Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Sydney Changes for Winter Season (Start 26Oct)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney Changes for Winter Season (Start 26Oct)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
But nothing has been set into stone yet!
It might turn out that the daily flights 475/6 will be operated by B747 incl F-class only while the three-weekly TG471/2 shall be operated by B777 without F-class....
Just wait and see......
You are wrong. Something is set in stone, and that is Thai management is totally messed up. The past 8 weeks have been change after change and if my 471 or 476 goes back to business class it would show just total incompetence.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by 2919scott
rodjune,

I'd give the LAX office a call and see what can be done over the phone. The first time I called, the agent transferred me to the mileage desk and both were great. The second time I called the agent spoke with the mileage desk directly and reported back what was said. Like you, I had 2 PNR's. The first was fixed quickly and the second took some work (on UA's part, not TG's).

Both my flights are in early November, when I looked for replacement seats only 471/472 were even listed and not in F. Absolutely nothing showed for my original flights (475/476), I couldn't even try a dummy booking to buy F seats on TG's web site Thai was the only entity that knew that seats might be available.

Rather than wait for a reply email, I'd suggest calling the LAX office and follow up.

Good luck.
Called TG "mileage desk" just now and got my status changed to "waitlist" for First. She told me to call back in a few days to see if I get "confirmed" status. She also said status could be verified on the website. She said to then call United as it would be necessary to re-validate ticket. TIP: When you call Thai in the U.S., select the "ticketing and rate desk" option (rather than "reservations") and they will pick up almost immediately and then transfer you to the mileage desk. I got to the mileage desk in only 2 minutes!
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:35 am

UA website now shows F class award availability for TG471/471, so if you have a UA ticket and you're trying to get F class on those flights, you can go directly through UA.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:36 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by rodjune
Called TG "mileage desk" just now and got my status changed to "waitlist" for First. She told me to call back in a few days to see if I get "confirmed" status. She also said status could be verified on the website. She said to then call United as it would be necessary to re-validate ticket. TIP: When you call Thai in the U.S., select the "ticketing and rate desk" option (rather than "reservations") and they will pick up almost immediately and then transfer you to the mileage desk. I got to the mileage desk in only 2 minutes!
You might check your booking on TG's web site this afternoon, both of my reservations were confirmed in F within a couple of hours even though they said it might take a few days.

Re-validation of the tickets with UA is where I ran into problems. A good agent can do it in minutes (PNR #1), an uniformed agent is a nightmare (PNR #2).
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:39 am

Hi guys, just wondering how everyone is referring to the 747 back on the route? When I check the seat map, it's the 10 seat F 744. The 747 is new F and 744 is old F. To me that is a big difference and if someone can prove me wrong and that it is indeed a 747 on the route, please let me know.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:49 am

Got BKK-SYD-BKK all back in F. And today got PEK-BKK back in F.

What a waste of time. Don't forget to call issuing carrier to re-ticket.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Amusing. I usually have good luck with this stuff, but both by phone and email, TG told me there was nothing they could do, everything was now confirmed in business and it was up to UA to make a new booking. They were very apologetic, but insistent that they could do nothing. My bookings were all for TG 475 - those of you who are having success, were you on the 471/472 flights or 475/476?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by 26point2orbust
UA website now shows F class award availability for TG471/471, so if you have a UA ticket and you're trying to get F class on those flights, you can go directly through UA.
If you have a UA award ticket and the UA web site shows F class availability, I recommend dealing directly with UA. Going through TG and then UA was a major pain.

Itinerary 1:
Called TG to get wait listed in F class on TG475, but the lady at the mileage desk talked me into booking TG471 instead of wait listing for TG475
Called UA to get ticket reissued, and that's when the trouble started.
- "I need to contact the rates desk"
Waited 10 minutes
- "because you changed from c class to f class, the new award rates apply" (ticket booked before UA raised the number of miles needed)
Me: "first, it's still an F award from Europe to Australia (Europe-BKK in F), so the rate shouldn't be higher. Second, I was originally booked in F class, but was downgraded to C when TG changed the equipment. Now I just want my original F class seat back"
15 minutes later and several back-and-forth with the agent and a supervisor, they agreed to make an "exception" and not charge more miles. Never mind that the change made shouldn't cause any additional cost according to the posts by UA Insider in the UA forum...
Total time: 30 minutes.

Itinerary 2:
Chose to deal with UA directly and go with F class on TG471. Quick and easy, done in 45 seconds.

Last edited by 26point2orbust; Sep 17, 2014 at 2:09 pm
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by cricketer
Amusing. I usually have good luck with this stuff, but both by phone and email, TG told me there was nothing they could do, everything was now confirmed in business and it was up to UA to make a new booking. They were very apologetic, but insistent that they could do nothing. My bookings were all for TG 475 - those of you who are having success, were you on the 471/472 flights or 475/476?
I was originally booked on #475/476 in F, when TG discontinued F to Australia my booking was converted to C on the 777. When TG relented and reverted back to F, I called UA for some help in getting me back into my original cabin (F).

The agent on the Premier Desk at UA told me there was nothing that they could do, it was totally up to TG to make any changes to the cabin of service. She said I would have to wait until award seats opened up on my flights and try and grab them. That is when I started dealing with TG directly to get things done.

TG was great and very accommodating, and put me back into F on my original flights. After TG confirmed my seats I had UA reissue the tickets. Perhaps TG is getting overwhelmed with people trying to get back into F so they may be attempting to get people to go through UA instead?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by 2919scott
Perhaps TG is getting overwhelmed with people trying to get back into F so they may be attempting to get people to go through UA instead?
I don't think this is the problem. Some people at TG are just not aware what is happening, but those in the know are definitely willing to help.

I think the reason some people (myself included) are still not able to get their F seat back on TG476/475 is because TG has not yet released the seats in F for sale. TG472/471 has been available for a couple of days now. The last thing I heard from TG was that TG476/475 F seats should come online by the end of the week.

Also, to those who think the changes on the SYD-BKK-SYD flights are erratic, BKK-PEN-BKK is far worse. I have seen a/c changes from a B734 to A300 to B734 to A320 to A333 in a couple of months.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Europeanexplorer
I don't think this is the problem. Some people at TG are just not aware what is happening, but those in the know are definitely willing to help.

I think the reason some people (myself included) are still not able to get their F seat back on TG476/475 is because TG has not yet released the seats in F for sale. TG472/471 has been available for a couple of days now. The last thing I heard from TG was that TG476/475 F seats should come online by the end of the week.

Also, to those who think the changes on the SYD-BKK-SYD flights are erratic, BKK-PEN-BKK is far worse. I have seen a/c changes from a B734 to A300 to B734 to A320 to A333 in a couple of months.
Prior to TGs most recent flip-flop on F, the TG476/475 flights were pretty much all on the new 747s with 9F seats, while TG472/471 flights were on the 777-300s. Do you think TG476/475 will be more likely to swapped with the new 9F 747s occasionally rather than TG472/471? Or should it be pretty much a game of chance at this point?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by jglenn16
Prior to TGs most recent flip-flop on F, the TG476/475 flights were pretty much all on the new 747s with 9F seats, while TG472/471 flights were on the 777-300s. Do you think TG476/475 will be more likely to swapped with the new 9F 747s occasionally rather than TG472/471? Or should it be pretty much a game of chance at this point?
I am surprised that TG decided to fly TG472/471 with B744s as well all of a sudden. I would have thought those would have stayed as B773s. It makes little sense to add 30 additional F seats a week to SYD-BKK-SYD if the existing planes were empty enough to cut F in the first place.

All B744 seat maps to SYD show 10F at the moment. I think we will get a better picture if/when TG finally make F bookable on TG476/475. I doubt all flights to SYD will be with the 10F configuration.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA1K

UPDATE - TG LAX office response to my email sent to them yesterday:
"As you can imagine, many customers have been impacted by the downgrade on this route. We are working diligently with our space control in Bangkok to get all the First Class space restored. Hopefully, this will be completed within the next week."
Regards
THAI AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL P.C.L
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:09 pm

I am surprised that TG decided to fly TG472/471 with B744s as well all of a sudden. I would have thought those would have stayed as B773s. It makes little sense to add 30 additional F seats a week to SYD-BKK-SYD if the existing planes were empty enough to cut F in the first place.

All B744 seat maps to SYD show 10F at the moment. I think we will get a better picture if/when TG finally make F bookable on TG476/475. I doubt all flights to SYD will be with the 10F configuration.
TG476/475 look like they have their seatmap loaded on expertflyer with the 10F configuration, even though they're not technically "bookable" yet. So, it looks like they're going all 747s with 10F for now, unless they change it when they properly load the TG476/475 flights.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by jglenn16
TG476/475 look like they have their seatmap loaded on expertflyer with the 10F configuration, even though they're not technically "bookable" yet. So, it looks like they're going all 747s with 10F for now, unless they change it when they properly load the TG476/475 flights.

[KVS Availability Tool 7.4.1/Diamond - Operational Info: TG 476/20 Feb 2015]
Code:
                 Planned Flight Info
Segment          Departure  Arrival    Duration
-------          ---------  ---------  --------
SYD-BKK          10:00/Fri  15:25/Fri  09:25

Segment          Flight Note
-------          ----------------------------
SYD-BKK          DEPARTS TERMINAL 1
SYD-BKK          1/ MOVIE
SYD-BKK          4/ AUDIO PROGRAMMING
SYD-BKK          9/ NON-SMOKING
SYD-BKK          ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE
SYD-BKK          F10C40Y325

Last edited by Prospero; Nov 9, 2014 at 12:44 pm Reason: Remove commercial link from KVS Tool citation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.