Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Sydney Changes for Winter Season (Start 26Oct)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney Changes for Winter Season (Start 26Oct)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by Europeanexplorer
I think the reason some people (myself included) are still not able to get their F seat back on TG476/475 is because TG has not yet released the seats in F for sale. TG472/471 has been available for a couple of days now. The last thing I heard from TG was that TG476/475 F seats should come online by the end of the week.
I ran into the same problem, F for 475/476 simply wasn't loaded into TG's system. I attempted dummy bookings on TG's web site, Expedia and Kayak and none showed TG as offering F to SYD the day I called TG's LAX office. I'm not sure exactly how TG did it so quickly, but my F seats on 475/476 were confirmed 2 days ago (within hours of my phone call).
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by 2919scott
I ran into the same problem, F for 475/476 simply wasn't loaded into TG's system. I attempted dummy bookings on TG's web site, Expedia and Kayak and none showed TG as offering F to SYD the day I called TG's LAX office. I'm not sure exactly how TG did it so quickly, but my F seats on 475/476 were confirmed 2 days ago (within hours of my phone call).
So you are now confirmed on TG475/476 even though if you try to book the same flight it would tell you F is not available? I cannot see any dates using EF where TG475/476 has seats in F open (whether award or otherwise).

As for where all the B744s with the 9F config are going, maybe this is where: http://airlineroute.net/2014/09/17/tg-lhr-w14/
Old Sep 17, 2014, 4:07 pm

Yes, when I had my seats confirmed on 475/476 for early November there were no seats available for sale or award.

Just got off the phone with TG to get my seat assignments and pre-ordered meal out of BKK.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA1K
Tonight I checked the Thai USA website and saw that my flight record showed a change to "confirmed" from "waitlist" in F for #475 BKK-SYD. It took about 9 hours for that event to happen. I immediately called UA, and they reissued my ticket in about 5 minutes. I went back to the Thai Airways website, secured my seat 2A, which was my original seat on that flight, and pre-ordered my meal. Happy ending to a lot of stress. Now I can look forward to my 1 hour massage and a lot of pleasant relaxation in the Royal First Lounge.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

As for where all the B744s with the 9F config are going, maybe this is where: http://airlineroute.net/2014/09/17/tg-lhr-w14/
Based on latest schedule update on 17SEP14, THAI is switching operational aircraft on Bangkok – London Heathrow service from 26OCT14, which sees double daily Boeing 747-400 operation. TG916/917 sees the 747 replacing current A340-600 service.

TG910 BKK0015 – 0620LHR 747 D
TG916 BKK1320 – 1935LHR 747 D

TG911 LHR1150 – 0610+1BKK 747 D
TG917 LHR2135 – 1555+1BKK 747 D

On Bangkok – Milan Malpensa route, service will also see Boeing 747-400 operating, replacing A340-600.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
My ticket on TG476 are is confirmed in F again, even though F is still not available for sale on TG476. For all those still waiting/struggling to get back to their original ticketed cabin, this was my chain of events:

1. TG476 was confirmed in F on B747-400, booked with UA award miles as part of a larger award ticket.
2. TG476 was downgraded and confirmed in J on a B777-300.
3. TG476 was no longer showing on my reservation on UA.com. My connecting flight in BKK was also gone.
4. Called United who said TG had waitlisted me on TG476 and that my connection in BKK was still there. United protected me on TG472 in F, but this led to a misconnect in BKK. United told me to ask TG what they were doing.
5. Emailed TG LAX. Got a very quick reply stating that UA had accidentally cancelled my waitlist on TG476. TG LAX said they were taking some time to reinstate passengers to their originally booked cabin. TG cancelled my protection on TG472 and put me back on the waitlist on TG476. This showed up on UA.com at the bottom of all my other flight segments. I was told to wait "until the end of the week".
6. Two days after TG LAX emailed me, I saw on UA.com that TG476 was now showing as "Waitlist Confirmed". I called UA who managed to reissue the ticket in five minutes.
7. Now basically back to point 1, just with a 10F plane.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 3:55 pm

My ticket on TG476 are is confirmed in F again, even though F is still not available for sale on TG476. For all those still waiting/struggling to get back to their original ticketed cabin, this was my chain of events:

1. TG476 was confirmed in F on B747-400, booked with UA award miles as part of a larger award ticket.
2. TG476 was downgraded and confirmed in J on a B777-300.
3. TG476 was no longer showing on my reservation on UA.com. My connecting flight in BKK was also gone.
4. Called United who said TG had waitlisted me on TG476 and that my connection in BKK was still there. United protected me on TG472 in F, but this led to a misconnect in BKK. United told me to ask TG what they were doing.
5. Emailed TG LAX. Got a very quick reply stating that UA had accidentally cancelled my waitlist on TG476. TG LAX said they were taking some time to reinstate passengers to their originally booked cabin. TG cancelled my protection on TG472 and put me back on the waitlist on TG476. This showed up on UA.com at the bottom of all my other flight segments. I was told to wait "until the end of the week".
6. Two days after TG LAX emailed me, I saw on UA.com that TG476 was now showing as "Waitlist Confirmed". I called UA who managed to reissue the ticket in five minutes.
7. Now basically back to point 1, just with a 10F plane.
Numbers 1, 2, 6, and 7 sound like my experience. I will add that when TG confirmed my F seat yesterday, UA website reflected my "confirmed" seat in F but I had a notice above the itinerary that a call to UA reservations was necessary to "reissue" the ticket. I'm glad I got a cheery and helpful agent to talk to. Only somewhat related to this situation/problem was that my HND-BKK TG661 segment was also downgraded to J due to change from a 747-400 to a 777-300 with staggered seats. TG confirmed with me that they don't plan to restore the 747 on that particular flight for that date. I really wanted to try the new "h" restaurant in the ANA Suites Lounge.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Pretty similar time line to me but UA website still showing me as having "O" first class seats on SYD-BKK-SYD which they are telling me on website is a 777 .. which of course is 2 class.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by ozstamps
Pretty similar time line to me but UA website still showing me as having "O" first class seats on SYD-BKK-SYD which they are telling me on website is a 777 .. which of course is 2 class.
United's award chart shows the 747 while the booked reservations show the 777. I just hope that United does not blow up the reservation when they update the aircraft to the 747. It seems that something goes out of sync every time United touches the record. Two messed up airlines. For me re-ticketing by UA has taken any where from 15 minutes to 1 hour. All this unnecessary grief and waste of time.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 3:42 am

Programs: *Gold
I was waitlisted for F for almost 48 hours which made me very nervous but now the waitlist cleared and the reissue of the ticket took 5 mins with United. I am very relieved now but I suppose I only got back what I had in the first place

F tickets appear to be on sale for TG475/476 on all dates now by the way, so if people are still "in the process" of getting back their F awards they should probably start applying pressure now, before flights fill up.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by unityofsaints
I was waitlisted for F for almost 48 hours which made me very nervous but now the waitlist cleared and the reissue of the ticket took 5 mins with United. I am very relieved now but I suppose I only got back what I had in the first place

F tickets appear to be on sale for TG475/476 on all dates now by the way, so if people are still "in the process" of getting back their F awards they should probably start applying pressure now, before flights fill up.
I'm still not seeing F tickets on sale for TG475/476.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 9:19 am

Programs: *Gold
Originally Posted by jglenn16
I'm still not seeing F tickets on sale for TG475/476.
Maybe they have not released them for the whole schedule yet. The dates I checked were near the end of November, directly on the TG website or ITA. I also see the availability in all F fare classes (e.g. F, O, P) on Amadeus directly.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Wow... just checked this thread for the first time since they pulled F from the route. Glad to see its back! I have a UA award booking for 476 in March (connecting to a BKK-HKG in J). I hadn't done a darn thing since they bumped me down to J, but checked my Thai record and appear to already be confirmed in F back on the original flight. Lost 1A and 1K, but just sent an email to the LAX reservations office and hopefully should get those back. Reselected 2A & 2K just in case.

Called UA today to reissue the ticket and was first told that Thai was not operating that flight on the day I am booked to fly it. After going around with the agent a bit, and being put on hold for about 10 minutes, I was told they'd have to call Thai to verify that I had been "bumped down to business". I explained (again) that they had already reconfirmed me in F and simply needed to reissue the ticket. On hold I went again, and then came back to say Thai's reservation office won't be open until Monday and there's nothing they can do until then. Any tips for the next time I call? I just asked for the ticket to be reissued... should I be saying or asking for something else? So much extra work just to get things back to the way they were a month ago!
Old Sep 20, 2014, 6:45 pm

SANbound,

Great news that you've been confirmed back into F. A good agent at UA should have no trouble reissuing your ticket, if you get one that is reluctant or doesn't appear competent, HUACA.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by SANbound
Wow... just checked this thread for the first time since they pulled F from the route. Glad to see its back! I have a UA award booking for 476 in March (connecting to a BKK-HKG in J). I hadn't done a darn thing since they bumped me down to J, but checked my Thai record and appear to already be confirmed in F back on the original flight. Lost 1A and 1K, but just sent an email to the LAX reservations office and hopefully should get those back. Reselected 2A & 2K just in case.

Called UA today to reissue the ticket and was first told that Thai was not operating that flight on the day I am booked to fly it. After going around with the agent a bit, and being put on hold for about 10 minutes, I was told they'd have to call Thai to verify that I had been "bumped down to business". I explained (again) that they had already reconfirmed me in F and simply needed to reissue the ticket. On hold I went again, and then came back to say Thai's reservation office won't be open until Monday and there's nothing they can do until then. Any tips for the next time I call? I just asked for the ticket to be reissued... should I be saying or asking for something else? So much extra work just to get things back to the way they were a month ago!
I'm surprised that the UA agent is making such a big production out of this matter. Since you already paid F-level award miles, and presumably, UA has already paid TG for an F award, it really shouldn't matter that you now want to move back to F, and no additional miles should be needed. Your UA flight itinerary on the website might already have a message that states that your ticket needs to be reissued if, in fact, TG has squared away and finalized the reservation on their end; that was my experience. I specifically mentioned this fact to the UA agent during the ticket reissue call. I have found that any updates made by TG reflects on the UA website almost immediately. On my other TG F-class PNR, I actually had to HUACA, because that UA agent wanted to charge me an additional 35,000 to reissue the ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.