Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Sydney Changes for Winter Season (Start 26Oct)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney Changes for Winter Season (Start 26Oct)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2014, 2:23 am

My BKK-SYD F booking (booked through AV) in Jan was downgraded to J a couple of weeks back to a 77W and now it is showing 747 again... however still showing as J booking on thai.com

Should I wait for it to change back to F automatically or would I need to ring Thai or AV to get my booking changed back to F?
Old Sep 13, 2014, 3:26 am

I just checked a few random dates early next year. Now it shows 747 on all flights. Some days the flight has no F, some other days it is F0 A0 and some days there are seats available. Could not see a pattern.

Just booked us on Emirates from Europe to Sydney in F.

What a joke!
Old Sep 13, 2014, 4:28 am

Programs: TG Gold
This is how my booking looks like right now.

Old Sep 13, 2014, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Magnus
This is how my booking looks like right now.

I have the same showing on my booking too. Did you book yours through AV?
Old Sep 13, 2014, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
So for those of us who had HK CONFIRMED award "O" seats in First on the Thai 747 to and From SYD what redress do we have?

Thai changed it, so surely they are obliged to reinstate the First Class seats if they change it back?

United has PAID them for First Class seats, surely they need to find inventory to cover them?

On our flight day F is showing Zero inventory of any kind.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by ozstamps
So for those of us who had HK CONFIRMED award "O" seats in First on the Thai 747 to and From SYD what redress do we have?

Thai changed it, so surely they are obliged to reinstate the First Class seats if they change it back?

United has PAID them for First Class seats, surely they need to find inventory to cover them?

On our flight day F is showing Zero inventory of any kind.
I had 2 confirmed F awards on TG476 SYD-BKK, but proactively changed it to SYD-PEK when Air China announced they were flying their 777-300ER on that route. What happened to the people who were booked in F on TG, but didn't change routing/carrier? Did TG automatically rebook everyone in J, or did the passengers have to call your booking carrier to re-confirm new seats, etc?

From reading some of the replies above, it looks like some reservations were kept in F even though there was a downgrade in aircraft?

Last edited by jglenn16; Sep 13, 2014 at 8:25 am
Old Sep 13, 2014, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by jglenn16
Did TG automatically rebook everyone in J, or did the passengers have to call your booking carrier to re-confirm new seats, etc?
If you keep asking questions like this, people will think you are on drugs. (Just joking.)

They should re-book but they did not in my case. I picked up a F BKK-SYD flight by leaving a day later and calling United after F showed on Aeroplan & ANA, but not United's consumer site. The United agent could see the seats and re-booked me. Still in business on SYD-BKK leg. There are two F award seats the day before, but that would give me more than 24 hours to connect in BKK.

Over the past several months and frequent Thai downgrades on a rez booked in January, I have burned hours regularly calling and checking for F flights to open. This is no way to run an airline. Just hope they are not running their safety program like this.

Last edited by BF263533; Sep 13, 2014 at 8:41 am
Old Sep 13, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BF263533
Just hope they are not running their safety program like this.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Wozz
I have the same showing on my booking too. Did you book yours through AV?
I booked mine at TG office in Pattaya
Old Sep 13, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: UA Gold
Both of my flights (#475/476) for early November were changed by Thai from F to J with seats assigned. When I looked at my reservation this morning using "Manage My Booking" the aircraft has reverted back to a 747 but class of service is still listed as J.

I attempted a dummy booking on Thai and only Royal Silk comes up as available for my dates of travel. When I checked Expedia for F bookings on my dates, TG does not come up at all. Aeroplan shows F as available on #472 with a 777-300 for the date of my return. I don't have EF so can't check there.

Very frustrating.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Interesting. Looks like F award space has only re-emerged on the 471/472 thrice-weekly flight. Absolutely none available on 475/476. On ANA both flights still actually show as 773.

A right old TG mess. End result for me - 4 F trips have turned into 4 C trips (with F still paid for, albeit in miles, as things stand). A few months for this to rectify itself - I'm quite sure there'll be more hassles and headaches along the way.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by cricketer
Interesting. Looks like F award space has only re-emerged on the 471/472 thrice-weekly flight. Absolutely none available on 475/476. On ANA both flights still actually show as 773.

A right old TG mess. End result for me - 4 F trips have turned into 4 C trips (with F still paid for, albeit in miles, as things stand). A few months for this to rectify itself - I'm quite sure there'll be more hassles and headaches along the way.
If it is true that TG is putting a 747 back on the route, it looks like the old F product as it's showing a seat map with 10 F seats instead of 9 on the TG site and expertflyer.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 12:01 am

TG never stops their surprises, this morning my booking had 1 more TG476... confirmed in Biz and waitlisted for First

Old Sep 14, 2014, 3:13 am

Programs: *Gold
Latest airlineroute.net update on the topic:
http://airlineroute.net/2014/09/13/tg-frasyd-w14update/

What they say is definitely what is reflected in all the relevant places but I would assume it's only a snapshot of the situation, since not even TG would be stupid enough to roster the 747 on a flight (TG475/476) without selling the F seats as F... or am I giving them too much credit?

I would assume that this revert of the flights back to the 747 will be completed once they release F inventory on TG475/476, currently everything is waitlisted.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: UA Gold
Magnus

I checked my flights again this morning (475/476 for November) and both still show J on the 747. Did you call to get waitlisted back into F? Do you suppose TG was proactive because you are TG Gold?

My award flights were redeemed through UA MileagePlus, so perhaps folks like me are out of luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.