Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Sydney Changes for Winter Season (Start 26Oct)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney Changes for Winter Season (Start 26Oct)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by cricketer
two for February and one for March. UA says they can't do anything unless TG opens space, but has declined to ask for that; and TG says they can't do anything as it's a UA reward ticket. Bizarre.
Mine is a March as well. Perhaps give it a few more days and see if they automatically bump you back to F? Reports upthread indicated this was taking some time and not everyone was being moved back at the same time, but rather as they could get to them. Hope it works out for you!
Old Sep 24, 2014, 1:55 am

Programs: *Gold
Originally Posted by rodjune
I have not gotten any such message. However, one time I was successful at making an UA on-line change for another TG F class flight but got a similar (but not exactly the same) message. When I called UA, they said I owed a change fee, which was true since I changed the final destination. After the call and payment, the message disappeared. In any event, a call to UA should provide clarity and resolve the message.
I called UA and the agent didn't seem very interested, saying everything was fine with the reservation and that it was a united.com glitch. I HUACA'd, this time I got transfered to the website helpdesk but again they had no idea what was causing it, suggesting the segments on *A were the issue, even though the itin had been perfectly accessible from Jan until the reticket last Friday. I suppose I'll just have to drop it and accept the fact that I won't be able to view this PNR from now until the flight. Thx UA!
Old Sep 24, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by unityofsaints
I called UA and the agent didn't seem very interested, saying everything was fine with the reservation and that it was a united.com glitch. I HUACA'd, this time I got transfered to the website helpdesk but again they had no idea what was causing it, suggesting the segments on *A were the issue, even though the itin had been perfectly accessible from Jan until the reticket last Friday. I suppose I'll just have to drop it and accept the fact that I won't be able to view this PNR from now until the flight. Thx UA!
Even if you are unable to view the PNR on the UA website, I would request that UA send you a copy of the revised travel receipt via email. That document should reflect your most current travel segments as UA sees it in their system. If that document accurately reflects your travel plans, and TG's website accurately reflects the same, I wouldn't worry too much.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
United.com now showing the 747 on our flights.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Is there any insight on what will happen on the days with two flights? Right now my travel date in March has the 8am BKK-SYD being able to purchase all 3 classes and the 5pm (the one I prefer to take) will only let you buy Y & J.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: *Gold
Originally Posted by rodjune
Even if you are unable to view the PNR on the UA website, I would request that UA send you a copy of the revised travel receipt via email. That document should reflect your most current travel segments as UA sees it in their system. If that document accurately reflects your travel plans, and TG's website accurately reflects the same, I wouldn't worry too much.
Thx for the advice, I have the updated itinerary e-mail from UA and the relevant TG PNR looks good. It's just a minor inconvenience I suppose but this issue reflects the shoddy state of SHARES.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 3:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
A related, but different question for you TG SYD-BKK regulars.

I have 4 Y tickets SYD-BKK booked via UA miles on 10/25/14 for the family.

I can't get a straight answer, so hope you can help. Does TG operate their 747's that have seat back AVOD in Y on this route, or is there a risk of getting the old version w/o AVOD?

Thanks!
Old Oct 13, 2014, 4:28 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by bostonpilot
A related, but different question for you TG SYD-BKK regulars.

I have 4 Y tickets SYD-BKK booked via UA miles on 10/25/14 for the family.

I can't get a straight answer, so hope you can help. Does TG operate their 747's that have seat back AVOD in Y on this route, or is there a risk of getting the old version w/o AVOD?

Thanks!
both versions have AVOD in Y
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...7743852&nseq=1
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...7743852&nseq=1

for more info here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-...-overview.html
Old Oct 15, 2014, 8:07 am

Any idea if the days with two flights the 2nd one will be offering F?

Looking at my date in mid-March both showing 747 with TG471 8am letting you buy Y, J & F and then TG475 17:50pm letting you only buy Y & J. I'd much rather take the later flight to not waste a whole day leaving BKK in the morning at arriving in SYD at night.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 9:56 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Looking at my date in mid-March both showing 747 with TG471 8am letting you buy Y, J & F and then TG475 17:50pm letting you only buy Y & J. I'd much rather take the later flight to not waste a whole day leaving BKK in the morning at arriving in SYD at night.
TG475 appears consistently zeroed out in F throughout early next year. I too am wondering what intentions are as I have a booking in F on TG475 that was downgraded.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:58 am

I originally had BKK-SYD F award and then when all the stuff happened said F-it (expletive not First class) and canceled and then paid J BKK-BNE since in reality works out a little better doing BNE-SYD-MEL-LAX instead of SYD-BNE-MEL-LAX.
I'm fine with paying for F if TG475 does in fact operate 747 F but as much as I would love to fly ex-BKK in F using up the whole day taking the morning flight isn't worth it for me.

I think I'll just wait until January to see what the TG situation is and then book my intra-STRAYA flights and hotels.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Randomly checked TG 475 for February and saw F award space on UA. Was able to call in and easily get my booking for that flight switched back into F, and it shows up accordingly on TG (albeit with 10F rather than 9F configuration).

[corrected] Seeing the F space until Feb 28th, and zeroed out thereafter. I suppose they'll get there eventually and I'll be able to fix my March bookings.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:05 am

Ah good to hear about up to Feb, I wasn't checking early dates didn't want to waste the time. Will just stick to waiting another month or two before sealing plans.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 11:40 am
jmw

Thanks for the heads up on this situation.

I saw F award space show up on United for the downgraded TG 476 flight and changed the ticket back to F.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Considering booking this for early Nov, but it looks appears the newer 747 is pulled from this route. Any news on whether it'll be back?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.