Airlines
Old Sep 3, 2014, 4:09 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Is it true that the C seats in bed mode on the 77W are as much as a foot longer than on the A380? I've flown on the TG A380 in C and at 6'2" the seat was simply too short for me. Now that I've got 3 SYD flights downgraded from 747 F to 77W C, I'm trying to figure out whether to stick with it or switch to Air China or another option. I'd rather have a cradle seat that I fit in than a flat bed that's too short.

Also, does anyone know if the seats or footwell are narrower in row 12 (12A/12K) due to the curvature of the fuselage at that point?

Incidentally, I have a SYD-BKK at the end of March that is still showing as 747F - I guess the winter schedule ends March 26th, so those changes are still TBD in theory.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 4:56 am

Programs: CM PP DL GM
Originally Posted by 26point2orbust
Air China
Singapore Airlines
Singapore airlines dont do well with United miles wich days Does AIR China fly with a 3 cabin aircraft i only see 2 cabin out Pekín couid you help me out
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:03 am

Programs: SQ, GA, QF
Sad ... I just cancelled my F class booking.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by cricketer
Now that I've got 3 SYD flights downgraded from 747 F to 77W C, I'm trying to figure out whether to stick with it or switch to Air China or another option.
The TG 77W is great in business class. I'm quite tall too and had no problems sleeping in the seat, I didn't find the seat too short.

Also, does anyone know if the seats or footwell are narrower in row 12 (12A/12K) due to the curvature of the fuselage at that point?
I have been in 11B and 12A on the 77W. The seats are the same as the other C seats; no curvature of the fuselage.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by MARIOCASTRO777
Singapore airlines dont do well with United miles wich days Does AIR China fly with a 3 cabin aircraft i only see 2 cabin out Pekín couid you help me out
F class offered PEK-SYD December 10th - March 4th.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...rn-winter.html
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:03 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by travelislife
Well the one thing you can be fair to them on is that they don't advertise their new first seats or the business seats on the 787 or B777-300ER on their website, it is still all the older product. So if someone has been looking at the website before booking it would be a surprise to get the flat bed seats.

I am still hopeful on the Melbourne route as they have gone to both flights with the 777-300ER at the moment. And I still don't believe the winter schedule has been fully loaded in to the GDS. Saying that I don't reckon Thai themselves know.
TG Australia do make some effort to tell agents what they can expect for their clients, http://www.thaiairways.com.au/static..._Oct_14_V2.pdf

however that is wrong fairly regularly.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer

TG Australia do make some effort to tell agents what they can expect for their clients, http://www.thaiairways.com.au/static..._Oct_14_V2.pdf

Sounds like Thai.

Old Sep 4, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1k
F class offered PEK-SYD December 10th - March 4th.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...rn-winter.html
The issue with CA is the number of occasions that folks have had F reservations cancelled by persons unknown by hacking into reservations. I have the option to rebook with CA for my LHR-SYD trip over Christmas and the New Year, but I would rather cancel the trip altogether and look at rebooking it later in 2015 when the service goes back to 747's than risk booking CA.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:14 pm

Did I claim that you're an official spokesperson for airlineroute.net?
All I said was that the website, which usually is the one of the first ones to publish this type of info, didn't mention anything.
I am the person behind airlineroute...

Regarding CA, since that's seasonal adjustment, it was not on my priority list to post it on airlineroute ASAP.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer

Love that it has the 787 for Perth marked as "A787-800"...
Old Sep 4, 2014, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Love that it has the 787 for Perth marked as "A787-800"...
It also has the wrong J seats listed for 747s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.