Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Sydney Changes for Winter Season (Start 26Oct)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2014, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Exclamation Sydney Changes for Winter Season (Start 26Oct)

http://airlineroute.net/2014/06/24/tg-syd-w14update1/

THAI has updated its Bangkok – Sydney schedule for Northern Winter 2014/15 season, which sees 3 weekly TG471/472 service operated by Boeing 777-300, starting 26OCT14, instead of Boeing 747-400 aircraft.

TG471 BKK0815 – 2135SYD 773 246
TG475 BKK1820 – 0740+1SYD 744 D

TG476 SYD1000 – 1525BKK 744 D
TG472 SYD1705 – 2235BKK 773 357
My F booking SYD-BKK-LHR is now totally ******. Moved to business class departing SYD the following day, arriving in BKK 22 hours after my LHR flight has departed.

I never did trust TG with this booking after the bizarre schedule changes previously announced (then reversed) for TG472 so fortunately I already have plan B booked.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 6:23 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
The changes are one thing, but I really don't get it when their system changes you so you misconnect to another Thai flight. But saying that TG's IT is archaic so the rebooking probably happens automatically with no regard for other flights.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travelislife
The changes are one thing, but I really don't get it when their system changes you so you misconnect to another Thai flight. But saying that TG's IT is archaic so the rebooking probably happens automatically with no regard for other flights.
Not only that. I was booked in F, but they moved me to C the following day on 472, even though 476 operates that day and is showing F6. Thanks TG!
Old Jun 26, 2014, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
wow, one 77W staying idle for almost a day at SYD 3 days a week . No wonder that TG tried a schedule change earlier (but had to change back to original times due to BKK connections to Europe becoming impossible for the re-timed SYD-BKK flight)

I sure hope it will not be taken from the Scandi routes...

Last edited by SK AAR; Jun 26, 2014 at 2:37 am Reason: spelling
Old Jun 26, 2014, 2:43 am

Pretty sure it is a 777-300 not a 777-300ER.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
wow, one 77W staying idle for almost a day at SYD 3 days a week . No wonder that TG tried a schedule change earlier (but had to change back to original times due to BKK connections to Europe becoming impossible for the re-timed SYD-BKK flight)

I sure hope it will not be taken from the Scandi routes...
Nope, it's a plain old 773. The 77W are too busy ferrying premium economy pax to Scandinavia...TG logic!
Old Jun 26, 2014, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
haha...good point. If you check the fares from Scandinavia in high season you will notice that it is also "premium fares" that TG is charging for a ride on the 77W

Thx for pointing out that it will not be a new 77W on the SYD run - for a 777-300 I couldn't care less (sorry guys)
Old Jun 26, 2014, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
This isn't exactly abnormal and is how most airlines (in my experience) handle such changes to the schedule. When the existing flight is materially changed, your bookings will initially only reflect that change. The flights are still several months away, so airlines do not need to immediately modify the bookings.

In time, they would rebook you or contact you. Of course, once you become aware of such a change, you can contact the airline and work with them to arrive at the best solution.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Not only that. I was booked in F, but they moved me to C the following day on 472, even though 476 operates that day and is showing F6. Thanks TG!
Same thing has happened to me.

I'm on a US Airways award ticket so it might be tricky to fix given their exit from *.

What do you think the chances are that Thai will be willing to move my flight back one day to the originally booked date and class of travel available on the other flight to Sydney (that hasn't been cancelled)? Thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2014, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GLAinYYZ
Same thing has happened to me.

I'm on a US Airways award ticket so it might be tricky to fix given their exit from *.

What do you think the chances are that Thai will be willing to move my flight back one day to the originally booked date and class of travel available on the other flight to Sydney (that hasn't been cancelled)? Thanks!
Mine is a LifeMiles ticket so also tricky to fix, although clearly they still have *A access etc. But balanced with the general trauma of managing a LM ticket!

Here's what I would do. I posted a slightly snippy comment about this on the TG Facebook page - they've done something funny with their pages but this one still is official and seems to be run out of Sydney:

https://www.facebook.com/thaiairways.fans

Literally 5 mins later I had two calls from them, both of which I missed, one from marketing and one from a supervisor. The chap from marketing called me back later in the day...wow, what a funny guy he was! We had a great chat actually about TG in general. Anyway, some people have said there is plenty of time to fix this...in my case, my flight is the weekend before Xmas, the only flight that I can be moved to to resolve this problem is currently showing F1...and this guy has told me he is desperately trying to secure it for me (it actually already shows as confirmed for me in checkmytrip ) and that BKK might take some convincing, and it may take time, but he will come back to me.

If it comes through, I just need to get LM to reissue the ticket, which in itself could be a challenge but hopefully not.

In your case, US will simply try and ditch your booking, so you really need to get TG to do the work for you first.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Quick update. I got a call back first thing this morning. They have confirmed me on TG476 and given me the last seat...it now shows F0. My layover at BKK is now just shy of 9 hours and they offered me accommodation which I declined. They're going to see if they have a contact at Avianca to get this reissued with minimum hassle to me.

:-::-::-::-::-: for service here!
Old Jun 26, 2014, 8:36 pm

I have four flights booked (2x BKK-SYD-BKK)
Two were booked on TG475 & TG476, so no changes to those.

The other two were booked on TG471 & TG472.
The UA website showed F class award seat available on TG476 on the same day as my TG472 flight, so I was able to get switched over to that flight.
On the day of my TG471 flight, there's no award availability showing in any class on TG475. No F class award seats on TG475 the day before or after, nor are there any F class seats open the day before or after for my FRA-BKK flight connecting to BKK-SYD, so it looks like I'll have live with the 773 on BKK-SYD for that itinerary (at least I have F class on the A380 from FRA).
Old Jun 26, 2014, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by 26point2orbust
I have four flights booked (2x BKK-SYD-BKK)
Two were booked on TG475 & TG476, so no changes to those.

The other two were booked on TG471 & TG472.
The UA website showed F class award seat available on TG476 on the same day as my TG472 flight, so I was able to get switched over to that flight.
On the day of my TG471 flight, there's no award availability showing in any class on TG475. No F class award seats on TG475 the day before or after, nor are there any F class seats open the day before or after for my FRA-BKK flight connecting to BKK-SYD, so it looks like I'll have live with the 773 on BKK-SYD for that itinerary (at least I have F class on the A380 from FRA).
Don't worry about award class availability. Check if there is revenue seats available in your cabin or service and then ask Thai to open them up for you.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 9:40 pm

Don't worry about award class availability. Check if there is revenue seats available in your cabin or service and then ask Thai to open them up for you.
I'm on a UA award ticket, so I don't know if Thai can do that for me. (I hope they can )
Edit: Looks like wheresmybagba was successful in getting TG to rebook him on his award reservation, so hopefully they can help me too.

The TG475 flight is showing F9 right now, so plenty of revenue seats available.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by 26point2orbust
I'm on a UA award ticket, so I don't know if Thai can do that for me. (I hope they can )
Edit: Looks like wheresmybagba was successful in getting TG to rebook him on his award reservation, so hopefully they can help me too.

The TG475 flight is showing F9 right now, so plenty of revenue seats available.
They most definitely can and will. Contact your local Thai office, let them know you are not happy with the rebooking and downgrade and let them know the specific flights you would like. They will then put the request in to Bangkok. Once the segments are in your booking you will just have to call UA and get them to reissue the ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.