Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Sydney Changes for Winter Season (Start 26Oct)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney Changes for Winter Season (Start 26Oct)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2014, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by rodjune
I'm surprised that the UA agent is making such a big production out of this matter. Since you already paid F-level award miles, and presumably, UA has already paid TG for an F award, it really shouldn't matter that you now want to move back to F, and no additional miles should be needed. Your UA flight itinerary on the website might already have a message that states that your ticket needs to be reissued if, in fact, TG has squared away and finalized the reservation on their end; that was my experience. I specifically mentioned this fact to the UA agent during the ticket reissue call. I have found that any updates made by TG reflects on the UA website almost immediately. On my other TG F-class PNR, I actually had to HUACA, because that UA agent wanted to charge me an additional 35,000 to reissue the ticket.
The same thing (UA agent wanting to charge extra miles) happened to me, and it took a while to get them to realize that I was originally booked in F on SYD-BKK.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
You should all count your lucky stars. I've tried a couple of times now and can't get my seats back in F.

I was able to make a provisional booking in F on TG 471 on one of the dates, and although I lose my day in BKK, that will work. I used some Ultimate Rewards and splurged on SQ suites SYD-SIN-HKG to replace the SYD-BKK-HKG - which since I've never been in the Suites before I'm looking forward to. So there's just one BKK-SYD that is critical (to the extent that any of this is). I've got 5 or so months for that to resolve itself. Hopefully it does!
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:18 am

Programs: *Gold
Is anyone else getting
"Error - We were unable to review the latest information for this itinerary."
... when trying to access their itinerary on united.com? I've gone through the whole O waitlisting and UA ticket reissue spiel and my Amadeus/Thai PNR looks in a clean state but I'm getting a bit concerned as the United PNR has not been accessible since the E-ticket reissue
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by unityofsaints
Is anyone else getting
... when trying to access their itinerary on united.com? I've gone through the whole O waitlisting and UA ticket reissue spiel and my Amadeus/Thai PNR looks in a clean state but I'm getting a bit concerned as the United PNR has not been accessible since the E-ticket reissue
Just checked both of my PNR's and everything looks fine. Have you called UA to see if there is a problem? I did notice when I looked at my reservations that UA now correctly lists the aircraft as 747-400 for TG 475/476.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by unityofsaints
Is anyone else getting
I have not gotten any such message. However, one time I was successful at making an UA on-line change for another TG F class flight but got a similar (but not exactly the same) message. When I called UA, they said I owed a change fee, which was true since I changed the final destination. After the call and payment, the message disappeared. In any event, a call to UA should provide clarity and resolve the message.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Got mine resolved this morning. It took about 20 minutes of hold time, but it was completely reticketed at the completion of the call, including email to me of the changes. New United record shows 747-400 for the equipment type on 476 also.

Originally Posted by SANbound
Wow... just checked this thread for the first time since they pulled F from the route. Glad to see its back! I have a UA award booking for 476 in March (connecting to a BKK-HKG in J). I hadn't done a darn thing since they bumped me down to J, but checked my Thai record and appear to already be confirmed in F back on the original flight. Lost 1A and 1K, but just sent an email to the LAX reservations office and hopefully should get those back. Reselected 2A & 2K just in case.

Called UA today to reissue the ticket and was first told that Thai was not operating that flight on the day I am booked to fly it. After going around with the agent a bit, and being put on hold for about 10 minutes, I was told they'd have to call Thai to verify that I had been "bumped down to business". I explained (again) that they had already reconfirmed me in F and simply needed to reissue the ticket. On hold I went again, and then came back to say Thai's reservation office won't be open until Monday and there's nothing they can do until then. Any tips for the next time I call? I just asked for the ticket to be reissued... should I be saying or asking for something else? So much extra work just to get things back to the way they were a month ago!
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:29 pm
jmw

Are reissued tickets on United to fix the Thai F/J problem subject to availability for all other segments? For example, if Air China has no space in business/first anymore even though I currently hold first class seats on that segment, would I risk losing the Air China seat if I move back to first on TG when United reissues the ticket?

Or is this just another HUACA situation to get someone more competent at United?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by jmw
Are reissued tickets on United to fix the Thai F/J problem subject to availability for all other segments? For example, if Air China has no space in business/first anymore even though I currently hold first class seats on that segment, would I risk losing the Air China seat if I move back to first on TG when United reissues the ticket?

Or is this just another HUACA situation to get someone more competent at United?
When you call in to UA, make sure to emphasize to the agent other segments you have on the PNR and what class you hold and intend to keep. Last year, when I was upgrading particular segments to F on a PNR, the agent also downgraded other segments I held in F class to J. This is why I now ask the agent to repeat the segments back to me one by one with the class for each segment. Good luck.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Could someone please share (or PM) the email address and/or phone number you're using for TG? I'm having absolutely no luck - they insist that all I can do is wait for UA to see the space on 475/476 and then request it.

thanks in advance!
Old Sep 22, 2014, 6:12 pm
jmw

Originally Posted by rodjune
When you call in to UA, make sure to emphasize to the agent other segments you have on the PNR and what class you hold and intend to keep. Last year, when I was upgrading particular segments to F on a PNR, the agent also downgraded other segments I held in F class to J. This is why I now ask the agent to repeat the segments back to me one by one with the class for each segment. Good luck.
So if there is no first class/business class space anymore on another non-TG segment, then there will be a downgrade to economy for that segment even though I currently hold first class? Sorry for this noobie question, but I've never had this situation before.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by cricketer
Could someone please share (or PM) the email address and/or phone number you're using for TG? I'm having absolutely no luck - they insist that all I can do is wait for UA to see the space on 475/476 and then request it.

thanks in advance!
TG automatically reconfirmed me, so I'm not sure. Have you checked your PNR online with Thai to see what status your reservation is in?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:56 pm

TG automatically reconfirmed me, so I'm not sure. Have you checked your PNR online with Thai to see what status your reservation is in?
Yes - checked all 3 and they show as confirmed in Business still. When I call they say they see that it was in F, but they can't do anything and it's up to UA to look for space and reconfirm back into F. Bizarre.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by jmw
So if there is no first class/business class space anymore on another non-TG segment, then there will be a downgrade to economy for that segment even though I currently hold first class? Sorry for this noobie question, but I've never had this situation before.
You get to keep all other segments in the class currently booked if the only change you want to make is to upgrade the TG segment(s) to F class.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by cricketer
Yes - checked all 3 and they show as confirmed in Business still. When I call they say they see that it was in F, but they can't do anything and it's up to UA to look for space and reconfirm back into F. Bizarre.
Strange... I'd call UA and go from there. UA already paid them for F... they should be opening the space for you, if not automatically reconfirming you. When is your booking?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:09 pm

Strange... I'd call UA and go from there. UA already paid them for F... they should be opening the space for you, if not automatically reconfirming you. When is your booking?
two for February and one for March. UA says they can't do anything unless TG opens space, but has declined to ask for that; and TG says they can't do anything as it's a UA reward ticket. Bizarre.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.